Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

Nice, if you think the 6 line is dead or gone at night remember they hide and secrete a caccoon like substance and sleep in it at night so it's not dead! Lol this I found out a funny way cause I though he was dead in the rocks after the first night and couldn't find him

Thanks. I read about the sack. Hope I get a chance to see that cause it sounds weird!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered a Co2 scrubber an some media. Surprisingly the media was more expensive than the reactor part. Hooks up to the air intake of the skimmer. Should be pretty easy.

Thanks Rehype!

Hopefully this solves my ph issue. We will see if it works for stabilizing both Ph and alk.

Picked up a couple frags from House of Tropicals today. Both acclimated well with float method and dip afterwards. Both opened up the polyps right away after the dip. I did find a couple flatworms on one of them which the Coral RX promptly neutralized. DIP YOUR CORALS PEOPLE!!

Super Pink (I think its a) montipora digitata? Def not a birds nest.

194dd7fe.jpg

And a red/green mili. It's missing a little color but it's a healthy looking piece so I hope the color will come around.

8e30c111.jpg

Disregard the brown algae on the sand. My cuc is lacking right now. Damn hermit crabs.

Installed the co2 scrubber / air filter. I ran the line from the filter canister to the existing line going into the skimmer. The 'In' line into the filter has a tube that's run to the outside of the cabinet for fresher air. Looks a little cheap, but who cares. Doesn't look that bad.

I was amazed that the skimmer actually performs better with the filter installed. I thought it would inhibit air flow, but not the case.

720a29d5.jpg

c16c69d2.jpg

northeastern

your tank is amazing. May need to rethink my long term tank plans. My lfs has a few of these sitting around empty and I have a new apartment upcoming in September. just enough time to save and plan...

your tank is amazing. May need to rethink my long term tank plans. My lfs has a few of these sitting around empty and I have a new apartment upcoming in September. just enough time to save and plan...

Thanks. It has been a really great tank so far. I hate the overflow. Whoever designed it wasn't using their brain. Love the shallow dimensions. Gives you a lot of room and accessibility. I have an idea to merge the shallow with a 60 cube with the same dimensions and do something creative. Maybe next year.

Thanks for looking!

Quick update on the air filter. The media says that the color changes over time, but I am seeing purple on the bottom of the cartridge already! That's good and bad. It's working, but there must be so much co2 on the air that I may need to change the media in this thing faster than I'd like to afford.

Haven't done a ph test yet. Gonna do that Sunday and see if it has leveled off at all.

Also, I have started doing bi-weekly water changes of 5 gallons each at 1.026. I like this for a few reasons. 1, it's easier to make 5 gallons at a time in my apt. 2, it replenishes certain trace elements faster than a weekly 10 gallon change. And lastly, I feel like smaller more frequent water changes keeps things more consistent than changing a larger amount.

On another note, my Green / Purple Yuma is really doing great, but the Pink / Orange Yuma right next to it is looking like crap. It's all closed up all day until near lights out and it spreads out a little. I hope its ok cause that's my favorite one.

Update on filter. Look from bottom up. Color changing media. The color has changed so much in a few days I wonder if I need an air filter for my family in this place...

fd35a490.jpg

Deleted User 4

Seem like your tank should be fit for a fromia star imo. Just make sure you select a healthy looking one.

Deleted User 4

Maybe, you added it when your tank was still new?? Fromias love tanks that are pretty well established. Do you have cheato algae in your tank?? You should get some phytoplankton because they love those...

Got red cyano again. Plus some green turf or hair algae. Couple of us are having the same issue and I found a thread that talks about warmer temps=increased metabolism of inhabitants. I think I have to get a chiller. With, or without the LEDs the ambient temp is just not cutting it. Also, still having issues with pH swings. I'm going to get an air pump and run it with the filter at night.

Also been thinking about an office nano. Would it be a distraction if I was interrogating a suspect and there was a clownfish swimming around in a nicely lit tank? Lol.

Lastly, one of my mini nems has moved to the bottom. I noticed that on one side many of the tentacles are missing. The dam nem shrimp must have been chomping on it. I'm taking that thing out and never getting one again. They are cool as hell, but there are so many similar looking kinds and I've read that there are predatory ones and non...

Of course I buy GSP when you have GSP to give away. And now you're getting rid of your sexy shrimp when I just bought one 45 min ago!

We need better communication haha

Are you a cop?

No, I've been doing retail loss prevention management / investigations for like 15 years. Went to school for computer tech. Go figure... It pays well.

Shrimp is an anemone shrimp...and its predatory. I'm sure thats what happened to my BTA. that thing is coming out today!

I actually made out pretty well with that GSP. I've got more!!!! MORE!!!!

Not the best pic, but this encrusting Monti has started to spread like crazy. I think it finally adjusted to its location. It's actually taking over a red scrolling Monti that started to grow in that spot. Maybe it's just competitive. Lol.

It's spreading over three rocks and plating. I think it's a Rainbow.

39b65666.jpg

be careful on that monti

i had a sunset monti and it grew so fast that it took over half of the main rock it was on

since im getting ready to switch tanks i fragged the most i could and killed the rest that didnt com off

be careful on that monti

i had a sunset monti and it grew so fast that it took over half of the main rock it was on

since im getting ready to switch tanks i fragged the most i could and killed the rest that didnt com off

Lol. I got u. I've been pretty happy with my ability to grow coral, I didn't really have a plan for when they grow too big. I guess you should plan for that too when your deciding on placement.

bwoodward0012

very nice setup. im picking up mine (same tank this week). i was wondering about your return... are you still using the mag 5? I have a mag 3 i was originally going to use but have decided to add a manifold to add a brs dual reactor and possibly another single reactor and another dump into my fuge as well as being the return, as i don't want to fill up the little sump space ill have with pumps. i know the 5 is a bit much for yours but i was thinking with all that extra stuff it would be feeding that the 7 would probably be ideal. Is your 5 feeding anything besides the return?

very nice setup. im picking up mine (same tank this week). i was wondering about your return... are you still using the mag 5? I have a mag 3 i was originally going to use but have decided to add a manifold to add a brs dual reactor and possibly another single reactor and another dump into my fuge as well as being the return, as i don't want to fill up the little sump space ill have with pumps. i know the 5 is a bit much for yours but i was thinking with all that extra stuff it would be feeding that the 7 would probably be ideal. Is your 5 feeding anything besides the return?

Thank you.

No, the return pump is only for the return. Just put a ball valve on it to control it and adjust accordingly.

Looks great! Love the Monti under the LEDs

Thanks! Of course it's a crappy iPhone pic, but I guess you get the idea. That thing has grown so much in the last two months.

Archived