ReefCleaners.org

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should take about 2 weeks for the leathers to grab.

They came off the plugs. Next time I'll have to use a cup with mesh or something on the top to seal it.

nice pixyyy man

Thanks. REI might sell a waterproof housing for the iPhone. Was thinking about trying that, but I'm scared....

Got everything switched over to the new tank this weekend. Don't know if I'm happy with the aquascape yet, although I usually never am with any of my tanks. The small size of the tank makes it even harder. Lighting is 48 cree LEDs in a 20" Sunpod housing controlled by a RKL ALC. Here are some bad phone pics. I don't know if I'm gonna make my own thread or not...

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

Wow dude. Looks great! Really gives some ideas on what to do with the cabinet.

What is the secret with anemones? What am I missing? It's pissing me off that I can't keep one well in here.

What is the secret with anemones? What am I missing? It's pissing me off that I can't keep one well in here.

I don't really know yet, I've only had it about 2-3 weeks so far. I picked it up from a local reefer who had a couple in his tank that split. I did hear that if you can get one from a tank that has been split, they do better then imported ones from a store. Kinda like how captive bred fish seem more healthy I guess?

Did you jinx me? last night the RBTA moved underneath and behind all the rocks and hasn't really come out today... ;)

:huh: hope not. Mine moved too and all the tentacles are sucked in. WHY!

I just read the A1 weekly email and it sounds like a good coral shipment is coming, let me know if you go today and how it is.

I just read the A1 weekly email and it sounds like a good coral shipment is coming, let me know if you go today and how it is.

They had some nice stuff Wednesday. Lots of monti's. Out of town this weekend. Lemme know if u get anything.

gearhead364

Soo glad I found this thread! just traded my Arowana in for this same tank at my LFS lol it just doesnt have the overflows and im going to drill it and I was wondering what size holes did your tank come drilled with?

Soo glad I found this thread! just traded my Arowana in for this same tank at my LFS lol it just doesnt have the overflows and im going to drill it and I was wondering what size holes did your tank come drilled with?

I think it's just 1". Check out pages 1 and 17. If I had to build the overflow I might even put it in the middle. You could hide it with rocks. Post some pics when ur done.

Gonna pre-order the Kessil A350w. Any thoughts? I'm gonna keep the SOL so if the Kessil doesn't cut it I can always swap out. I was thinking of keeping the SOL in place and turning it way down. That way I can still have a sunrise/sunset. I'd use the timers to basically shut the SOL off while the Kessil is on.

What do you think?

Deleted User 4

lol mmmm it's really up to you whether you want more lights or not, I mean the sol is already supplying enough watts for your tank, though I've heard good reviews on coral growth under the kessils a150w, not sure about the 350s yet.

lol mmmm it's really up to you whether you want more lights or not, I mean the sol is already supplying enough watts for your tank, though I've heard good reviews on coral growth under the kessils a150w, not sure about the 350s yet.

Not like I want more light. I'm just not getting good color with this. Plus I really like the single point source.

That Kessil looks really cool, and LOTs of shimmer! You could still do sunrise/sunset because it is dimmable. If you don't already have a light controller you can usually get one for under $100

That Kessil looks really cool, and LOTs of shimmer! You could still do sunrise/sunset because it is dimmable. If you don't already have a light controller you can usually get one for under $100

That's my question though. I don't think you can hook it up to a controller. I think it just has power on and off. The dimming feature is so you can adjust the blue and white spectrums for color temp. I could be wrong and honestly I hope I am cause that would be sweet.

Deleted User 4

nah it doesn't connect with a controller nor does it come with one, it is dimmable though which the 150 kessils don't have

If it is dimmable, it should work with a Reefkeeper w/ALC module. That's what i use with my DIY LED setup to do sunrise/sunset.

They've been getting some real nice sps lately. I think they are all from local tanks. They are all doing well in mine. I can't spend anything on my tank right now. I really don't have a lot of room left anyway. I'd like to get a pair of Pom Pom crabs.

Got a phosphate test kit today...0 Phosphates. I've never tested for that and it seems that I didn't have to. Didn't get any corals. No $$. Took some pics. I've been feeding the corals a bit more and I turned the blue up some more. They look better. Sps are the same.

fd781cfa.jpg

d4f750f5.jpg

Shrooms. The blue dots on the red ones are really coming out.

ca11885d.jpg

Can't tell if the froggy is growing since I look at it everyday.

394a980e.jpg

Getting some good growth out of the Duncan and that coral behind it. Have figured out the name of that one yet. It's got a calcium skeleton and kinda resembles a micro-mussa but more 'hairy'. Bright orange and looks sweet with just the blues.

6225f489.jpg

That sps frag on the top looks bleached, but it's got color. I think it bleached a little when I moved it up. Hope it comes back cause I can't move it from there now. And it's so hard. I tried breaking off a piece...not happening.

Posted this on the AI thread.

Ok. My tank now has 1 AI SOL (white version), 2 blue stunner strips and 1 magenta stunner strip. With the SOL at peak, the difference is minimal. However my hope is that with the addition of the color supplementation, the corals color up more. We'll see.

The iPhone can't really pick up good colors, but here goes...

Lights are 40w and 60b. Any higher and you can't really tell the difference in a picture.

1 Blue Stunner

decee112.jpg

2 Blue Stunners - Note the difference in brightness from one strip vs. the other. The darker one has been running 8 hours a day for about a year (3000 hrs). I wonder if that was darker from the beginning or did it dim over time and use??

d46e5f89.jpg

2 Blue Stunners and 1 Magenta Stunner - The magenta is BRIGHT when the whites are low or off. It almost overpowers the blues and makes it hard to focus on stuff. Maybe the eyes adjust to it? I'm thinking I might run it from 4-8 then let the blues dim down from 8-10. Idk.

55010e0b.jpg

Green Monti Cap with Blue Only

IMG_0040.jpg

Same Monti with Magenta on

d359ddde.jpg

Lastly, crappy photo but shows how intense the magenta is with no whites.

Without

20ed5a8f.jpg

With

dc590ad2.jpg

Archived