ReefCleaners.org

The Frag Farmer....

FlCandy

phi delt reefer

wtf...

i never knew the milk bag thing was exclusive to Canada.

its cheaper than the cartons and easier to pour. It does taste better out of the bag - i think the wax layer in the cartons must impact the taste. I got two kids under 4 so we go through several of those bags in a week. Each bag contains three smaller bags of milk which we put into a jug, cut the corner and pour.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$500 shipped. I thought they were a good deal at 4.50/ric, until the mouths dissolved within a matter of days, and they looked like a shrivelled pile of crap.. so from what survived, turned out to be $12.50 ea.

The other shady practice.. he was going to sell me live rock for about $2 a lb freshly ripped right out of the keys.. I just had to come pick it up the same day as he couldn't keep it in the store.

Under the table is right. I tried to practice legit business practices. When I asked for a receipt all I got was chicken scratch on a piece of notebook paper.

I've got other dirt on him, but not sure I wanna go down that road.

I dont see how this excuses any behavior on the part of "FF" though

Who cares how the OP acted. Even if she was being the biggest ***** in the world a business should NEVER behave like that. Ever.

Or anybody really, but that's just my opinion I guess...

+1

I've bought over $1500 on one order from then before, I just call tell them what I want, they've got my credit cardinfo on file I get my boxes that same day. Alot of you guys forget that tff is now a wholesale business. Granted while Russ shouldn't have bashed you like that, an order that small is a lot if work when you keep with going with all the back and fourth especially when you don't have the cash upfront to buy what you want anyways. I've had good luck that I've has less than 1% loss on my orders.

Exactly. That's why we had a group club order put together through one person who has an account with them. She just had to call the order in...and it was done. No problems after that.

You know i am glad that the guy who got the clam posted because I have ordered from Russ many times and I have never had a problem. The fact is that he may have a bit of a temper sometimes (and I'm sure he wouldn't disagree) but he was just getting to the end of his rope dealing with a rude and pretty pathetic customer. I'm sorry but a lawsuit because he said he would make you eat a clam? haha Personally, I would love to eat a couple clams right now! ;) You wanna know what I find interesting? This guy posted all of Russell's RESPONSES but not what he was responding to! If I had to guess, what he had to say to the Frag Farmer was way worse than the response. Something pushed Russ over the edge, and all though it was a bit unprofessional there is no reason to not order from him for it. It is his company and he can respond the way he pleases. There are so many customers at my workplace I would LOVE to call *@()*#)( and tell them to shove it! Because when you get little *itches like this guy, it takes all your energy not to go over the edge. ITS A CLAM FOR GOD'S SAKE! I want to let everyone know that if you pay them the respect they deserve you will get it back. I ask them questions all the time (even stupid ones!) and they respond quickly and nicely. They always have given me good advice and even gotten me good deals from other people. Russ is not an a**hole. Not in general anyways. If anyone attended the Frights and Frags convention and saw what they did there and got to meet them and talk to them you would realize this. The fact that people are so pretentious and go off of what others say in making a decision makes me sad for the world. Make your own experiences! Do NOT just take one little whiny snotty boy's word for things. Get him a tissue and move on. The lesson of the day is that if you don't show you respect you won't receive it in return. When it all comes down to it, this man is just a little rich boy crying because he didn't get what he wanted, and everyone knows little rich boys have to get EVERYTHING they want. Stop making judgements based on others or else you will miss out on some of the greater things on life. You can disagree and many will, but the fact is that I am tired of business being run by people who have to constantly kiss a** just to get a good rep. Be kind to those that are there to help you. And that's my speech for the day. BTW I joined this forum solely to respond to this thread because it made me so angry. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!! :)

^^^

joined 20 some odd minutes ago

also the 'buyer' joined just to post that. not saying anything is overtly obvious here

but i mean...

:)

also fyi you were dealing with a woman. not a man.

oh, i meant 'he was dealing with a woman' :rolleyes:

You know i am glad that the guy who got the clam posted because I have ordered from Russ many times and I have never had a problem. The fact is that he may have a bit of a temper sometimes (and I'm sure he wouldn't disagree) but he was just getting to the end of his rope dealing with a rude and pretty pathetic customer. I'm sorry but a lawsuit because he said he would make you eat a clam? haha Personally, I would love to eat a couple clams right now! ;) You wanna know what I find interesting? This guy posted all of Russell's RESPONSES but not what he was responding to! If I had to guess, what he had to say to the Frag Farmer was way worse than the response. Something pushed Russ over the edge, and all though it was a bit unprofessional there is no reason to not order from him for it. It is his company and he can respond the way he pleases. There are so many customers at my workplace I would LOVE to call *@()*#)( and tell them to shove it! Because when you get little *itches like this guy, it takes all your energy not to go over the edge. ITS A CLAM FOR GOD'S SAKE! I want to let everyone know that if you pay them the respect they deserve you will get it back. I ask them questions all the time (even stupid ones!) and they respond quickly and nicely. They always have given me good advice and even gotten me good deals from other people. Russ is not an a**hole. Not in general anyways. If anyone attended the Frights and Frags convention and saw what they did there and got to meet them and talk to them you would realize this. The fact that people are so pretentious and go off of what others say in making a decision makes me sad for the world. Make your own experiences! Do NOT just take one little whiny snotty boy's word for things. Get him a tissue and move on. The lesson of the day is that if you don't show you respect you won't receive it in return. When it all comes down to it, this man is just a little rich boy crying because he didn't get what he wanted, and everyone knows little rich boys have to get EVERYTHING they want. Stop making judgements based on others or else you will miss out on some of the greater things on life. You can disagree and many will, but the fact is that I am tired of business being run by people who have to constantly kiss a** just to get a good rep. Be kind to those that are there to help you. And that's my speech for the day. BTW I joined this forum solely to respond to this thread because it made me so angry. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!! :)

lol qft

i just cant get over how douchey and how obviously 'russ' this is.

