ReefCleaners.org

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

20% off all livestock at A1 today. omgomgomg

I don't have any more room. Just letting everything grow out and maintaining right now. Gonna have to frag the fast growers pretty soon...again.

How are those frags holding up for you?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They all look good so far, they still look the same, so I assume that's good. Lol

I accidentally hit that red one while doing a water change last night and broke a piece off :/

Do you know of anyone who builds stands?

They all look good so far, they still look the same, so I assume that's good. Lol

I accidentally hit that red one while doing a water change last night and broke a piece off :/

Do you know of anyone who builds stands?

Actually yes I do. Pm me the dimensions.

I call it the 'Frammer' cause sometimes it looks like a FS and sometimes a Hammer. Nevertheless a really nice piece which I got for $10 in some random store I found one day. It's growing kind of slow, but the color keeps increasing. I think this one likes the red LEDs. It also eats like a Duncan which is odd as well. And never mind the F'n red slime algae. I can't kick it. Keeps coming back. Idk what to do.

d1b154b7.jpg

SPS shelf. When this finally grows out its going to look pretty cool.

0f7a0e06.jpg

My signature 'Don't Cry Over Spilt Porites by pschom'. Lol. This may be my favorite piece aside from the mini maxis. Top one is a pink digi that has darkened a little. Not sure why.

092fd31e.jpg

This is interesting. Two kinds of GSP on this rock. It looks like they are merging. Plus one is growing in length off of the rock.

55506f14.jpg

Softies. Like to get some Nuke Greens and mix them with my PDs on the front rock. Even though I have a lot of green.

9e3fa410.jpg

A top down shot. Again, pay no attention to the ugly algae. It's annoying and frustrating.

fa9651a1.jpg

That's a purdy "frammer" !!! Everything else is looking great as well.

Thanks man. I hate this algae on the sand. I used chemiclean once to get rid of it and it worked pretty well. Then it came back. Maybe from a dirty filter. After a water change it looks pretty amazing.

Reefclraners 30 on the way! You know I think the most snails ive ever had at once was around 10. Right now I have 5. Now that all the hermits are gone its time to stock up on the snails!

Gonna have like 300 now :P

I know I've seen the other orders and it's like double what they say it is. That's fine with me. I hope they suck that sand bed dry...of crap, not water.

I know you said you're outta room in the tank but if you happen to stop by A1 this weekend, let me know how their ORA SPS shipment looks

I know you said you're outta room in the tank but if you happen to stop by A1 this weekend, let me know how their ORA SPS shipment looks

Yeah I have to check up on my zoa pre-purchase. They fragged something for me, but it's been a minute. I'll give the sps a look.

In other news...I'm considering an algae scrubber. No clue how I'm going to design it, or plumb it. I'd like a small tank with just algae so it doesn't hit the display so hard.

HOLY F'n SNAILS!!

da07754d.jpg

Reef Cleaners order arrived. Actually I think it's a very good amount for this tank. I hope they get to work and fast!

It seems that the snails are doing their job. They weren't moving for a day, but now they are all spread out and the sand is cleaner in that area.

Reefbuilders says that the new AI vega pucks can be retro fit into the sol! Thanks brad. Will require a new controller. I don't understand this cause wouldn't it just be a software upgrade? Anyway I'm really looking forward to that!

The patches of cyano are slowly getting smaller. Snail pack has spread out more. I think I may need more small ones. Not sure if they are cerith or what. I got the 30 gallon pack, but with the shallow 24x24 footprint I may need double. Also, since the addition of the cuc the glass stays cleaner longer. That's nice.

Reefbuilders says that the new AI vega pucks can be retro fit into the sol! Thanks brad. Will require a new controller. I don't understand this cause wouldn't it just be a software upgrade? Anyway I'm really looking forward to that!

The patches of cyano are slowly getting smaller. Snail pack has spread out more. I think I may need more small ones. Not sure if they are cerith or what. I got the 30 gallon pack, but with the shallow 24x24 footprint I may need double. Also, since the addition of the cuc the glass stays cleaner longer. That's nice.

I'm hoping it's going to just be a software update for our controllers aswell. All over there website they talk about upgradeability for all there products.

I'm hoping it's going to just be a software update for our controllers aswell. All over there website they talk about upgradeability for all there products.

I was thinking. The sol controller may not have enough memory available to support the 20 channels and all that comes with it. That's gonna be cool man. I was really considering changing lights. Now Im real excited about these upcoming AI mods!

For the last two days ive noticed my clowns have been closer together than before. Also they have dug a small ditch on the bottom corner in the front. The female sleeps in it while theale sleeps on top of her. Female is motionless and the male is swimming a little to keep up with the small current there. Wonder what that means...if anything.

Pic was taken after I woke them up, but they sleep in that little ditch.

59cb3064.jpg

5626f171.jpg

Hmmmm I wonder what the turn around time will be on that or if it'll be you order it full price them send yours back and get a credit kinda like a core fee or something. I wouldn't want to be with out a light for a week or something like that.

Hmmmm I wonder what the turn around time will be on that or if it'll be you order it full price them send yours back and get a credit kinda like a core fee or something. I wouldn't want to be with out a light for a week or something like that.

I imagine it would be a retro fit they would sell on their site.

What does everyone/anyone think about dosing kalkwasser?

My plan is to get a digital timer, a dosing pump from BRS, and a container. Mix 1 tspn/g and dose 10 ml a day...test...and up concentration/ml as needed.

I honestly can't wait to try this because my alk calc and ph are never stable.

So...I ditched the plan for kalk and went with a different salt. Seachem Aquavitro Salinity. Haven't used it yet. Gonna to a 5 g WC tonight. Should be several weeks though before any real results come in. Hopefully that will improve my alk a little.

Archived