SaltCritters.com

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

Deleted User 3

Don't trash the poor coral. At least hold it tell you can give it to some one in the spring.

What do you need to put in the car if you don't mind me asking. If its not to hard it could be something you could do your self with a book and a wench.

If you can explain the laptop issues I might be able to help with them. Fairly good with them. (Send me a PM if you want.)

If you got a local walmart you could check if they have an RODI unit. Most of them here do. 37 cents a gallon and department of health watches the machines for quality, supposidly at least.

First they would wait a few years before they nailed you to the wall. That way they could really give you the fines.

Give it to who?! lol. No one wants this beast locally, cuz it is easily fraggable. The guy who gave it to me chucked his cuz he's fragged it like 102890398 times and just got po'd :P

Also, CV Axle, Ball Joint & Realignment, and no i cannot put them in myself. Even if i could, it's like 5 degrees right now and i dont have a garage. lol Also, no thanks i know what they are, and fixed them but i have to fix them every like 3 months.

They have a RO unit, not roDI and its crap, i buy the distilled when I can but usually i wait til I really need to top off and it's 3 gallons right there, lol.PLus ive tested that water, 10ppm nitrates, and like 1ppm nitrite I think.

Tulip, can you take the coral back to the store for credit maybe?

Too bad I didn't get it from a store :P A long long time ago when i started my tank, Matt from my local reef club gave it to me, and then it fragged, and i kept one frag and gave the other to someone else, and then later matt gave me another frag, which ive accidentally fragged prob 8 times since ive had it lol. prob was october? when i got it? It was free.. no one here wants it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

I wish i could sell it. I want like a torch coral frag in place, since my clowns host the palys now.... >< I'll contact you in spring if it's still alive lol.

Deleted User 3

Don't know if i shared this with anyone yet..

Snail meeting.. 286100_458052520910977_869685232_o.jpgsorry about the shitty resolution

843929_464972896885606_244592933_o.jpgQue esta? It looks like a limpet. Hard shell, found it on the dry part of the inside of the tank where the water level went down... never seen one before in the tank.

550167_464972920218937_821028052_n.jpgWheres waldo (boo) ?

812635_464972936885602_1911221647_o.jpgHere she is... lol! I had the filter out, only the ph's going in the tank cuz I was cleaning the filter, and she was originally like at the top top of the waterline in the corner.. i scared her and she went there. Yes my tank is cloudy, since I haven't w/c in such a long time because of my lack of proper water i put in some purple up to bring some calcium back in and junk, not often at all, but did today. Hoping to help the montis recover. Just bathed them in h2o2 and h2o so we'll see. Stupid 2 rocks in the middle of my rock pile aren't going the way they did before and it's pissing me off.. going to have to look @ pics and rearrange them to try to get them back to 'normal'. OH... Apparently i'm getting too close to 'home' for new Guy as he likes to bite me now when im in the tank, i notice it's usually only when im within a certain radius of either the palys they host, or their little hole by the palys.

• Like 1

Give it to who?! lol. No one wants this beast locally, cuz it is easily fraggable. The guy who gave it to me chucked his cuz he's fragged it like 102890398 times and just got po'd :P

Also, CV Axle, Ball Joint & Realignment, and no i cannot put them in myself. Even if i could, it's like 5 degrees right now and i dont have a garage. lol Also, no thanks i know what they are, and fixed them but i have to fix them every like 3 months.

They have a RO unit, not roDI and its crap, i buy the distilled when I can but usually i wait til I really need to top off and it's 3 gallons right there, lol.PLus ive tested that water, 10ppm nitrates, and like 1ppm nitrite I think.

Too bad I didn't get it from a store :P A long long time ago when i started my tank, Matt from my local reef club gave it to me, and then it fragged, and i kept one frag and gave the other to someone else, and then later matt gave me another frag, which ive accidentally fragged prob 8 times since ive had it lol. prob was october? when i got it? It was free.. no one here wants it.

Hum odd all the ones here are DI too.

CV axles are not to bad if you need to replace the whole axel. I tore out both of mine last month to replace the clutch. (I deffinatly understand the cold issue it was hell in the driveway a few days. I didn't know you could lose thta much feeling that fast...)

Alignments are not to bad either depending on the vechicle you have. Some are as easy as turning a few bolts to put shims under them.

My clown Goby also likes to sit on the power head. Goof ball.

• Like 1
Deleted User 3

Hum odd all the ones here are DI too.

