ReefCleaners.org

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

that is odd. not sure why that would happen did you retest to make sure you didnt mess up. if i get an odd result i always retest. i hope you can get your dosing worked out i just got my perams where i want the after about a two months alk at 11 and cal at 440. its about 8ml buffer and 6ml cal twice a day. i am already seeing better growth.

I'm always nervous to exceed the recommended dose, but it seems like what's rec'd is always too little. I guess it's not how much you use, but that you don't just dump 16-20 ml in there at once.

Your always with the good advice. Keep it up! Thanks!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks again for the Green Chalice! Your tank looks sick by the by!

Oh, that's not the monti you got from me lol. That's what grew when I moved the one you got from me...in a matter of weeks!! I'm really amazed at the growth rate of monti caps. Unbelievable. I'm about to go searching for a couple really nice ones to grow out. Urbaneks has a really cool looking one. I keep kicking myself for not getting the two I saw once at That Fish Place. But I got a clam so oh well.

Anyway, glad you like it, and nice to meet you. Lemme know if you want some of these watermelon zoas. After they start growing on this rock I'm going to frag it in threes and see how that goes.

I already have these up on here, but I just got this new app that makes everything look like candy on steroids! So naturally I'm playing around with it...

C2183CE4-04FA-49C1-BD45-12C5FD7C4C51.jpg

365678B9-3278-4A2A-AB31-998E6D09CE76.jpg

e38a1528.jpg

My first sps frag! I accidentally broke a small piece off and decided to glue it to a frag plug. We'll see!!

9711a97d.jpg

For a couple days I've noticed one of the green banded gobies acting strange and breathing heavily. I kept checking the salinity, but it was fine and none of the other fish looked bad.

Today I came home to this. Look inside the frogspawn....

5a925cc2.jpg

I promptly removed it. Now he's swimming in the great porcelain bowl in the sky. BTA was pissed at the froggy. Lol. I wonder what happened to him... Kinda sad cause now there's only one and it keeps looking for the other one.

Should I get another to pair with it?

So now both of the Green Banded Gobies are dead. :angry: WTF I'm never buying anything from Petco ever again. I've never lost anything due to something I did, so I know it was something from Petco. Every other creature in my tank is doing fine. I wonder what it was. Guess I'll never know.

Wow! Was the last one eaten too!

No the last one went crazy and started swimming all over the tank during a water change. I dumped the changes water, came back, and found it on the floor. It was weird. Almost like they had a brain disorder... If that's possible. They showed no outward signs of disease or something and were eating fine. I'm just glad everything else is ok! If those clowns go nuts my wallet will never recover.....

been a while since i checked out your thread. tank is looking nice. i hope the gobies was just a fluke thing. I love the new clam. i need to get me one.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Thx! What are you dosing these days, and schedule?

Daily routine of bionic

Part 1 7.5ml

Part 2 5ml

Weekly 2gal changes using reef crystals

End up with 380ca 8.2alk 1350mg

been a while since i checked out your thread. tank is looking nice. i hope the gobies was just a fluke thing. I love the new clam. i need to get me one.

Thanks. Me too. I'm happy the clam has made a good comeback. Maybe it was just acclimating. I wish it would stay upright. The foot is still so small that I think it has issues attaching to rocks. I placed it inside a cup shaped rock that my wife found in St. Thomas once. Gotta get some live food so I can feed it.

Sorry to hear about your GBGs . Tank looks good. PETCO sucks...I am done here lol

Thanks. I'm done with Petco!

Bummer on those little guys :(

Did you ever figure out the Ca issue?

Well, kinda. I calculated how much Alk and calc my tank consumes, but then I had a long few days at work and didn't keep up with testing to calculate how much dose per day I need...

Nice tank and setup! I'm looking to buy this same tank within the next 2-3 weeks, bored of my 40 breeder that I've had for a while. Is there anything you don't like about the tank, or anything you'd do differently if you had the chance? How tall is the Deep Blue stand? I haven't decided to get that one or go with a custom stand my LFS has for the tank. Would it be easy to add a shelf inside the stand?

It's funny seeing Congressional Aquarium mentioned so much, I worked there back around '94 or '95. It was one of my first jobs and what got me into keeping a marine tanks. Have they expanded at all? That place was tiny when I worked there, LOL :P

Nice tank and setup! I'm looking to buy this same tank within the next 2-3 weeks, bored of my 40 breeder that I've had for a while. Is there anything you don't like about the tank, or anything you'd do differently if you had the chance? How tall is the Deep Blue stand? I haven't decided to get that one or go with a custom stand my LFS has for the tank. Would it be easy to add a shelf inside the stand?

It's funny seeing Congressional Aquarium mentioned so much, I worked there back around '94 or '95. It was one of my first jobs and what got me into keeping a marine tanks. Have they expanded at all? That place was tiny when I worked there, LOL :P

Thanks! As far as anything I would do differently: only thing that I still might do is raise the durso up a bit to eliminate the falling water noise. I love everything else. As far as the stand: I have a 16H sump and I could add a couple shelves. If I had a full lengthwise sump, probably not, but the cabinet is spacious. I would have liked it to be JUST a little higher, but I'm 6'2" so that plays a factor. ,) Glass is clear, but def not low iron so some things look way better from the top down than they do from behind the glass.

I am really loving the shallow-ness. If there's a change needed, or if I'm adding something, changing the water, anything...it's so much more accessable than my previous tank. And so far it's been great for sps as that is the fastest growing thing in my tank right now. Get a lot of sand snails, cause I've had issues with algae on the sand. I'm guessing it's from the shallow depth.

Regarding congressional: I've only been 'going' there for several months. It's ok. Coral inventory needs work. I feel like if your going to sell coral at least provide adequate lighting to meet their needs and for gods sake do some maintenance on the larger coral tanks. Fish selection is usually good and they have a pretty large dry goods area.

Thanks again for looking and for the kind words.

i may have solved our standpipe issue i will post pics tomorrow in my thread :D

Great cause I've been puting a length of filter floss behind the surface skim wall to stop the noise. I may still do that though. Stops the crap from getting into the sump. Awaiting pics!

So.......one of the $250 ORA Premium Snowflake Clowns decided to jump out of the tank this morning. I found it all dried up on the carpet.

So.......I'm out at Home Depot puting together a net top for the tank. I hope it looks ok. I did some reading on that a whole back and I should be good. We will see. I didn't want to do it because I love the clean look, but I can't afford to loose stuff like that.

i am so pissed about this. That's three fish in a week. And none of it is my fault.

I've had my 40 breeder open top for almost 2 years with no jumpers. No I'm worried when I switch over to this tank I might have issues. I wonder if the shallowness makes fish more prone to jumping?

mygolfisslow

i wish i had posted this before you went to Hdepot.

1in PVC 90º

8b84e66e.jpg

abb146ba.jpg

and you can rotate it to adjust the water level in the overfolw box

Nice and easy! Well I have to go back over cause I forgot to get something so I'll pick that up. Thanks!

Archived