Cultivated Reef

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

Deleted User 3

I would probably had I a good car & regular gas money. I've only been down that way a handful of times, for the FFA trip to the ... whats it called.. thing with all the cows.. dairy show.. something er nother... and then the governor's building, and that's about it. I don't go out of the city of Marshfield now that my car is so crappy. =\

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

... another question.... these one supposed zoas I have, in my pics they're on the right side on their own rock, they've gotten curly skirts, like my palys have.. they never used to, why is this.

Which zoas are you talking about. The ones in your high contrast pix (on the right)? Hmmmm, I don't really know if the skirt size change is 'happy zoa' or 'i was really a paly and faked you out!'

Would be interesting to hear if anyone else has an answer.

Deleted User 3

Which zoas are you talking about. The ones in your high contrast pix (on the right)? Hmmmm, I don't really know if the skirt size change is 'happy zoa' or 'i was really a paly and faked you out!'

Would be interesting to hear if anyone else has an answer.

Yes, they're also underneath the clowns in the photo above my drawing... its really weird, im thinking they are palys.. because my basils le palys from happycoral have the same skirt, they got it shortly after i got them... so weird! The curly skirt is kind of neat though! Ill get a pic today when I clean up and feel better (reacted badly to the allergy shot today...) and take some 6 months photos.. Yes, today my tank is 6 months old :)

Deleted User 3

Hey how do u like the fishneedit fixture?

I love it. It's gotten wet like three times, and it's still great. The reflectors could be a bit better but I think it's decent. I want to upgrade to a LED fixture but that will probably be a few years from now, need MOAR light ! lol. I want to get the best coloration out of my corals, so they look like everyone elses :(

Bummer about the allergy shot, but YAY GRATS on your half-birfday!!

omgomgomg

PARTY!! I'll bring the cake!

WOO HOO. Ironically, my tanks 6 month birthday, is 6 days away from my 22nd :P

Deleted User 3

Cool. What bulb combo do u have and is it enough for SPS?

2 bulb, ati coral + and ati blue +. No i would say not really, i have the monti, but it's special. It does color up, but it's not nearly as fluroescent as it would be with some great lighting. 4 bulb would be perfect w/ ATI bulbs, but LED is more of what im going to rather than upgrading to a 4 bulb.

@BENNNYYY

Would RapidLED 12 LED kit be enough for my tank? To grow all? OR should I do the 24? Or something else. I'm really annoyed with lighting lol. I'm sick of my fixture sorta, and want LED, but I want a diy kit I think. Solderless of course because I suck at soldering.

Cool. What bulb combo do u have and is it enough for SPS?

When i upgrade, I will sell this fixture to you if you want. It's modded so you can turn on both, or Just the blue light.

jedimasterben

@BENNNYYY

Would RapidLED 12 LED kit be enough for my tank? To grow all? OR should I do the 24? Or something else. I'm really annoyed with lighting lol. I'm sick of my fixture sorta, and want LED, but I want a diy kit I think. Solderless of course because I suck at soldering.

For a basic fixture, do 6x NW, 12x RB, and 4x CB.

EDIT: Actually, you can probably knock it down to 4-8-3 since you're really not doing SPS.

Deleted User 3

For a basic fixture, do 6x NW, 12x RB, and 4x CB.

EDIT: Actually, you can probably knock it down to 4-8-3 since you're really not doing SPS

RapidLED only has 12 and 24... they dont have 22. I was going to do the 12 Cree leds and do 8rb 2cw and 2nw, but if i did the 24 led fixture i was thinking of like 16 rb, 4cw and 4 nw. But i dont know if 12 would be enough and its double the price for 20. fkjdbsfhreh. grr.

jedimasterben

Don't use cool white. Don't use more than 18 LEDs unless you're mixing in colored LEDs. If you want Willy Wonka colors, do 2x WW, 2x NW, 8x RB, 4x CB. I really wouldn't go much more than that.

There's also a lot missing from the kit. You'll need to purchase either potentiometers ($7) and a 10v adapter ($10) or the dimming kit (about $30), and you'll need a heatsink ($20), a fan/splash shield/hanging kit ($23), and a power supply for the fan ($10). I think that's all that is missing.

Deleted User 3

Don't use cool white. Don't use more than 18 LEDs unless you're mixing in colored LEDs. If you want Willy Wonka colors, do 2x WW, 2x NW, 8x RB, 4x CB. I really wouldn't go much more than that.

There's also a lot missing from the kit. You'll need to purchase either potentiometers ($7) and a 10v adapter ($10) or the dimming kit (about $30), and you'll need a heatsink ($20), a fan/splash shield/hanging kit ($23), and a power supply for the fan ($10). I think that's all that is missing.

It's the dimmable kit I was looking at, and I'm going to make my own thing to make it look nicer & to hang from an arm. So I should get the 12 LEDs kid... I want the corals to pop like candy, so I dont know for sure ... do I need purple in there?

jedimasterben

It's the dimmable kit I was looking at, and I'm going to make my own thing to make it look nicer & to hang from an arm. So I should get the 12 LEDs kid... I want the corals to pop like candy, so I dont know for sure ... do I need purple in there?

There are no purple LEDs.

The dimmable kit is incomplete like I said above.

Deleted User 3

That montipora looks really pale.

It just got over serious issues.. the photos do suck, it's more of a ... 'coral' color.. lol! it was all white white with no polyps basically.. and then after dipping in peroxide twice, it's got all it's polyps out (all frags do) and the color isn't ghost white anymore.

There are no purple LEDs.

The dimmable kit is incomplete like I said above.

Well then #### it i'm going 4 bulb. I'm done with this BS LED shit.

Deleted User 3

Ha ha, thanks. Water usually is clear, it's the glass that is dirty, scraped off all the green coraline type shit before the photos. My fishies have coral burns lol... silly things. Thanks Kat <3

Archived