Coral Vue Hydros

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

Thanks! And I found my zoas... I dont know what happened but Sherman has them in his cave. I dont know how im going to get them out lol.

Can you fish a turky baster in there and blow them out? I have had to do that with mushrooms that kept detaching. The current would carry them into a dark part of the tank that is like a cave. I couldn't reach them with any thing, finally tried blowing water in there with the power heads off and they came out.

Deleted User 3

Can you fish a turky baster in there and blow them out? I have had to do that with mushrooms that kept detaching. The current would carry them into a dark part of the tank that is like a cave. I couldn't reach them with any thing, finally tried blowing water in there with the power heads off and they came out.

No :( the turkey baster wont fit at that angle, i might try to reach in and grab them.. I dont know. I left them there for now

tweezers maybe?

Cool new siggy!

Maybe.. they're in a really inconvenient spot.. I can only see them from eye level... at the bottom of the tank under shermans rock.. too bad he doesn't speak english. :P & thanks!

Deleted User 3

Okay! I figured out this morning what countries I do not have in my paper or coin currency collection. So if anyone has any they'd like to donate of these countries... ahem.. I'd be thankful.. it was my birthday a week ago.. ahem..

Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua/Barbuda, Bahrain, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Costa rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Djibouti, Dominica (not Dominican Repub. apparently different), East Timor, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea/Guinea/Guinea-Bissau (not Papua N. Guinea), Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada,Guyana, Kenya, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawai, Maldives, Malta, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Namibia, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Qatar, Rwanda, St. Kitts/Lucia/Vincent, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudia Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Solomon Is. Somalia, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican city, Venezuela, Yemen.

I realize that some of these may not be UN recognized countries, that's okay. I elimiated a few (like 10 or less) countries that I have never even heard of also, for now, and some may not even have their own currency!

Hate to break it to you but I see a few on that list that no longer make their own currency. At least last I knew. I have some 80 countries in my collection. Panama being one that I do not belive makes their own any more. I also think cyprus adopted the euro but I may be mistaken.

I might be able to get you Moldova I know someone going over there this summer.

• Like 1
Deleted User 3

I didn't say current 2012-2013 money haha! I have some from 1890, 1913 yugoslavia which is now slovenia (or slovakia?) and croatia... lol

Doesn't matter whether it's now, or 200 years ago! :P

Well in that case your in luck.

Did you know states issued special currency here in the USA too. I have some from oklahoma and some from Kansas. They were called Tax Tokens. Here is a bit of a run down on them I just found.

Deleted User 3

Well in that case your in luck.

Did you know states issued special currency here in the USA too. I have some from oklahoma and some from Kansas. They were called Tax Tokens. Here is a bit of a run down on them I just found.

That's cool. I don't really collect American money as usually it's more expensive, it's my Grandma's expertise, she has a T.O.N. of US money. I think foreign is cooler. AND old old american, like I have this 1900 american silver dollar or liberty? I don't even know lol. It's neat. Apparently via google it's a Morgan silver dollar. I had found it in the pile of them from the coin shop here with my grandma one day, and really liked it because it was old looking, wasn't uncirculated, was worn a bit, but it just looked cool, and she bought it and i'm like GRR, but i figured atleast one of us had it. Ended up I got it for Christmas haha! I don't know if that was the intention, pretty sure it wasnt, but now it has a story ha! I have 2 .999 copper coins, some half dollars, a birth year us coin set, a couple quarters, a copper penny, and two silver things one with my grad date and one with my birth date. :)

• Like 1

My stylish dog Shes too big for any of the dog clothes at the stores here so we've been getting into bandanas. She has a pink polka dot one, a purple paisley one, a Tripawds yellow one, and this one I got today. Found a dollar on the ground so ibought it with that ha ha.

299640_456076367775259_1401544443_n.jpg

Cute dog! I love her bandana.

Deleted User 3

Cute dog! I love her bandana.

Thanks! She's a PITA, but I still love her. She just needs summer back so we can play outside, or decent temp and fresh snow. One of the two. She does this exasperate sighing, and this whine, that tells me she's bored.. it's like a kid going IMM BOREEEEDD. So annoying, ha!

Thanks! She's a PITA, but I still love her. She just needs summer back so we can play outside, or decent temp and fresh snow. One of the two. She does this exasperate sighing, and this whine, that tells me she's bored.. it's like a kid going IMM BOREEEEDD. So annoying, ha!

My dog does the exact same thing! Or shoves her nose with a tennis ball in her mouth at me.

Here she is sleeping on the left. The one on the right is our other dog:

266663_10152404748175084_587061686_o.jpg

I have more us currency, last time I did a count face value was over 300$ I have no idea what the real value of it is. I have an original "nickel" its a shield nickel and was prior to the buffalo nickel. My dad got it when he was young as change from the soda shop. That is probably the oldest one I own. That or my twopenny from around the time of Lincon.

I was given a large part of my collection by my dad because I always liked his. I pick stuff up here and there haven't really be much into it of late. The last few things I got in my change. I found a Canadian penny so old that it has the king on it. I always look in my change for silver coins and such. I have gotten a few of those in the last year. Most of what I have of late is from people I know who live in or visit other parts of or the world. I will send a message to that person going to Moldova this summer. I just relized I don't have any from there either. I shall try and procure you some as well.

• Like 1
Deleted User 3

cool! yeah I have no canadian money but am sure ill come upon some sometime again haha. I use them for american money because they look the same...

I am the weird guy who notices the canadian coin on the regester and trades the store for what they got ripped of. :D Next time you cash a check ask for some 2$ and 50 cent pieces. Those are so funny to use on unsuspecting workers. Some of them are positve it is not real, and call a manger over. Yup it is funny. Oh and watch the 2$ for ink that is not green, those are rather rare and worth some money depending on the ink color.

• Like 1
Deleted User 3

Yeah, i owed my grandna money so asked the people at the bank for twos, and got some dollar coins and odds n ends. because she collects american. Was a nice gesture.

Just wanted to say hi tulips.Whats new ?

I was showing a friend Wayne Shangs book tonight and it gave me some new ideas for my systems. If you dont know who Wayne Shang is he is the master clam keeper of the universe. The thing about him is he is very hush hush about how he cares for his tanks. He doesnt reveal his secrets..

Deleted User 3

Hello! not much. My mom & her bf came over quick w/ my sister and looked at the fish tank while they were waiting for me to get something, and she said zoas are creepy... :S Everyone wanted to see Sherman (the starfish) but he was being a shyguy and wouldn't come out. What's new with you?

Also, have not heard of him. I'm sure if I researched clams I would have known about him. That stinks that he doesn't reveal anything, he should! Would help people out!

Archived