SaltCritters.com

KFMMartin's (not so) Bada$$ Cube

Kfmmartin19

Hey everyone, I'm probably going to convert this tank to a pony fuge. There ya go :)

Boooo, how disappointing. Pony tanks r 4 gurls!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Polarcollision

:wub: :wub: :wub: Four for you today. :-) Thank you for the links!

Boooo, how disappointing. Pony tanks r 4 gurls!

You forgot to cross out 'probably' in that quote.

You forgot to cross out 'probably' in that quote.

O no he's got the fever that you can't shake. He's in there like swim wear! But for good measure lets cross it out.

Polarcollision

O no he's got the fever that you can't shake. He's in there like swim wear! But for good measure lets cross it out.

Much better. I need to be confident of my PONY FIX suppliers, after all. :-)

CoralCompulsion

Stay away from that bulb. It only uses cool whites (they really don't understand what 'neutral white' is so they just put a different cool white in and call it neutral), and if it does run at 36w, then it will fail within a year because of overheating. The red LED will be the first to go out.

Go for the R420R. It is the only one to include high-CRI whites in the fixture, although they are 50/50 cool and warm white, but the warm does a good job with reds. You need to adjust the two channels a bit to keep the light from looking purplish.

DIY is best, but it's not best for all setups though. Your tank is the 8g nuvo? It's difficult to get 'full spectrum' and also not be way too powerful at full blast (which is just a waste).

And to note on what is in bold - the fixture has been out for less than a year at this point. You won't find any 'good grown out SPS tanks' with it for many years. Instead, look to the LEDs themselves, as the R420R doesn't use anything special - just off-the-shelf Cree and SemiLEDs chips. People have been growing coral with those LEDs for many years now with great success, and with the right combination of a high-CRI white, you will alleviate the coloration issues that typical 'white/blue' fixtures have.

Just for reference, so everyone has the correct information, our bulbs are branded as 36w because they use 12 3w leds, however each led is only running at about 2w each. We guarantee them to continue running for a full 3 years. Also, in regards to the neutral whites, due to demand demand, we are currently working on modifying our spec, and replacing the 6500k whites with 4500k whites. This will be adjusted throughout our whole line, starting with our 20k full spectrum bulbs, in about 2-3 weeks.

jedimasterben

Just for reference, so everyone has the correct information, our bulbs are branded as 36w because they use 12 3w leds, however each led is only running at about 2w each. We guarantee them to continue running for a full 3 years. Also, in regards to the neutral whites, due to demand demand, we are currently working on modifying our spec, and replacing the 6500k whites with 4500k whites. This will be adjusted throughout our whole line, starting with our 20k full spectrum bulbs, in about 2-3 weeks.

If they are not being run at 36w of power, then it is not a 36w bulb and should not be labelled as so (despite the details being correct, almost no one is actually going to read that, and will think they have much more light than they actually do). That, and labeling 6500K as a neutral white is incorrect, as well (compounded by the fact that generic chips are notoriously more 'cool' than they are rated for, ie a 6500K chip would actually measure as 7500K+). I'm glad that you are stepping it up in providing a more full spectra, but keep the labeling consistent. I would also suggest for your 20K bulb to use 2x 3000-3500K warm white (no cool or neutral), 6x RB, 2x cool blue (in the 470nm range), and 2x violet (can you get closer to 430nm from a reliable source?). That'll get some willy wonka-esque colors for sure and would set you apart from the scads of others selling PAR38 now.

Polarcollision

Stay away from that bulb. It only uses cool whites (they really don't understand what 'neutral white' is so they just put a different cool white in and call it neutral), and if it does run at 36w, then it will fail within a year because of overheating. The red LED will be the first to go out.

Go for the R420R. It is the only one to include high-CRI whites in the fixture, although they are 50/50 cool and warm white, but the warm does a good job with reds. You need to adjust the two channels a bit to keep the light from looking purplish.

DIY is best, but it's not best for all setups though. Your tank is the 8g nuvo? It's difficult to get 'full spectrum' and also not be way too powerful at full blast (which is just a waste).

And to note on what is in bold - the fixture has been out for less than a year at this point. You won't find any 'good grown out SPS tanks' with it for many years. Instead, look to the LEDs themselves, as the R420R doesn't use anything special - just off-the-shelf Cree and SemiLEDs chips. People have been growing coral with those LEDs for many years now with great success, and with the right combination of a high-CRI white, you will alleviate the coloration issues that typical 'white/blue' fixtures have.