Well after reading all 9 pages of comments and such I will safely safe that TFF lost a future customer as well as many of the people that live in my area.

No business should be posting something slanderous about a customer whether it's true or not on any site, or any type of media, nor should that business be sending threatening or abusive emails to the customer. Anyone that says that a business doesn't have to show respect to a customer till that customer has earned it hasn't been in business or hasn't worked in a business for a long enough time to realize you always show respect to the customer, even when he is being a prick to your face.

If Russ didn't want to do business with you he should have politely said he didn't want to, but now because of his screw up he has lost many more customers than he would have if he did it politely.

The fact that people are so pretentious and go off of what others say in making a decision makes me sad for the world. Make your own experiences! Do NOT just take one little whiny snotty boy's word for things. Get him a tissue and move on. The lesson of the day is that if you don't show you respect you won't receive it in return. When it all comes down to it, this man is just a little rich boy crying because he didn't get what he wanted, and everyone knows little rich boys have to get EVERYTHING they want. Stop making judgements based on others or else you will miss out on some of the greater things on life.

You have some seriously messed up ideas. If we didn't take other peoples experiences we would be open to all the scams that would be put in front of our face everyday. By your reckoning it would be fine and dandy for someone like me to not take any ones advice and actually order from a company like aquacon or some other company like that.

lol qft

i just cant get over how douchey and how obviously 'russ' this is.

My name is Rachael ****** and you can find me on Facebook. I am a 21 year old woman and not connected to Russ in any way shape or form. I just have ideas and views on the way people treat each other and am not afraid to share them. I am not a kiss ass and I do not work for him. Truthfully I am even new to the hobby. So I do not want people thinking this is Russ and giving him any more #### because of what i wrote.

Also the fact is that Im not saying that you shouldnt listen to a vast amount of people saying they found a scam. I am saying that piling on one man's experience and using ONE experience to ruin your view of another person is wrong. The fact is that no one here knows the WHOLE story of what happened. I dont even know the whole story. I'm just saying that people need to step back and realize that one bad experience or a few bad experiences among many great ones should not be enough to ruin someone. I am not attempting to light a fire, just put an unnecessary one out.

I understand what your getting at on the one person's experience but when someone posts the "owner" of the company bad mouthing the person on a social media site, it kinda lends support to the one person. Then when even more people come on to the page with similar experiences it lends even more support to the first person's experience.

My name is Rachel Perez and you can find me on Facebook. I am a 21 year old woman
haha Personally, I would love to eat a couple clams right now! ;)

i was always a big fan of the prominent and proud lesbian reefing community

props!

quite defiant and loyal for a newb who doesnt even know this man Russ. double props!

i was always a big fan of the prominent and proud lesbian reefing community

props!

Ooh yeah.. me and my girlfriends dress up in our cheerleader uniforms and have pillow fights ALL the time :/

Why is it a big deal I joined to post my side of the story? I don't have a nano-reef, so I don't come to this forum (although I used to...no idea what my screenname was back then.) I heard about this thread, and I thought there was more to the story than what the OP said. I really don't like it when people cause drama just to cause drama and bash a place based on no personal experiences. (For those of you with personal experiences, that doesn't apply to you.)

I understand what your getting at on the one person's experience but when someone posts the "owner" of the company bad mouthing the person on a social media site, it kinda lends support to the one person. Then when even more people come on to the page with similar experiences it lends even more support to the first person's experience.

^^^^^^

Ooh yeah.. me and my girlfriends dress up in our cheerleader uniforms and have pillow fights ALL the time :/

It'd be better if you had jell-o wrestling matches instead of pillow fights...

My .02, if i was the OP i would be upset about this "Russ" guys attitude, not that i didnt get the clam. Like others have said, other clams will become available. I'm sure everyone has become upset at people before, some have shorter fuses then other (myself being one of them) but i would never get on Facebook and lash out at a customer and put them down if I ran a business...

LMAO, I'm glad I noticed this thread... I'm siding with the OP. for those "new guys who just joined...just to post here" GTFO, you're story reeks, OP has established themselves in this community and has friends here. I personally was able to STOP my local club from doing a group buy with these guys by just FORWARDING this thread link to our site. I posted nothing else. seems that an entire COMMUNITY of people made a decision based on what they read...you two have fun ordering from you're buddy, since you're new you'll get burned eventually and when it does just look in a mirror for the person to blame. Seems to me that you're the one doing the whining and crying, - > here's that tissue you wanted.

@ ReefdUp if you just posted to give you're side of the story you wouldn't of given you're PERSONAL opinions of the OP (rich kid, whiney, needs a tissue) seriously??? go back to you're day job and supersize my fries....

people like this need to have their brains monkey stomped out their @$$...

there, I said my peace...now Sod off...

Archived