Top Shelf Aquatics

The Frag Farmer....

FlCandy

no, no it makes total sense.

a newb ordering from a whole-saler multiple times

the key is to just not question it

I am new to the hobby, my best friend is not. Now he got me into it and he brought me to the Frights and Frags show to buy corals for the tank he set up for me and I met Russ there. Now I have been in the hobby for a little less than a year which I count as new, but I can still tell you how to run a darn good system. And his zoas pop like CRAZY in my tank! I am really not lying. And my age has nothing to do with my opinion. I never said I knew it all. I just had an opinion and I felt like sharing it. Evidently people on forums can't take any advice and become nothing but defensive and in that defensive mode feel like they have the right to attack those that question them. The fact is that I may be 21, but I can detect immaturity from a mile away. I feel like forums should be a place where people can go to express opinion. If you are going to argue with the point I initially made argue it with logic, not insults. I want to hear logically why dealing with Russ would be a bad idea because he went off on one customer. I do NOT want to hear that it is the principle of the thing. Are you afraid he is going to put you down? Because he probably only did that to this person because he was fed up. IDK what they said to him but I guarantee it was more verbally abusive than anything he said to them. Therefore, it isn't fair to put all the blame on Russ even if he is the business owner. I think people should make their own decisions about Russ by making their own experiences. That is all I was trying to say, and if you disagree that is fine with me. I am not going to put you down for your sex or age, because to me those things do not matter. If you want to argue me do not nit pick my post with every little thing I said. Then you are just the Heather in High School. It is manipulative and it does not post a legitimate argument. Answer with a logical and thought out response and I will hear you out. Not that what I think maters anyways. :P lol

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bub I think Russ is a bad buisness man. I am going off multiple threads and post from the past. Sounds to me like you meet him at a frag show 1 time and think he is great. Which is fine to think that but when he takes advantage of reefers from this site long before you ever got into the hobby do not let your butt hurt when people say bad thing about frag farmer as a business ran by a complete idiot. Thanks have a great great day.

I am new to the hobby, my best friend is not. Now he got me into it and he brought me to the Frights and Frags show to buy corals for the tank he set up for me and I met Russ there. Now I have been in the hobby for a little less than a year which I count as new, but I can still tell you how to run a darn good system. And his zoas pop like CRAZY in my tank! I am really not lying. And my age has nothing to do with my opinion. I never said I knew it all. I just had an opinion and I felt like sharing it. Evidently people on forums can't take any advice and become nothing but defensive and in that defensive mode feel like they have the right to attack those that question them. The fact is that I may be 21, but I can detect immaturity from a mile away. I feel like forums should be a place where people can go to express opinion. If you are going to argue with the point I initially made argue it with logic, not insults. I want to hear logically why dealing with Russ would be a bad idea because he went off on one customer. I do NOT want to hear that it is the principle of the thing. Are you afraid he is going to put you down? Because he probably only did that to this person because he was fed up. IDK what they said to him but I guarantee it was more verbally abusive than anything he said to them. Therefore, it isn't fair to put all the blame on Russ even if he is the business owner. I think people should make their own decisions about Russ by making their own experiences. That is all I was trying to say, and if you disagree that is fine with me. I am not going to put you down for your sex or age, because to me those things do not matter. If you want to argue me do not nit pick my post with every little thing I said. Then you are just the Heather in High School. It is manipulative and it does not post a legitimate argument. Answer with a logical and thought out response and I will hear you out. Not that what I think maters anyways. :P lol

ok ill bite

why are you so apt to defending some dude you met once?

fact is russ was a HUGE a-hole to a customer at leastonce, documented in full glory

and as you have seen that's enough to persuade a significant amount of people to not by from him. whether you think that's fair or not is arbitrary to the matter. the more you try to defend the situation the more you end up exacerbating it

if you really wanted to help him out id just stop the pride-parade with posting here and cut my losses

(also high five to myself with unintended pun with 'pride-parade' to our new lesbian-reefer friend :lol:)

My name is Rachael ****** and you can find me on Facebook. I am a 21 year old woman and not connected to Russ in any way shape or form. I just have ideas and views on the way people treat each other and am not afraid to share them. I am not a kiss ass and I do not work for him. Truthfully I am even new to the hobby. So I do not want people thinking this is Russ and giving him any more #### because of what i wrote.

Also the fact is that Im not saying that you shouldnt listen to a vast amount of people saying they found a scam. I am saying that piling on one man's experience and using ONE experience to ruin your view of another person is wrong. The fact is that no one here knows the WHOLE story of what happened. I dont even know the whole story. I'm just saying that people need to step back and realize that one bad experience or a few bad experiences among many great ones should not be enough to ruin someone. I am not attempting to light a fire, just put an unnecessary one out.

You mean you that chick engaged to him? Rachel Harding?

