Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

Deleted User 3

I live in a place where weather.com says this to me this evening...

Temperatures warming rapidly to -13 to-17F...

Uh if -17 is warm.. what is cold? Right now it's -8.. 'feels like' -28 with wind. Yeah, It's bitter.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always think of that when I relize that I start thinking of 'cold' as being warm. I was out side in 30 degree weather the other day in my t-shirt and pants. Was thinking to my self that if I was doing manual labor I probably would be in shorts. Then it dawned on me how stupid it sounded.... Of course in true midwestern weather fasion it was 68 the next day and I was burning up.

Have fun trying to stay warm.
Deleted User 3

I always think of that when I relize that I start thinking of 'cold' as being warm. I was out side in 30 degree weather the other day in my t-shirt and pants. Was thinking to my self that if I was doing manual labor I probably would be in shorts. Then it dawned on me how stupid it sounded.... Of course in true midwestern weather fasion it was 68 the next day and I was burning up.

Have fun trying to stay warm.

30 degrees I would be in a tshirt and pants getting the mail and picking up dog poop... its -13 right now... 30 would feel like summer. I was trying to explain to my friend who lives in Georgia, that after a harsh WI winter (-40 with wind sometimes!) 30 in spring with sun and melting snow feels like summer... no sweaters for me that day! lol. Today i will be wearing a sweater and a jacket, two pairs of gloves, fuzzy fleece socks, a hat a scarf and boots since my version of working is shopping for a dumb b****.. so i'm in and out, pushing carts to the truck, carrying everything into the office, filling the truck up... which at -13 when its windy is like -23 or something right now, and standing outside filling a gas tank for 10 minutes sucks lol.

I might hop in the fish tank, its 79 degrees in there, and my house is set at 69, and i'm chilly. haha don't wanna turn it up, electric heat is $$$$ :furious::angry::furious:

It is strange how after winter you get adjusted to cold and then the spring comes and you are dieing because it is so 'hot' I remember I turned on my AC last year in the car one spring day when it was 70 because I was so uncomfortable I couldn't stand the heat anymore.

Sounds like you are a bit warmer then where my cousin is up that way they had a windchilll of -34 today. He decided it was cold enough to warm the truck up before he got in it for the morning.

Personally if it is in the -s I no longer care it is just really freaking cold at that point. I can't tell to much difference any more.

Growing up my mom never had the house about 68 in the winter, so I am used to that. I actually feel like a place is to hot if it is much over 70, I don't care how cold it is outside. I hate getting all bundled up to go from the car to the store, once your in the store you have to strip all you cold weather stuff off or you die of heat stroke. I usally just suck it up and run from the car to the store in a t-shirt/sweat shirt.
Yes gas fill ups stink in that sort of weather. Changing a tire in that tempture with freezing rain is the most unplesent winter task I have ever experenced.

You stay warm and don't get frost bite.

I think the need to relax in the tank is an acceptable reason to get a bigger tank. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 3

Im really sick of this monti.. I accidentally fragged it again... and it recovered, and then went down hill again. it NEVER DIES, which is good but im sick of it.. I have a larger frag and then like 2 or 3 (if i can find one) 1" or so frags.. lol the small frags do better than the big guy. I'd ship it to someone who's willing to buy a frag or the big one to recover it... but it's so cold here sooo even a heat pack wont help.

Deleted User 3

Montipora Digiata- German blue, it's the stick kind.. and blue lol. its like blue ish purple when ive seen it fluroesce in my tank. I'd have to ship it with a heater connected to some battery operated outlet LOL

Montipora Digiata- German blue, it's the stick kind.. and blue lol. its like blue ish purple when ive seen it fluroesce in my tank. I'd have to ship it with a heater connected to some battery operated outlet LOL

Pictures? Pwetty Please? :flower:

Deleted User 3

of the monti? its in my 71 pages some where lol. it looks pretty horrible atm. ill find a good pic of it hold on! lol

183425_423206931062203_1918950117_n.jpg

before some accidental fragging, and when it was doing fine lol.

Deleted User 3

284963_453154831400746_148226178_n.jpgon the top of the rocks. It has lost a bigger branch and a smaller one in the mean while that i still have lol.

I like it. It's a blue reef tree. B)

I liked it too before it decided to do all this crap. NEED rodi and better lighting and then it'll be happy again after a entire water change. and time. buuuuuuut i didn't get ANY tax refund this year, like I thought I would.

Deleted User 3

Yeah I'd get $1 back... >< plus even if i got something, i really NEED to fix my car (have 2 parts to put in, so gotta find someone for that for free atm, lol as well as need new front tires mine are so bald i dont even get snow caked in the crevaces anymore :( and then my laptop keeps having issues I can never conquer for long... etc.. *insert major eye roll here* Need...lottery...win....

Don't trash the poor coral. At least hold it tell you can give it to some one in the spring.

Yeah I'd get $1 back... >< plus even if i got something, i really NEED to fix my car (have 2 parts to put in, so gotta find someone for that for free atm, lol as well as need new front tires mine are so bald i dont even get snow caked in the crevaces anymore :( and then my laptop keeps having issues I can never conquer for long... etc.. *insert major eye roll here* Need...lottery...win....

What do you need to put in the car if you don't mind me asking. If its not to hard it could be something you could do your self with a book and a wench.
If you can explain the laptop issues I might be able to help with them. Fairly good with them. (Send me a PM if you want.)

NEED rodi and better lighting and then it'll be happy again after a entire water change.

If you got a local walmart you could check if they have an RODI unit. Most of them here do. 37 cents a gallon and department of health watches the machines for quality, supposidly at least.

Nah they'd stick penalties and interest all over you for many years. It would cost them way too much money to jail you or even take you to court.

First they would wait a few years before they nailed you to the wall. That way they could really give you the fines.

Archived