Coral Vue Hydros

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

Haven't posted in a while. Tank is doing great...BUT... While I was cleaning today I noticed that the stand is bowing from water damage! Not good. Seems dry right now. Must have happened a couple of water changes ago. Not sure what I want to do. Gonna try and get some pics up today.

Also I had to turn the vega's whites down a bit. Was causing color loss in a couple corals. I'll post my settings when I get some pics up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh snap! What is the game plan?

Oh man I don't know. It's only on the bottom. Stand is crap but I knew that so can't complain. I'll end up getting one to fit the 80 frag and wait to get the low iron 80. Most likely.

Dem nems!

Thx. Avatar is hilarious!

Excellent photo dump. Love those Montis!

Thanks man!

And no gallery comments on the bryopsis! :furious:

SouthFlorida_Tron

I got the oxides, gow, and red planet. All doing well but some of the oxides have been giving me a hard time and another polyp melted

I got the oxides, gow, and red planet. All doing well but some of the oxides have been giving me a hard time and another polyp melted

I'm interested to see how it goes. I've had a colony of purple deaths...not the most colorful...that have done well for a long time. They don't spread unless I feed them mysis whoch is odd. If u give each polyp of ur nuc greens one mysis twice a week they will grow like crazy. BUT I can't keep a dam zoanthid to save my life.

• 2 weeks later...

If any one knows any one who wants to buy my AQUA ILLUMINATION SOL WHITE WITH CONTROLLER lemme know. I don't expect so, but thought I'd post nonetheless.

Na I have the vega running now and the SOL collecting dust. Probably going to set up a larger tank for the kid and use the SOL, but wanted to see if there were any takers. I doubt it because unless its a planted freshwater or FOWLR no one is going to be interested.

Also, with this new addiction I've got going on I probably will not be upgrading anything in the tank any time soon. I DO need to clean things though! Maybe do that a whole day this week. I'm sure the skimmer could use it as well as the Mag3.

Gotcha! Scuba addiction huh? Any vaca's planned yet? Me and the gf are going to st.maarten in March... Can't wait for that

Well I'm calling it an addiction because whenever I start something that I really like I go all in. But used...lol.

As far as vacations nothing planned. I've been 'planning' a trip to dive at pennekamp stage park at key largo. Total 2 people is under $1k for three days 4 dives food and lodging. Pretty good deal considering te average price for charters these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.

Lost 2 chromis. While this is like loosing 2 socks...I still feel confused raise I've never lost a fish really an they were doing fine. Now the last remaining homie is lonely, but I think he likes it like that. Now with 2 less fish the cyano has all but stopped. SO I've been thinking about a fish restock. No idea what I want yet, but I was thinking about a shrimp/goby pair because I kinda miss that. But I would also like something that stays out in the open and flashes color. Not sure if I should try a wrasse in a shallow tank even with a top...

I'd really like to get a larger tank but I don't see that happening any time soon. I do have I get a new stand so I may get a larger stand as a plan for the next tank.

Lastly, with all the success of these CAD skimmer fan boys (u know who u are) I got real motivated and decided to either figure out tuning my reef octo, or ditch it. And.....I TUNED IT. Photos to come cause everyone likes to see poo in the morning!

• 4 weeks later...

Feels like I haven't posted here in a LONG time. Tanks still going. Not much changed. I skipped a couple water changes and things started to look weird. Not bad, just not good. So did a large one last week and everything's back to normal. Strange tho because I tested everything and got 0 so I wonder what the issue was. I'm assuming Calc because it had to be low...

Been thinking about a change, but can't decide on what or how. I'd like to do an eel but they seem to always escape and that's yuk so maybe not. Then was thinking about more LPS and softies for more movement. I'll probably end up doing that and just keep a couple sps to grow out. All aquarium spending has been placed on due to scuba toys and certifications. Loving it.

I'd post pics but they'd be the same so.

Feels like I haven't posted here in a LONG time. Tanks still going. Not much changed. I skipped a couple water changes and things started to look weird. Not bad, just not good. So did a large one last week and everything's back to normal. Strange tho because I tested everything and got 0 so I wonder what the issue was. I'm assuming Calc because it had to be low...

Been thinking about a change, but can't decide on what or how. I'd like to do an eel but they seem to always escape and that's yuk so maybe not. Then was thinking about more LPS and softies for more movement. I'll probably end up doing that and just keep a couple sps to grow out. All aquarium spending has been placed on due to scuba toys and certifications. Loving it.

I'd post pics but they'd be the same so.

I've always liked the idea of a monospecific tank, like softies/LPS with a school of blue damsels, or a clown/anemone tank. My next tank will probably have some kind of "theme" as such.

• 1 month later...

OK...new scape and 1 inhabitant! Hopefully it doesn't cycle because I stirred up some crap. Was pretty clean though. Pics tonight or tomorrow.

Archived