CV axles are not to bad if you need to replace the whole axel. I tore out both of mine last month to replace the clutch. (I deffinatly understand the cold issue it was hell in the driveway a few days. I didn't know you could lose thta much feeling that fast...)

Alignments are not to bad either depending on the vechicle you have. Some are as easy as turning a few bolts to put shims under them.

Yeah, with my car it's like an entire days work to replace it.. so.. Also wherever i park in my parking lot has like 2 feet of snow lol.. I don't think im going to be out there.. trying to do this. It's a car, not a computer. Thats my life I'm messing with essentially. Rather trust someone who does it all the time.. but thanks....and i need the parts in, new tires and THEN an alignment which is like 60 bucks aint too bad but when you have to do all the afore mentioned..

I understad the snow. If you don't feel safe doing something like this then don't. I just am one of those people who is slightly crazy and can't stand the price shops charge me. So I do it my self with the repair manual laying next to me the whole time.

Shop around online for the replacement CV/axle, MUCH cheaper then going to the parts store. Though places like Autozone do offer life time replacments on parts you buy from them. So if you plan on haveing the car for ever it is probably worth the extra price so you don't have to ever buy the part again.

Deleted User 3

No, need to get them put in is what i said... I quoted my original post for you

i really NEED to fix my car (have 2 parts to put in, so gotta find someone for that for free atm

Yeah about the time I posted the last statment I remembered that you had said that. Oh well I have slept since yesterday. And crammed way more about turbo-prop engines into my skull then I ever cared to know.

Good luck finding someone to do it for free.

Deleted User 3

Lol! Also, the guy who put the other parts in did those for free and would do these but he is booked beyond belief, the only way I could get it done is if i left it there for a while for him to get to, which I can't do.

Deleted User 3

Almost tank disaster...cleaned the filter because it was dirty.. didnt put the part the propeller goes into that also has the power cord on it in roght..about a gal, gal n a half on my floor over a two or three hr time period.. it was everywhere because of the stand... Thankfully caught it because i tank spied for the first time in a while. Good grief. And i have a fever on top of this all i think. Were all good now tho. Floor will dry..thank god for first level concrete flooring...

jedimasterben

Snail meeting.. 286100_458052520910977_869685232_o.jpg

Q4 sales just blew right past predictions! Good job everyone!

• Like 3

This one just involved air & water, but I did hear talk about me... bastards...

:lol:

Cute pic! I hope they aren't conspiring against you :scarry: Quick...do a water change!!!!! :D

• Like 1

Snail meeting.. 286100_458052520910977_869685232_o.jpgsorry about the shitty resolution

Are they trying to get out of your tank all in unison ? That would be the day ... I used to find one of mine out of the tank from time to time but lately not a single one has gone exploring the carpet .... Not sure why ... I still look though as the ones that try are the intertidal ones and they might get that "urge" again ... : - )

• Like 1

Are they trying to get out of your tank all in unison ? That would be the day ... I used to find one of mine out of the tank from time to time but lately not a single one has gone exploring the carpet .... Not sure why ... I still look though as the ones that try are the intertidal ones and they might get that "urge" again ... : - )

I have that same problem, two of them have died because they got up out of the water onto the cover of my over flow box and apperently couldn't figure out how to get down.

• Like 1

I have that same problem, two of them have died because they got up out of the water onto the cover of my over flow box and apperently couldn't figure out how to get down.

The large ones like the Nerite cannot turn themselves around to get a grip again ... you need to turn them over yourself. The Ceriths however can but the large ones cannot unfortunately.

Note though that for them to die they have to be out of the water for quite some time as they can keep moisture inside when they close their operculum which seals them in but ... that will only last for some hours so you have to catch it in a timely manner.

I have found some though that may have been out of the tank for quite a number of hours but they were still full of moisture so when I put them back in the tank they were fine.

jedimasterben

I found one that had escaped my old tank and was out for... I think two weeks? I pried him from the wall he was on and he was still alive!

• Like 1

I sat these back down on the rock work so that they could crawl away. No dice they just stayed in the spot forever. Eventually the shell was empty and got blown off by the power head and just sat on the sand. On second thought one of them may have recovered I haven't seen the shell. *going to go check* Ok so that one apperently lived the shell is gone. It sat there for at least a day before it moved...

Deleted User 3

Yeah, Ive had some out of the tank, tossed them in. Only two were dead out of the ones i kept throwin back in, I knew because they didn't move for days and then the hermits found them tasty, which they only do when something is dead, so. Its hard to check back where they go lol

Archived