Top Shelf Aquatics

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

There are so many factors for growth and color. I've had pretty good growth from all the lights I've had so far. I've never run reactors so I notice the most growth when I do a water change. Recently I went with 5 gallons on Sunday and Wednesday. The vega hasn't been installed long enough to make a judgement on growth.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My view right now. With some Mount Gay Extra Old. That's rum for you jokers. Aaaahh summertime.

Now, to add the salt, corals and fish. GRAB YOUR GEAR!

null_zpsf1336148.jpg

Wifey and I are starting scuba class on te 16th!!! (F u Brad and your high scores! Passing's passing)

Well...green led worked until I touched the unit...then not. So ill be taking that apart tonight and switching the drivers.

Had problems equalizing my ears today, it's not painful but my right ear is still clogged.

Went to 12 feet in the pool today and passed the final written test. Boooooom

Little frustrated. Man so I took the light apart to test the green LED. Put it back together and its fine. But when I connect the controller for VEGA Wireless, it finds the light, but only controls 2 out of 4 pucks. All of them work in manual mode from the button on the light so I know its not the light itself. Gotta be something in the controller. I remember that when I initially set it up there was a weird issue that I 'figured' out.. But I've tried everything and can't get it. The other channels don't even show on the controller but I don't know why. DAMMIT.

Figured it out. Had to start from scratch and delete all settings, update firmware again (another new version...which apparently fixed this particular issue) and reconnect the devices. Since I forgot what my settings were I redid that as well.

As for te growth impact of the light: I think the corals are actually growing faster. Took a good look at everything today and I'm sure most have grown very noticeably in the last week. So ya that's awesome.

Now for some super saturated iPhone pics I snapped at sunup this morning. It's amazing the difference between the iPhone cam and the Sony cam with adjusted ISO. Pics were taken at different times, but still.

Everyone's awake

null_zps9de1e0a2.jpg

STS

null_zps06a441b5.jpg

Check out that Firetail!!

null_zpsdf40b84e.jpg

OMG no more pics man please....

null_zps17a3d8c0.jpg

Is there a fish missing, or did you just eat a Jolly Rancher?!

null_zps50c6d759.jpg

Nope, looks like they are all still there

null_zpse22169b6.jpg

Coral....

null_zps0382d0e9.jpg

Oh jeebus more pics?!

null_zps459424ad.jpg

'Oui. Ils ne s'arrêtent jamais.' .... 'Eh, em. Wi wi!'

null_zpsf7725e08.jpg

'ARE YOU DONE?!'

null_zps725b83da.jpg

Yeah, that's it!

Kfmmartin19
Figured it out. Had to start from scratch and delete all settings, update firmware again (another new version...which apparently fixed this particular issue) and reconnect the devices. Since I forgot what my settings were I redid that as well.

Now for some super saturated iPhone pics I snapped at sunup this morning. It's amazing the difference between the iPhone cam and the Sony cam with adjusted ISO. Pics were taken at different times, but still.

Everyone's awakenull_zps9de1e0a2.jpg

STS null_zps06a441b5.jpg

Check out that Firetail!!null_zpsdf40b84e.jpg

Very nice.

Love the Spiro quote in your sig lol

Very nice.

Thx. But u gotta wait until I'm done editing the post. There's always a noticeable conclusion. LOL! true though.

Haha glad you figured it out I was about to start chanting RADION RADION RADION! Lol... Nice pics dude! Mine always come out so damn blue... Gotta start editing them a bit

Oh yeah. Had to get permission for that one. Thankfully he said no, so I went ahead and did it anyway. ;)

Haha glad you figured it out I was about to start chanting RADION RADION RADION! Lol... Nice pics dude! Mine always come out so damn blue... Gotta start editing them a bit
Looking for the dislike button.
Oh yeah. Had to get permission for that one. Thankfully he said no, so I went ahead and did it anyway. ;)

Looking for the dislike button.

Haha! So I'm stepping up with water changes like you are doing, 5 gal on fri 5 on monday, and adding some mag to Mondays mix, gotta keep the mag up to kill off the algae

I really need to get some testing kits. Especially if I'm going to upgrade here pretty soon. I like Sunday and Wednesday. I feel like that spreads it out more for stability. I also need to get another order from reef(snailsatthesnailorgy)cleaners.(snail)org(y) ASAP.

What's the status of your reef savvy?

Reefcleaners ftw! Reef savvy is hiding at my dads lol if I brought it home to my condo the gf might flip lol. It's on stand by for now, I think we're gonna stay for another year then rent out my place and buy a house or town house next summer. So I may be setting it up over the summer when I make another stand and decide on a sump, I've got a bubble Magnus curve 5 and ehiem 1262 just waiting in boxes in my laundry room. Once I figure out the length of the stand ill plan out the sump. I'm in no rush though but defiantly can't wait to have a sump to hide all this equipment.

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. :)

It is always such a relief to finally fix something that had you stumped! Way to go!

Good to know you're seeing some growth. I am worried about this controller though.

Can't remember. Did you get it already? It's fine. Just takes a few visits to the support site and some trial an error. It's probably just me not following the directions....

Good to know you're seeing some growth. I am worried about this controller though.

I haven't had any issues with mine. I would just ensure you have the latest firmware and once you find one that works leave it unless they come up with something you really need in an update. For example I'm still running 2.08 since it's stable and I don't need anything that 2.09 or 2.14 provide.

I haven't had any issues with mine. I would just ensure you have the latest firmware and once you find one that works leave it unless they come up with something you really need in an update. For example I'm still running 2.08 since it's stable and I don't need anything that 2.09 or 2.14 provide.

That's what I thought too but I couldn't get it to reconnect until I got te new update. 2.14

Spirofucci

Glad you got the light problem solved!

BTW, I going to get a little more agressive at sucking tonight......

That's what I thought too but I couldn't get it to reconnect until I got te new update. 2.14

You also have a newer fixture than me, so that may be it. Since I'm doing the Nano which has been around for a while, I probably don't need the newest code. Though I usually do try and stay up to date on firmware for all my stuff as much as possible. B)

Glad you got the light problem solved!

BTW, I going to get a little more agressive at sucking tonight......

Whatever makes you happy man. It's your life. And don't let anyone tell you different.

Can't remember. Did you get it already? It's fine. Just takes a few visits to the support site and some trial an error. It's probably just me not following the directions....

I'm am impatiently waiting for it. Should be here Wednesday.

I've started noticing my maximas not expanding as much due to lack of light. I've been using my par38 off of my 7.5g tank to supplement that spot. Seems like it's working for now.

What what! Frag swap! Well, more of a frag drop, but it's all good cause I gots coralz.

Archived