SaltCritters.com

BIG 20 It's dog eat dog.

chrssprngs

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finnex HOB refugium arrived today. Can't beat that with a stick. Ordered it Sunday, got an email saying it shipped Monday night, tracking number showed no package in existence and it arrived today from Illinois. Time to give John a call for some Chaetomorpha and pods. Still have a little figuring out on the plumbing.

albertthiel
The refugium is plumbed and online.

Refugium, pump and LED light shipped for $54.

Great add-on and for a super price and a slight mod with that hose. Nicely done Chris

FTS. A little cloudy. Just finished messing with it.

86753ac1.jpg

eaf78aa3.jpg

My HOB line-up. CPR Aeroforce skimmer, Finnex Refugium, Filter w/ CPE

bc6adc9a.jpg

daf7c3b8.jpg

The Zoanthids recovery project coming around.  Skirts are growing back

1bfa38e5.jpg

The Captain Americas in there new location.

09bd7615.jpg

d97d98ac.jpg

VERY nice Chris

Thanks Albert. Now I need some Chaetomorpha for the refugium. The two closest LFSs to me were out. I think I will just place an order from John. On a side note, I bid on several Zoanthid/Palyazoa frags on Ebay last night. Shipping was kinda high but the frag prices were cheap. I ended up being high bidder on two of them so it made the shipping more reasonable. They will be here August 7.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...2#ht_806wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...5#ht_806wt_1270

albertthiel
Thanks Albert. Now I need some Chaetomorpha for the refugium. The two closest LFSs to me were out. I think I will just place an order from John. On a side note, I bid on several Zoanthid/Palyazoa frags on Ebay last night. Shipping was kinda high but the frag prices were cheap. I ended up being high bidder on two of them so it made the shipping more reasonable. They will be here August 7.

Wow great prices indeed ... and yes the shipping seems high but with two in one box I guess they'll be charging you the same 1x charge so that should help indeed.

They look super too ... hopefully though they will not be en route for more than a day as you say they will arrive on the 7th, so I guess shipping will be on the 6th, due to the week-end coming up.

Great buy !

albertthiel
One shipping charge for next day delivery. Insulated box with cool packs.

Great buy even when you include the shipping as you said for getting 2 nice frags ... !

On a side note, I bid on several Zoanthid/Palyazoa frags on Ebay last night. Shipping was kinda high but the frag prices were cheap. I ended up being high bidder on two of them so it made the shipping more reasonable. They will be here August 7.

OMG! You bought from Mr. Coral?!

timothymarsh

How is the finnex fuge treating you? I just ordered one and I'm pretty excited to get it on the tank. What is your general setup on it?

OMG! You bought from Mr. Coral?!

Did I make a mistake?

I feel a new "Chris rants about his latest online purchase" thread brewing.

How is the finnex fuge treating you? I just ordered one and I'm pretty excited to get it on the tank. What is your general setup on it?

I posted feedback and pictures.

albertthiel
These guys are missing. I'm sure the pistol shrimp had something to do with it. Can't find them.

1bfa38e5.jpg

Is whatever they were attached to still there Chris?

I had something similar happen, lost a whole colony of them and thought they were gone until I took the back cover I have on the tank off, and lo and behold, there they were wedged on the sand against a piece of LR

They were just starting to shine. I knew they were special. Nope, rock and everything is missing. Thought I found them back in this cave behind the leather corals. Couldn't get my hand in there so I bent a piece of wire and fished it out only it wasn't them. Don't know what it is so I put it in the fuge. It would be really cool if they had some more. These looked nothing like they do/did at BR.

I'm going to look more when the lights come on.

albertthiel
They were just starting to shine. I knew they were special. Nope, rock and everything is missing. Thought I found them back in this cave behind the leather corals. Couldn't get my hand in there so I bent a piece of wire and fished it out only it wasn't them. Don't know what it is so I put it in the fuge. It would be really cool if they had some more. These looked nothing like they do/did at BR.

I'm going to look more when the lights come on.

Even the rock is gone .. that is odd ... where would the piece have gone .. do you think a snail or hermit moved it out of the way somewhere?

The ones I lost and then found were glued to LR but I guess not well enough so they floated away with the current and now they are behind the large piece of LR and I cannot get to them unless I take a bunch of rock out, which I may have to do.

Well I hope you find yours .. they may be somewhere in the tank but you have not found them yet perhaps

Even the rock is gone .. that is odd ... where would the piece have gone .. do you think a snail or hermit moved it out of the way somewhere?

The ones I lost and then found were glued to LR but I guess not well enough so they floated away with the current and now they are behind the large piece of LR and I cannot get to them unless I take a bunch of rock out, which I may have to do.

Well I hope you find yours .. they may be somewhere in the tank but you have not found them yet perhaps

I have a pistol shrimp. Say no more. I thought I had these Zoanthids a safe distance away from the construction site.

albertthiel
I couldn't get the video to play. Maybe try on the laptop.

Yes you may need to do that .. plays well on my Laptop after I hit the start arrow

Albert

Archived