SaltCritters.com

BIG 20 It's dog eat dog.

chrssprngs

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
Thanks Albert. I use my phone camera.

Must be a real good phone camera :) as the pics are very clear ...

Albert

New corals today. Went to Miami on business and hit some reef places while down there. Darth Maul frag with 3 polyps from one place and then went by Morgan's (Reefgardner.com) and picked up an orange digitata and a maxi-mini.

albertthiel
New corals today. Went to Miami on business and hit some reef places while down there. Darth Maul frag with 3 polyps from one place and then went by Morgan's (Reefgardner.com) and picked up an orange digitata and a maxi-mini.

Nice can't wait to see them in the tank and see some pics of how they are doing. Good for you

Albert

Pics this evening. I have the digitata on the bottom of the tank for now. I will work it up to the top over the next week. The mini carpet has found a home where it is visible and not bothering other inhabitants. Not sure of aggressiveness of these guys and Morgan said they prefer lower light.

Nice can't wait to see them in the tank and see some pics of how they are doing. Good for you

Albert

Received my reagent packets today for my Hach's colorimeter.

Results:

PO4 at tap- 0.95ppm

PO4 at RO/DI effluent- 0.04ppm

pO4 in tank- 0.12ppm

0efdc099.jpg

6c23353e.jpg

b23f2b36.jpg

a661a72f.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that can't follow what these pictures are, what can I say I'm having a moment. Which is the skimmer and which is the HOB? The HOB is installed on the skimmer? :huh:

Nice looking tank! What bulbs and color are you using?

T5s

Fiji purple

Daylight

Super actinic X 2

URI from Aquacave

I love this combination

Picked up a small chalk bass today. From what I've read, they are very reef safe and make a nice tank mate if placed with similar non aggressive fish. I think he's going to fit in nicely with Sebae Clown and Orange Spotted Goby. Pics to follow. The price was right too. $12.00.

Nice little tank

Do you have any surface skimming on this tank? Also, you said you use NSW for you water changes. Which brand, or do you go and collect it yourself?

Nice little tank

Do you have any surface skimming on this tank? Also, you said you use NSW for you water changes. Which brand, or do you go and collect it yourself?

No surface skimming. I get the saltwater from a local provider. I pay 25 cents a gallon. Never have put any mix on this tank.

albertthiel
Picked up a small chalk bass today. From what I've read, they are very reef safe and make a nice tank mate if placed with similar non aggressive fish. I think he's going to fit in nicely with Sebae Clown and Orange Spotted Goby. Pics to follow. The price was right too. $12.00.

I posted some pics of two on my thread ... and yes they are IME great little fish but I would get more than just one (my opinion)

Albert

I read that if more than one are housed together they should be introduced together. It is a good size. (1.5"). I saw one in a large display tank that was about 3".

I Had a tobacco basslet in my tank about 2.5 " long, I added a shark nose goby which it thought was food and tried to swallow it head hirst. So the tobacco basslet found a new home and i had to buy a new shark nose.

albertthiel
I Had a tobacco basslet in my tank about 2.5 " long, I added a shark nose goby which it thought was food and tried to swallow it head hirst. So the tobacco basslet found a new home and i had to buy a new shark nose.

Quote from DoctorsFosterAndSmith

This basslet is a hardy aquarium species and kept in a reef with caution. It can pose a threat to small crustaceans and fish, especially damselfish, gobies, and blennies. A single individual should be maintained in a minimum of a 55 gallon tank, while more than one requires at least 100 gallons. Even so, the Tobacco Fish may try to dominate smaller members of the same species. It is best to introduce the Tobacco Basslet into the aquarium at the same time as other fish.

True of all members of the Serranus genus, the Tobacco Basslet is hermaphroditic.

As a carnivore, the Tobacco Basslet will thrive on a diet of meaty foods such as finely chopped fresh or frozen marine fish, squid, mysis shrimp, and frozen carnivore preparations.

Unquote

Way cool fishy! Never seen one of those guys before.

It was kind of an impulse buy. I was familiar with this species, but only see them on Internet and thought they they had red markings. When I saw this one with cool blue markings and at a great price. Had to have it. LFS means no shipping!

Archived