SaltCritters.com

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

pschom

Are you getting your corals at Congressional too? I used to live by them and I wasn't very impressed with the store but it looks like they stepped up there game. And if your thinking of going to Mr coral if you haven't already don't waste your time. There quality of corals suck.

Na. I mentioned before that Congressional is pretty crappy. I was inspired by their frag tank and now mine looks like a lottery check compared to their dollar bill. I have found good stuff there, but it gets scooped up real quick. They are good for fish though. They always have a good selection and get them in on the regular. The people there are weird though. A couple nice, but they all act like they've been living in a cave and customers never go there... It's more like a meeting of a Magic the Gathering game than a fish store. I want to like them, but I just can't. Mr. Coral pissed me off a couple times for being closed, late... Idk they have ok stuff. Rumor has it that the dude they used to do business with got busted for illegally importing livestock and that's why they only have your typical run of the mill corals now.

Best places for corals are: TPP, Aquarium 1, House of Tropicals

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pics!

Calling this 'Good Morning' or 'Its a Big World Out There'

F91D9696-06CA-4814-83BC-661EFA3009BE.jpg

In the dark

A905C34B-E9F1-42C6-A336-36D9B94F27CA.jpg

Nice!

E9C87CED-D5EE-4A04-B35A-355ACA34E542.jpg

$10!!

IMG_8596.jpg

SPS Looking good! I wish they grew faster, but then how would it be as rewarding?

9CCB117B-AE52-4ED9-8B07-85A4A54EFE93.jpg

What's TPP? That pet place?

Yeah. Sry was lazy of typing on my phone. They dont always have extraordinary stuff, but there's ALWAYS something! There's so much coral up there I get overwhelmed and am stuck trying to decide on a couple things for hours...

What do you feed your fish? o:

Right now:

Flake - I like New Life Spectrum, but for some reason I cant find the flakes...I've been using another kind. They eat it, but its not theyre fav

Pellet - New Life Spectrum - big for big, small for small

Frozen:

- Cyclop-eeze and Mysis combo pack (make sure you drain the water from the cup after you thaw it out or your dumping nutrients in your water

- Frozen Brine for a snack, but theres really no health benefit

I try and mix them up randomly through the week so they don't get bored. Theyre like kids you know. lol

Ok... I'm determined to kick this cyano outbreak so I got this product called Chemiclean. 'One level scoop per every 10 gallons, Water Change after 48 hours'!!

Cross your fingers!!!!

PICS!

(btw the chemiclean worked but i doubt the algae will go away for long can't find what is causing it...)

No Titles, just pics. I was tired of the iPhone so I broke out the waterproof Sony cam and took a dive in!!

DSC02097.jpg

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02076.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

DSC02078.jpg

DSC02073.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02105.jpg

DSC02106.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

Best for Last!

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02067.jpg

DSC02068.jpg

DSC02069.jpg

Nice zoas :D

Thanks. I'm really happy about the clam. He was closed up for a few days, but now it looks better than ever.

Love the clam. I need a clam.

Thanks. As I mentioned, those pics were taken underwater. The color doesn't look half as good from behind the glass. I hate that.

So...I went to the natural history museum yesterday (vacation). I noticed that in their reef tank, which is awesome btw, they have the trumpet corals all in lower light an the green sinularia all the way at the top. So I did the same and wow, what a difference. The trumpets blew up! Haven't found a good spot for the leather yet, but I moved the chalice down to the bottom and already it looks larger.

I saw that coraline was starting to grow on the overflow and the glass. I took this to mean only one thing....it was time for an anemone! So I went out (across the street) to Aquarium One and picked up a BTA. It's green with white/silver splotches and purplish tips. Was looking for a quadricolor but inreally liked this one. It was also the happiest looking one in the acclimation bucket as they had just gotten them in. The nem even stuck to the plastic bag while I was floating it! I found the perfect spot for it based on info from wet web media, and placed it right there. Its now stuck in between two rocks on the bottom which is a perfect spot for light and flow. Awesome!

I put the MP10 on short pulse on like 30% so the nem isn't moving all over. I'll slowly acclimate it to higher flow over the next couple weeks, but honestly that setting seems to work pretty well for high flow over the sps and lower flow for everything else.

Can't wait for the clowns to find it. I printed out some pics of clowns being hosted by nems. Feels pretty stupid, but if Tron +1 made it work so can I. ;)

On another note, I really need to section off the skimmer so it maintains a stable water level. Ive been lazy about doing that and I may just break down and get a sump for the stand that has the right dimensions. Since the skimmer broke in it's foaming like a champ, but it's not as effective as it could be when the water level keeps changing.

Nice, uhhh pics???

Dude it was like 11PM. LOL. Plus the bta was all scrunched up in it's new hole. I'll snap some in a minute. U think I should acclimate it to the SOL, or just let it run it's course?

I was planning to go this morning to get one of the green bta's. Better have some left! :P

They should still have some. There were three that looked pretty good. I'd get there early today though. Lol your probably over there right now. We got issues.

Nice!! Make sure your pic of the gbta looks similar to yours and the same with the clowns. Only took about 1.5-2 weeks and mine is always in it now. Sleeps in there too!

Nice!! Make sure your pic of the gbta looks similar to yours and the same with the clowns. Only took about 1.5-2 weeks and mine is always in it now. Sleeps in there too!

It's gonna be difficult because they never ever go to that part of the tank... I put a pic up and everyone got scared and went to under the return. lol. I'm gonna give it a couple weeks anyway because the nem is kinda small and I don't want to big ole clowns beating it to death. I sure hope they take to it though. Both of them need something because for the past three weeks Im finding them swimming inside the cupped scrolling monti.

Archived