So many contradictions. Paraphrased" a forum is a place to express opinions and no one should argue them. " yet that Is what you did. If you read all of this, more than just the op stated that he is an ashole. We should learn from each other, I for one do not like being made to look like a fool, and everyone else's reports on this guy made me come to my own conclusion that I would not want to deal with Russ.

On the contrary, I heard more times that TFf has good corals more than I heard that they have poor corals. If they got rid of Russ, I woul be obliged to look into a purchase from them.

On the contrary, I heard more times that TFf has good corals more than I heard that they have poor corals. If they got rid of Russ, I woul be obliged to look into a purchase from them.

It's the same thing for local LFS. I will gladly pay more $$ for something I can get cheaper as long as I'm treated right.

It's the same thing for local LFS. I will gladly pay more $$ for something I can get cheaper as long as I'm treated right.

+1

sometimes mom and pop stores are more expensive but you go there because of the customer service. the people are (usually) genuine and care about your needs.

they dont tell you to go **** yourself and die because you DARED to order a clam.

So many contradictions. Paraphrased" a forum is a place to express opinions and no one should argue them. " yet that Is what you did. If you read all of this, more than just the op stated that he is an ashole. We should learn from each other, I for one do not like being made to look like a fool, and everyone else's reports on this guy made me come to my own conclusion that I would not want to deal with Russ.

Your paraphrasing is false wording. I said people can argue (and I think they SHOULD argue) just with logic and not insults. I was not saying no one should argue at all! I feel a forum is a place where people can share knowledge and opinions and if people are going to respond it should be with legitimate arguments. You had a legitimate argument, while many others didn't.

Wow... someone call tinkerbell and let her know we found a missing fairy

BAHAHAHA

Your paraphrasing is false wording. I said people can argue (and I think they SHOULD argue) just with logic and not insults. I was not saying no one should argue at all! I feel a forum is a place where people can share knowledge and opinions and if people are going to respond it should be with legitimate arguments. You had a legitimate argument, while many others didn't.

well you picked the right place for arguing about crap then

a plethora of logic and insults alike to be had here

but honestly no one has had a bad argument here. i dont understand why you persist.

it's as simple as this:

russ is a jerk--->people apparently dont like jerks--->people say he's a jerk and wont buy from him.

i havent heard any other arguments than that.

My name is Heather.

Im sorry :( I was refering to the movie Heathers haha No offense to you.

well you picked the right place for arguing about crap then

a plethora of logic and insults alike to be had here

but honestly no one has had a bad argument here. i dont understand why you persist.

it's as simple as this:

russ is a jerk--->people apparently dont like jerks--->people say he's a jerk and wont buy from him.

i havent heard any other arguments than that.

I understand what you are saying but it was the logic behind WHY Russ is a jerk I was having a problem with. I couldn't find any instances in the thread where people personally had bad experiences with Russ or any kind of experience like the clam guy. I just saw everyone attacking a business because of what happened in one instance. I agree that it was very unprofessional but I was attempting to point out that the guy never put what he wrote to Russ, only how he responded. I didn't see people responding with "Oh yeah and he was a jackas to me too!" I just saw people responding that because of that ONE instance Russ was a terrible person. I don't think he is a jerk but I do not know him well enough to tell to be honest. I just saw it as frustrating that one mistake could completely ruin someone's reputation.

I understand what you are saying but it was the logic behind WHY Russ is a jerk I was having a problem with.

:eek:

seriously? you have to be kidding me. like honestly?

d-1.jpg

I couldn't find any instances in the thread where people personally had bad experiences with Russ or any kind of experience like the clam guy

you clearly didnt read the thread then. and no, i will not go back and find it for you.

I just saw people responding that because of that ONE instance Russ was a terrible person.

correct. it's all it takes.

well, with a reaction like that anyway

In all seriousness. I don't think we ruined his whole reputation by having this talk.

I was his biggest promoter on this site and told everyone about him. It was just not right is all we are saying

reasons why its not our fault

1. he is doing this to himself

2 not everyone in the world is gonna read this

3 we aren't making this stuff up

4 he does it all the time

5 they don't seem to care that he badmouths customers

6 people are still gonna buy from him cause the sweet deals and they dont care bout this

so many of his rants have gone 50 comments deep and were deleted

I checked them everyday and have seen about 10 rants just like this one

If you ever saw the one that he badmouthed a guy name hector... than you would think that this last rant was nothing

gulfsurfer101

The doushe is an *sshole and so are you if you think differently than my correct opinion and that should be the end of this argument.

so many of his rants have gone 50 comments deep and were deleted

I checked them everyday and have seen about 10 rants just like this one

If you ever saw the one that he badmouthed a guy name hector... than you would think that this last rant was nothing

wow with nearly 3000 friends you would think he wouldnt be that much of an idiot. i cant believe the co-owner doesnt straighten his ass out or kick him to the curb

Archived