ReefCleaners.org

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

Crappy pics. I really like this scape. Might change a couple things but overall it looks good to me.

Need advice on flow. I don't really want to add equipment, but I'm open to suggestions. The split locline is really weak in terms of output. I could just get a larger pump. ? That might cut down on noise as well because when the overflow area has more water in it the drain is silent.

How can I get good flow on all sides?

null_zps7fd21114.jpgnull_zpsa424d074.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:huh:

We suggested a bigger return pump or more powerheads for flow... I also asked what pump you were using.

Lol really? Didn't see all that. I have a mag3 on there now. I really don't want to add any more pumps. Was thinking about some different fittings for the locline and maybe a mag5? I have a ball valve attached to the return line.

On another note, seems like I got the new carpet nem to stay where I put him! Now to get the clowns in there.

How's everything going?

Def get a stronger return. Almost certain that's why your tank has the gurgling noise.

Yeah it has to be that because when I add water to the display it stops.

I'm good man. Getting back into aquarium tinkering through the winter while I study Rescue Diver material until March. Then it's back in the water. If we don't go back to Europe this year I'm going to either the phillipines or Taiwan or something. How's the new job?

jedimasterben

Lol really? Didn't see all that. I have a mag3 on there now. I really don't want to add any more pumps. Was thinking about some different fittings for the locline and maybe a mag5? I have a ball valve attached to the return line.

No worries man :)

A Mag5 will give you around another 100GPH. That won't really do a whole lot, IMHO, especially when compared to the powerheads we add that are usually in the 400-700GPH range. I think you should go with a Mag7 and use the ball valve to tune the flow where you want it if full open is too much. But, that being said, you'll be pushing a lot more water through your sump, so it may increase noise.

Two mp10s I concur

One on left glass, one on back glass

DUDE! Ok, but ur buying.

If I increase the return flow I wouldn't need another MP10 I think.

jedimasterben

DUDE! Ok, but ur buying. If I increase the return flow I wouldn't need another MP10 I think.

Return flow usually doesn't make a whole lot of difference to be honest. You can try it, but the biggest impact it's going to make is flow through your sump IMHO.

Return flow usually doesn't make a whole lot of difference to be honest. You can try it, but the biggest impact it's going to make is flow through your sump IMHO.

Yeah I know. Idk man I don't have the $ for another mp right now so I guess everything will just have to get used to where it's at.

jedimasterben

What you can do, like I did with mine, is wait for a BITCHIN' deal on a blue box MP10 with bearing issues. I got it for $100 shipped. I replaced the bearings ($10) and could use it silently until I could get the wES driver ($85) to sync it up with my MP40wES.

For extra flow why not add the flow increaser for the output? I've read it can increase the speed the water is coming times 4

Are you talking about the piece that goes on the tip of the locline?

Hmm. Looks interesting. And kinda big. Idk. I think I'll keep it like this for a couple months and save up for another MP pump. The yellow leather is really the only thing that would go south based on its location and inadequate flow. So I'll just move it if I have to.

I'm really loving this scape. The way it's all positioned I can now look down on the water and it's like I'm looking through glass. That's originally why I got a shallow tank, but could never seem to get it this way. Plus I have quite a bit more open space on the rocks for coral.

Need I get a pack from reef cleaners of inverts and pods and some brittles.

Few unedited and super saturated weird looking early morning iphone camera pics. The purple in the sand is NOT cyano... I still have some here and there, but I did a blackout for a day and that cleared up quite a bit. Gonna do another one this week. I did get another bf of chemi pure elite. Not really sure if it does anything..maybe polish off the water. Gotta get some more DI resin.

I'm really enjoying this new scape and looking forward to adding a couple more frags. Picked up a BOP the other day that looks great for $15! Can't wait to see that grow in. I want another Duncan so that'll probably be next.

null_zps32d9b0f3.jpgnull_zps1127616e.jpg

Not sure what to name this thing yet. He was in the lfs for a few weeks and is eating like a champ. He attached to the place I made for him and has stayed there so he must be happy. Gotta get the clowns in there.

null_zps678a0362.jpg

I really like how the sps is now only on top, minus a couple caps. Will look awesome as they continue to grow in.

null_zpsb1632362.jpg

Archived