Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good! I'll be placing a special order with pico aquariums tomorrow!

What dimensions? Low iron glass? AIO?

What dimensions? Low iron glass? AIO?

30" X 20" X 16" starphire glass. And yep Aio 4.5" sump are with some custom stuff in there as well. I'll put up all the details in the next day or so on my thread.

30" X 20" X 16" starphire glass. And yep Aio 4.5" sump are with some custom stuff in there as well. I'll put up all the details in the next day or so on my thread.

Cool man. I really like starting new tanks. You should do a side by side photo comparison to see the difference between low iron and regular glass. I think my next tank will be something like 48Lx24Wx16H with the star fire in the front. That would be sick.

Cool man. I really like starting new tanks. You should do a side by side photo comparison to see the difference between low iron and regular glass. I think my next tank will be something like 48Lx24Wx16H with the star fire in the front. That would be sick.

Yea im excited... Just gotta make my own stand for it. Really wanted something larger but since im on the top floor condo my gf is paranoid it would explode and flood the nice lady under us if i got a 125g. So all i said was im ordering something new its a little longer then the biocube but same water volume :P well really its about 41 gal. And deffinitly a side by side comparison. I saw a side by side of just the glass on the pico thread. Looks sweet

Plus i think its perfect size for the ai sol at 12"

HOLY CRAP! GET TO AQUARIUM ONE!

ddb9a232.jpg

Just came from there and they have corals out the yin-yang!! I got some freakin sweet sps, and these are pieces I've never seen before. Can't place them in the tank today. Gotta work. Gonna pick up tomorrow at 10. Also got a clownfish (regular). Hopefully they fight for a day or two and then pair up. They are about the same size.

Man I'm excited about these sps. I hope they do as well as the ones I already have!

HOLY CRAP! GET TO AQUARIUM ONE!

ddb9a232.jpg

Just came from there and they have corals out the yin-yang!! I got some freakin sweet sps, and these are pieces I've never seen before. Can't place them in the tank today. Gotta work. Gonna pick up tomorrow at 10. Also got a clownfish (regular). Hopefully they fight for a day or two and then pair up. They are about the same size.

Man I'm excited about these sps. I hope they do as well as the ones I already have!

Fuuuuuuuuu. Wish I wasn't leaving tomorrow or I would been there right after work

Well, they did have nice stuff, but if i was going to europe for two weeks I wouldn't give a $&@/ about that! Have fun dude!

Some crappy pics of the new sps frags. And fish

'Wintetgreen'? Light blue with dark green nubs and polyps

44c3db63.jpg

Not sure what this is. Pic is not accurate. It's actually near white with blue-ish tips and yellow polyps

b727b342.jpg

Obviously a stag horn of some kind. Looks like purple w blue tips

7244610d.jpg

All frags

65efe8ef.jpg

And new clown. Have it acclimating on a small breeder box. Hopefully this will help the two get to know each other before full release.

49844d8f.jpg

mygolfisslow

Those frags look nice. I also just got some new clowns after my wrasse disaster.

You decide what to do about lighting yet? I'm still up in the air about it but if I make good money this Sunday I will be pulling the trigger.

Those frags look nice. I also just got some new clowns after my wrasse disaster.

You decide what to do about lighting yet? I'm still up in the air about it but if I make good money this Sunday I will be pulling the trigger.

What I have decided is that I need a chiller if I get MH. I also decided that I don't have $400 for a chiller... So that's probably not going to work.

mygolfisslow
What I have decided is that I need a chiller if I get MH. I also decided that I don't have $400 for a chiller... So that's probably not going to work.

you really think you would have to run a chiller?

I think so man. Especially with that water volume. I had a chiller once and if I had plumbed it correctly it would have been great. But it was old and kinda loud so I sold it. I was thinking about running a strip of fans. Idk.

The snowflake is sleeping directly next to the new clown tonight. Both are right next to each other, just that the new one is in the breeder box. They are almost swimming in unison. I hope that is a good sign.

Whew. After a couple hours, some reef glue, reef putty, and some decision making...I have placed all the frags. And wow does the tank look full. Good thing is that I'm not gonna be buying livestock for a while. Don't have anywhere to put it. Id like to get a small clear frag rack, but I think it may take away from the display. May do it anyway cause my gsp could be fragged weekly.

Pics to come.

Picked up this tank with a sweet custom stand over the weekend. Paid $350 for the pair. The stand seems very well built and has a nice modern look, the wife is happy. Been working on the sump and plumbing, not much room in the stand, but I think I've got it worked out with a 14.5 gallon sump, and 6.6 gallon fuge on a shelf above it. I'll try and get pictures of the setup posted when I'm finished. Can't wait to get everything moved over from the other tank, I love the look of the shallow rimless... :D

saltwatercoral
Whew. After a couple hours, some reef glue, reef putty, and some decision making...I have placed all the frags. And wow does the tank look full. Good thing is that I'm not gonna be buying livestock for a while. Don't have anywhere to put it. Id like to get a small clear frag rack, but I think it may take away from the display. May do it anyway cause my gsp could be fragged weekly.

Pics to come.

Everything is looking real good!

Archived