ReefCleaners.org

BIG 20 It's dog eat dog.

chrssprngs

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
I actually had one in both tanks. Haven't seen the one that was in the 20 for a while so I moved this into it.

Chris : what rock was it ... I assume it was not FLA aqua cultured but some Indian Ocean type ... I showed a pic to a local LFS here and he was like stumped ... had not seen a Scutus before ....

Albert

Chris : what rock was it ... I assume it was not FLA aqua cultured but some Indian Ocean type ... I showed a pic to a local LFS here and he was like stumped ... had not seen a Scutus before ....

Albert

Not sure. I started the BC about 3 years ago. The Scutus showed up about 6 months later. I started the 20L a little over 2 years ago with new live rock (same source) and a Scutus showed up in that tank as well. Haven't seen the second one since moving both tanks a year ago. Moved Scutus #1 to the 20L as explained in earlier post.

albertthiel
Not sure. I started the BC about 3 years ago. The Scutus showed up about 6 months later. I started the 20L a little over 2 years ago with new live rock (same source) and a Scutus showed up in that tank as well. Haven't seen the second one since moving both tanks a year ago. Moved Scutus #1 to the 20L as explained in earlier post.

Thanks Chris ... was just wondering ... wish my live rock had come with a few :-)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while, so new pics.

Left end tank view.

6843d944.jpg

Chalk Bass intrusion.

e0903333.jpg

Mr. Goby and his Zoanthids.

1035fdeb.jpg

Clown Fish

f44b1021.jpg

albertthiel
Hows the poor fish with the orange ich doing? :unsure:

I posted the answer to his in jest question on my thread ... as he posted the original one there

When I first saw it I kind of said now what is that but Chris does have a real good sense of humor indeed

Albert

albertthiel
Mr. Goby's buddy makes an appearance. This guy moves sand like nobody's business.

Mr Orange does indeed !

albertthiel
I got some spidermans yesterday.

Do you have space for all the new frags etc ... you buy, seems like that tank must be chokoblock full ...

BTW I posted two responses to yours on my thread

Albert

Opening nicely.

05c0c4df.jpg

They got a little sandy on entry.

I got some spidermans yesterday.

So I guess we can combine forces and fight crime.

I ordered the LED light for it as well. Trying to keep up with KK.

aww. LED's do add the shimmer, but T5s have the coral color and growth. A combination is honestly the best.

I was thinking if I had the DIY skills I would retro fit the RSM hood with everything: LED's T5s, and a 70W halide too. That would be a tank to behold.

aww. LED's do add the shimmer, but T5s have the coral color and growth. A combination is honestly the best.

I was thinking if I had the DIY skills I would retro fit the RSM hood with everything: LED's T5s, and a 70W halide too. That would be a tank to behold.

The LEDs are for the HOB fuge. I like my T5s. Thinking about adding that LED strip light I linked to your thread.

What a beautiful tank. Hard to believe thats a 20L.

Thanks for taking a look.

So I guess we can combine forces and fight crime.

I'm going to find some wonder woman zoanthids, and some Batgirl zoanthids and then we are on!

Slow down with your bad self.

Nevah.

so! I meant to ask you, you have the same HH as the pic below, did you ever get an ID on it?

IMG_9591.JPG

or am I mistaken?

Archived