Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

Did you consider panorama pros at all? Or are you just going for accent color?

And you didn't buy that magenta from A1 did you?

Do you know any stand builders in the area? I really like the Ikea bookshelf that I use but would feel safer with something made of real wood, so want to get it replicated.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't need anything for growth or health, just wanted to add that missing wavelength. Don't know if I've done that here but hopefully things will color more in a month or so.

And yeah, I got it from A1. I have a suspicion that it was returned by some one...was it you?

Lol no but I almost bought it the other week and highly considered taking the guy up on his offer to buy and return if I didn't like it.

Tank looks good btw, do you still have the BTA?

Sadly no. That's the second BTA that I've lost. I don't get it. Looked great for a couple weeks, then stayed closed all the time, detached. I just took it out after that. The only thing that changed was I added an anemone shrimp. Maybe it was staying closed to avoid the irritation and wasn't getting enough light. Things like that make me so pissed. I can grow an acropora colony, burning can't keep an anemone (other than the minis they do great).

As for the light, I'm not convinced. Gotta spend some more time looking at it. It's pretty saturating. Maybe what I need are two blue/magenta strips. We'll see. That are only $50 each so that gives some leeway to play around with it.

Pic update.

Ponape. Grew it from a tiny frag. I'm proud of this one. Color has kept and growth is incredible.

f871a962.jpg

Mini nem.

cf5f88c1.jpg

Mini nem with Anemone Shrimp and Duncan coral

e543a939.jpg

Chalice that hasn't growth a cm since I dropped it in...and some other really nice gold/orange coral I got from A1. Im assuming it's an LPS. Growth is really taking off.

8dc2f6b2.jpg

This thing has been renamed The Incredible Hulk cause it's big and green and indestructible!

7fd385ba.jpg

Softies. The purple green Yuma is footed on the bottom of the tank.

692defad.jpg

I'm starting to realize that this is a Hammer and not a FS.

d07df9c8.jpg

Cool how corals pop up when you don't put the there. Purple Deaths.

6184fc57.jpg

The two smaller red and green ones under the large one have grown from invisibility to this. I didn't even know they were there!

e07ab504.jpg

I think so. Certain things have enhanced their color in that range. It's not placebo I swear!

Those pictures are beautiful!!! :)

Thanks! I really enjoy looking at shallows from top down.

that green cap is sick. ill take some anytime :D

The Hulk would thank you but he's always angry (that's his secret).

I've been meaning to ask you: who's picture is that and what does your 'saying' thing mean?

Here's my light cycle. I changed it recently with the addition of the stunner strips. honestly I thought that these LEDs were too powerful at max, but I'm almost at 100 blue and getting up there with the whites. Corals are responding to the intensity change. Cool.

8am - 5w 10b - ramp 119m

10am - 20w 40b - ramp 119m

12pm - 65w 80b - ramp 90m

2pm - 70w 95b - ramp 60m

5pm - 50w 90b - ramp 45m

6pm - 5w 50b - ramp 90m

8pm - 00w 8b - ramp 120 - Lunar on

Finally got some pics of the Firetail Blenny, or as he commonly referred to around here...Bob. Lol.

9d0bc0b8.jpg

Can't really tell, but on the left the Strawberry crab has used loose rock rubble and snail shells to build a fortress that only opens from the top. He didn't do that in the bio cube. I'm guessing space was the issue. It's pretty cool.

440f1835.jpg

And I just like this pic. Reminds me of the ocean. All my rocks have this hairy growth on them.

c82328f6.jpg

Traded in some frags for store credit at the lfs yesterday. A1 has some really great stuff right now people. Get over there and buy it!

I also traded in the Yellow Tang, for all the haters out there ;-)

I got some supplies, a red Monti Digitata and 3 Reef Chromis. I've tried to stay away from the Chromis cause I always thought they were kinda boring, but I was wrong. It so cool to watch them swim around in a little school. They stay out in the open too so that's just what I was looking for. As far as color, they honestly remind me of some kind of tropical bird or something. Sadly, the little dude didn't make it through the acclimation (I think he was breathing hard at the lfs too). So I'll be picking up two more today after work. I'll get a pic or two then.

For now:

Duncan corals are another one that I thought was boring cause everybody had one. Wrong again. One of the coolest coral I have. Photobucket pic doesn't do it justice.

ba1e4691.jpg

This favia is finally starting to attach to the frag rock. FLESHY!

071f08b4.jpg

I'm starting to see more of these around this area of the tank. The peppermint shrimp doesn't come over here, so I'm thinking of what to do. AX? You have to look real close on the base of the rock. They look like aptaisia, but clear with 'stary' tentacle tips.

0719f05c.jpg

miniwhinny

I am SOOOO in love with this tank. I love everything about it !!!! I'm seriously thinking about using it as my "inspiration" for a new build.

Keep up the good work

:)

I'm starting to see more of these around this area of the tank. The peppermint shrimp doesn't come over here, so I'm thinking of what to do. AX? You have to look real close on the base of the rock. They look like aptaisia, but clear with 'stary' tentacle tips.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1236495

Technically a corallimorph.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/corallim.htm

Your tank realy looks great! Everything looks like it is growing like crazy!

Thanks! Anything with a calcium skeleton seems to really take off after it gets acclimated. Ive slowed down on the coral purchases to let everything grow out.

I am SOOOO in love with this tank. I love everything about it !!!! I'm seriously thinking about using it as my "inspiration" for a new build.

Keep up the good work

:)

Whoa thanks! Some day you'll have to tell me how to get something to host my clowns other than the upper left corner of the tank. BTW, I'm still looking at the Kessil A350, but I need to continue the sunrise/sunset/lunar cycle and I can't do that with the current model. I heard something about a controllable one coming out next year or something. I might wait for that.

I'm not sure the exact species.

I know I have about 4-5 on a piece of LR.

They only seem to open up at night.

I think I have pseudocorynactis caribbeorum based on this description.

The Caribbean species, Pseudocorynactis caribbaeorum mainly opens its tentacles at night, and closes rapidly when it senses light. The Indo-Pacific species remains open both day and night, and is not sensitive to light.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/10/inverts

Mine are dime to nickel sized, fully open.

Haven't done a full test in a while. Trates and ammo measured fine, but calcium was really high like 460+ and alkalinity was way down around 6.5 or something.

No clue why. Maybe I screwed up the test. I usually do these tests in the morning when I'm refreshed and not thinking about work.

Added a SMALL six line wrasse and another blue / green chromis today. These are some of the most basic of reef fish, but they are so cool. Perfect for this tank.

Haven't re-checked my alk. I'll do that tomorrow. Test kit is old so may be off?

I'm loving the minis.

Thanks. Ive been wanting more, but I don't have a whole lot of space left and I can't find one that I really want. miniwhinny has some real nice ones.

Added a SMALL six line wrasse and another blue / green chromis today. These are some of the most basic of reef fish, but they are so cool. Perfect for this tank.

Haven't re-checked my alk. I'll do that tomorrow. Test kit is old so may be off?

Nice, if you think the 6 line is dead or gone at night remember they hide and secrete a caccoon like substance and sleep in it at night so it's not dead! Lol this I found out a funny way cause I though he was dead in the rocks after the first night and couldn't find him

Archived