Jedi - I took your advice and clicked the go button on a 16000K Razor. :-)

I intend to post before and after pics of each coral's coloration differences. Can't wait!

Yay! :D

same

Yay! Yay! :)

Martin PMed me and asked i post this pic on his thread so he can have sweet dreams tonight. Just clarifying so u dont think i'm showing out :lol:

So here ya go buddy :P

P1270912_zps3c3870b9.jpg

Kfmmartin19

Martin PMed me and asked i post this pic on his thread so he can have sweet dreams tonight. Just clarifying so u dont think i'm showing out :lol: So here ya go buddy :PP1270912_zps3c3870b9.jpg

Thanks for clarifying. Want me to put it on the front page?

now i'm definitely upgrading my old Maxspect 160w G2 to the new Razor 16000k 27" for my 40b :)

Why? Did the beauty of my tank shock you into this decision?

Just know that just cuz u have the same light as me doesn't mean your tank can be THIS magnificent ;)

Kfmmartin19

K, now that I have advertised your fish on the front page of my highly coveted thread, you should, in return, help me sell my old lights.

Zia, you can head the marketing committee. Tell everyone you know that they're for sale and then convince someone to buy it :)

Kthx

K, now that I have advertised your fish on the front page of my highly coveted thread, you should, in return, help me sell my old lights.

Zia, you can head the marketing committee. Tell everyone you know that they're for sale and then convince someone to buy it :)

Kthx

Great move appointing me as the Lead Marketing guru on yo lights.

They haven't sold yet because you've haven't marketed them korectly! That's right Korectly!

We need to kick this campaign up a notch!

796392d378_zps61f9247e.jpg

Now Martin, t's a big responsibility, but it's also a coveted position youve put me in. With deep faith and big hearts we can do this together. As a team, a big powerful selling machine we will become.

Now last time you asked for my help selling your car, i suggested it's new paint job and an oil change and it sold on craigslist within minutes

1_zps4e1c8256.jpg

So i'm confidante we will rehome these lights to there rightful owner and you will be one step closer to eternal pony happiness my friend. And i don't use the term friend lightly

Kfmmartin19

Great move appointing me as the Lead Marketing guru on yo lights. They haven't sold yet because you've haven't marketed them korectly! That's right Korectly!We need to kick this campaign up a notch! 796392d378_zps61f9247e.jpg Now Martin, t's a big responsibility, but it's also a coveted position youve put me in. With deep faith and big hearts we can do this together. As a team, a big powerful selling machine we will become. Now last time you asked for my help selling your car, i suggested it's new paint job and a oil change and it sold on craigslist within minutes 1_zps4e1c8256.jpg So i'm confidante we will rehome these lights to there rightful owner and you will be one step closer to eternal pony happiness my friend. And i don't use the term friend lightly

lol Zia I'm glad I picked the right man for the job. It's difficult for me to imagine a scenario in which my lights aren't sold by morning at this pointI feel like I should probably go up the price $100-$200...

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/330528-ecoxotic-panorama-pro-set-for-sale/#entry4411845

^^^theres the FS thread if anyone is interested

Nah, not by morning! Good things come to those who wait grasshoppa. We must milk this campaign and take weeks to build the hunger/excitement from the buyers.

Kfmmartin19
Nah, not by morning! Good things come to those who wait grasshoppa. We must milk this campaign and take weeks to build the hunger/excitement from the buyers.

I would prefer to take one week maximum...

I have faith in u Zia

Nah, not by morning! Good things come to those who wait grasshoppa. We must milk this campaign and take weeks to build the hunger/excrement from the buyers.

Fixed. :-D

WTF man, your doing my job. Your stepping on my toes here and it hurts buddy!

Attention Ladies and gents, boys and gals. all you prestigious NR prospective buyers. I present you the absolute finest f/s listing you will ever have the opportunity to view. One and yes only one, of you will have the glory of owning these gently used (two still new in box) worlds finest LEDs! There's limited inventory, only three to be exact, but will sell as one sweet little package. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own Martin's very OWN lights!! He touched them, he tested them, he even blessed them to out preform anything your tank has ever seen. Now do the right thing and pick up your PayPal account and be the first and only person to buy these glorious lights. You will NOT be disappointed, and Martin's mother's aunts sister's uncle n law, guarantees it!

So HERE, Click HERE, your destiny awaits you

http://www.nano-reef...e/#entry4411845

Archived