Coral Vue Hydros

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

That's okay, not much news here really. Trying to keep the monti algae free, fricken tap water >< Wish i could change it but I cant, atleast it's opening somewhat everyday mostly! & alright you better, i'll hold ya to it :)

That's okay, not much news here really. Trying to keep the monti algae free, fricken tap water >< Wish i could change it but I cant, atleast it's opening somewhat everyday mostly! & alright you better, i'll hold ya to it :)

awww

Deleted User 3

Yeah, it's covered in the diatoms my tank gets from the tap water. I blow it off and poor lil guy is opening a tad in spots, so it's trying. :( Santa didn't bring me my rodi unit or my kitchen aid mixer lol!

Deleted User 3

If its ten bucks i could buy it, ha ha! Otherwise i was depending on santa, dang nabit. Lol i told everyone i knew i need a rodi plllzzzz_, but nooo.

Yeah, it's covered in the diatoms my tank gets from the tap water. I blow it off and poor lil guy is opening a tad in spots, so it's trying. :( Santa didn't bring me my rodi unit or my kitchen aid mixer lol!

I am sure he'll be around with it all and more ... he may have run out of gas :-)

Guess like the big delivery service he is having trouble getting to everyone on time :-)

Belated Merry Christmas and Early Happy New Year

Tulip, do you have any phosphate remover ?

Deleted User 3

Nope, i had cpe but its gone now. its cuz of my occasional tap water use. Ben said to get gfo not cpe, forget why. They both remove phos and silicates, but itll have to wait a while.

Deleted User 3

Watching one of the clown fish host the zoas i have on the right side of the tank, sand bed... no wonder why they have black spots all over, and now i know where they're getting it from, the palys in the middle and the zoas on the side.. lol

169278_447901591926070_1681767393_o.jpg

412130_447903928592503_233843953_o.jpgI upped the contrast a bit, makes the colors more noticeable.

Deleted User 3

148434_434172649965631_1289376308_n.jpgMy crappy clownfish photo.. I drew it with gel pens so don't be a meanie! The photo above is also the photo i used for reference. lol. 735126_450104178372478_1642904377_n.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome photos!!!! Love what you did to the colors!!!!! That clownfish drawing is fantastic too!!!! My gift from my son, for Christmas, was a clownfish painting :wub: I can't wait to frame it and put it up on the wall :)

• Like 1

Wow!!!! That's fast!!! He did mine with watercolors. He even put coral in the background. He wanted to go to the mall and buy me something for Christmas. I told him I'd much rather have a painting or drawing. Something I can keep forever. I have many of his drawings and paintings throughout the house. They are the best!!!! You should frame yours ;)

Deleted User 3

Aww, you should put a pic of it on ur thread! Or link me to it if you did already, or is it on fb?

Not gonna frame mine haha. It's not good enough for me to show off to family :P

*Edit: Misspelled something, whoops!

Deleted User 3

533765_450370991679130_1669803962_n.jpgDude's got a tiny starfish on his shell lol! Yanno, Thing 1 hasn't molted more than once...MAYBE twice... This guy (thing 2) is like twice his size or more from all the molting.. ?What is going on here?

545273_450370881679141_340449196_n.jpgI just noticed the shell he chose (he alternates between two very very similar but different colored ones) makes him look like a dino. lol

• Like 1

Aww, you should put a pic of it on ur thread! Or link me to it if you did already, or is it on fb?

Not gonna frame mine haha. It's not good enough for me to show off to family :P

*Edit: Misspelled something, whoops!

After I get it framed and hung I'll snap a photo of it. I want to hang it by my tank, just have to find the perfect spot for it :)

Love the baby starfish on the crab!!!!!

Deleted User 3

So, I'm still up... which is odd for me, but i didnt feel tired til right now, but I am making a *Dream tank* list on here, because I can. lol it's not like a if i had a million dollars tank, it's the one I plan on doing further into life, once I build a house, which could be 40 years from now, but still.

Would have displaying through a wall into the living room of said future house.

220 gallon display plumbed into

100 gallon sump

I would make my own strong stand, stain it a deep dark mahogany, with a way to hide all power cords, no canopy, hang the lighting from ceiling, or make arms into back of stand to hang lights.

I would have re: display; DIY LED's, apex, mp10's or mp40's, would probably buy again reef saver rock from BRS and see with my current rock. I would keep my 3 fish, and would get a green clown goby since with Boo in there, the tank is big enough hopefully to prevent fighting and I love gobies. A school of chromis or anthias, and thats all I can think of off hand i know I want more but i'll look into it more at that time lol. I also want as many pretty zoa's and mushrooms/rics as I can get that are in my color scheme (blue, purple, pink) and get rid of the whammins and the eagle eyes, would like to have a mille or two, and hammer and anemome. Get some shrimp, and some urchins and cool CUC.

Sump would like to do a fuge/sump, make it a macro garden! With skimmer. Simple type, light with simple cheap-ish light also.

Tada. That is all. lol.

• Like 2

A 220 with enough rock would have plenty of space for several pairs of gobies. KG has a 90 gallon and at one time had 5 gobies living with 2 pistols in the same burrow. He even has videos of it.

A 100g sump? What for?

Its nice to have a dream tank, I like it a lot.

Archived