BIG 20 It's dog eat dog.

chrssprngs

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
Cheato is in.

0481acad.jpg

Nice Chris ... If I remember you made a mod to it so you could hide the pump ... which one are you using since the one they sell with it may not have enough oomph when placed lower in the tank.

Albert

Using the stock pump. I actually modded it so I could place it higher in the tank. I have so much rock in the tank that to "hide it" would be taxing at best. The pump is small and will soon be covered in coralline algae. By having it high in the tank, it also allows easy access for cleaning/maintenance.

Chris

albertthiel
Using the stock pump. I actually modded it so I could place it higher in the tank. I have so much rock in the tank that to "hide it" would be taxing at best. The pump is small and will soon be covered in coralline algae. By having it high in the tank, it also allows easy access for cleaning/maintenance.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the addl clarification.

Yes. Disappointed. They did throw in a freebie. Nothing special. Small polyp on a plug. Maybe I can turn these zeros into heros.

Mr coral refunded me the price of one of the frags. $4.99. I told them that it wasn't about the cost of the frag. Disappointed that apparently the missing polyps melted during shipping and didn't receive what I was expecting.

Unrelated random photo.

42E79A4C-4979-4E00-98D7-C57A1AA28788-546-000000F3928DC395.jpg

Mr coral refunded me the price of one of the frags. $4.99. I told them that it wasn't about the cost of the frag. Disappointed that apparently the missing polyps melted during shipping and didn't receive what I was expecting.

Guess I won't be buying from them !

Albert

Thanks for stopping in. It was kind of a deju vue thing when I looked at your FTS. I don't have the colonies that you do but I saw some similarities in the whole theme of the tank. Lots of rock and lots of coral! My kind of reef.

And I have some caves.

Thanks for stopping in. It was kind of a deju vue thing when I looked at your FTS. I don't have the colonies that you do but I saw some similarities in the whole theme of the tank. Lots of rock and lots of coral! My kind of reef.

And I have some caves.

Yeah man I really like the look of your tank! The monti and chalice set it off!

Thanks. Probably due for an updated FTS. I get caught up in photographing isolated areas and individual specimens. I think I will take a FTS today after the lights come on.

Those are some starving acans. Feed those poor babies some mysis already.

Trust me. They get fed. I feed the Dendros twice a day and the Acans are hard to ignore. I probably over feed. Hence the Calerpa issues. I am catching up with the Calerpa. A few isolated spots are left. Adding the fuge is helping. I caught Scutus snail munching on it last night.

Sorry Maria. Got a little tipsy and forgot about the promised FTS.

Pistol Shrimp is keeping busy rearranging all the Zoas that aren't locked down. Pissing me off.

Archived