21 ml Ca (4 doses per day)

15 ml Mag (1 dose per week) * might change this, haven't decided

also adjusted my KZ dosing regimen.

Xtra: 0.5ml 3x per week

B-B 1ml 2x per week

K-B 5ml 1x per week

CV: 2 drops daily

SP: 3 drops daily.

seemed to help cut back on the brown gunk algae a lot.

saw some PE on the suharsonoi during the day for the first time ever! I have a pic, I'll post it soon.

Also seeing noticeable growth on the acros since being home. which is cool! in just 7 days i can see noticeable growth! :D

Duh :) Nevermind.

My calculations are they if our coral load was equal and the dosing was equal I would be dosing 46ml a day to maintain an Alk of ~7 KH. I am now up to 70ml to maintain an Alk of 8 KH. Hmmm.

Great pics! Remind me how much 2 part you are dosing at the moment. I swear it was just a few posts ago.

26ml alk per day

28 ml ca per day

15ml mg per week

10ml KZ K-Balance per week

Looking good! Maybe we should be asking your parents for husbandry questions rather than you! :P

whoa now, i'm the one that wrote the dosing/feeding regimen! :P they just follow it better than i do. they follow the bullet points, while i tend to keep adding bullet points. :rolleyes:

Wow! What a change!!

it really is a night and day difference! :D

• Like 1

Advice with Roger:

anyone who's going through anything similar:

just keep it simple. test what you need, do the water changes, and feed a lot. a healthy well fed system is wayyyyy more stable that a system you're consistently tinkering with.

words to live by

How old is this tank now?

Duh :) Nevermind.

My calculations are they if our coral load was equal and the dosing was equal I would be dosing 46ml a day to maintain an Alk of ~7 KH. I am now up to 70ml to maintain an Alk of 8 KH. Hmmm.

those numbers are wrong. :o gotta edit that post.

• Like 1

26ml alk per day

28 ml ca per day

15ml mg per week

10ml KZ K-Balance per week

That would put equal dosing at 60ml for me, if I wanted to maintain 7 KH. Now that's a lot closer.

KAT! That just made my day.

Thank you. :)

That would put equal dosing at 60ml for me, if I wanted to maintain 7 KH. Now that's a lot closer.

Sorry about that. I was going off of written numbers, but I forgot I upped the doser a few times while I was gone.

What are your target parameters?

• Like 2

KAT! That just made my day.

Thank you. :)

Sorry about that. I was going off of written numbers, but I forgot I upped the doser a few times while I was gone.

What are your target parameters?

8.5 is my professed target but I can't get above 8 at the moment. I let calcium fall wherever it wants to fall with equal part dosing and try and keep Mg at 1400+. My calcium is currently 450.

• Like 1

Once again nightly PE is insane...

POLYPS Y U NO EXTEND DURING DAY TIME?! :furious:

How long after lights out?? I'm assuming you are talking about your sps? I have a few in my tank that seem like they could have better PE, so maybe I should check at night?

How long after lights out?? I'm assuming you are talking about your sps? I have a few in my tank that seem like they could have better PE, so maybe I should check at night?

yeah, after lights out i get some super good PE. It looks like the polyps are about to fall out.

It might be worth it to check at night. I think it's because my flame angel isn't cruising around picking on stuff.. part of me wants super happy SPS with great PE, but the other part of me loves my flame angel. hah

• Like 2
I am proud to run the dinosaur. Never set up the fusion, I was certain doing a firmware upgrade was going to make my controller into a brick. You see why I need to be adopted?

How old is your apex? Man it takes control freak to the next level I love it

Control freak? You said the magic words MP! :eek:

Hmm, I'm not sure, I think I bought my apex in May of 2012. Did I just date myself omgomgomg

Ohhhhh upgrade to it already!! The stuff you can do with it is awesome!! Like I said control freak to the 10th power

Ohhhhh upgrade to it already!! The stuff you can do with it is awesome!! Like I said control freak to the 10th power

If I do it, it's going to become a brick. seriously. Okay I could try it I suppose. I have to find the instructions again

Rest in Peace little man. He loved my tanks as much as i did. Always staring at the corals swaying, and the critters running around in the refugium.

198_zpse1ebaced.jpg

197_zps1685cd42.jpg

138_zpsc3d7f54b.jpg

019_zps63a027c3.jpg

Pooch sure is enjoying the tank and all that