Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

no wrasses, but i'm not to fond of fairy wrasses, and i've always wanted a yellow coris. but i'd rather not get another yellow fish..

What about a flasher wrasse then?

the dragon face pipefish would be awesome, I think I remember something about keeping multiples being encouraged. Bartletts anthias have pink blue and yellow all in one lol. Not sure how you feel about anthias though. Mystery wrasse has similar colors as well.

i would definitely get 3-4 pipefish. my LFS carries them i could sit and watch them cruise around for hours, and i resist every time they have them in. i could do anthias, but i know little to nothing about them. i know i need to feed them a lot, but do they need special food? are they picky eaters? what ration M:F to get? haha i never had a tank big enough for them so i never researched it. :o

i would definitely get 3-4 pipefish. my LFS carries them i could sit and watch them cruise around for hours, and i resist every time they have them in. i could do anthias, but i know little to nothing about them. i know i need to feed them a lot, but do they need special food? are they picky eaters? what ration M:F to get? haha i never had a tank big enough for them so i never researched it. :o

I am in the same boat but when it comes to jumpers I just avoid the known ones due to my reluctance to get a top. I think bartletts need 2x daily feedings instead of some that need like 6 though.

I am in the same boat but when it comes to jumpers I just avoid the known ones due to my reluctance to get a top. I think bartletts need 2x daily feedings instead of some that need like 6 though.

looks like a good excuse to get my apex auto fish feeder module. :P

• Like 1

looks like a good excuse to get my apex auto fish feeder module. :P

they look like a good excuse for me to make a screen top, but I have been saying that since I set up my tank lol.

they look like a good excuse for me to make a screen top, but I have been saying that since I set up my tank lol.

:lol:

i'm no fan of tops either.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+2675&pcatid=2675

You could try a Christmas Wrasse, they are a really cool fish, great almost metallic coloration of green and red. Although Live Aquaria says they are Reef Safe with Caution I've done some research and most people say they are reef safe. Plus Christmas is coming up! ;)

ohhhh very pretty! thanks!

I am avoiding the use of a top as well. I lost my clownfish, but otherwise things are good so far.

I am avoiding the use of a top as well. I lost my clownfish, but otherwise things are good so far.

i've only had one fish jump. but then again, i don't have any fish that are notorious jumpers. and it's too bad all my dream fish are known to be jumpers. haha :lol:

thank you very much!

i missed this post ark.

any suggestions?

McCoskers are pretty cool!

p-39306-mckoskers-flasher-2.jpg

I like McCoskers. You will need a mesh lid though as they are likely to jump. I don't know why all of you are so against putting some sort of lid over your tanks. I've seen/read/heard about ALL species of fish jumping.

I like McCoskers. You will need a mesh lid though as they are likely to jump. I don't know why all of you are so against putting some sort of lid over your tanks. I've seen/read/heard about ALL species of fish jumping.

i'm not opposed to it. i just never saw the need. but with wrasses i'll definitely build a mesh lid

• Like 2

i'm not opposed to it. i just never saw the need. but with wrasses i'll definitely build a mesh lid

I know people that have lost triggers and tangs to jumping. You are playing with fire not having one! :P

IMO get a wrasse. They are great fish and add a lot of color and movement to a tank. I have really enjoyed the McCoskers flashers that I have had in the past. Very awesome fish.

• Like 1

I know people that have lost triggers and tangs to jumping. You are playing with fire not having one! :P

IMO get a wrasse. They are great fish and add a lot of color and movement to a tank. I have really enjoyed the McCoskers flashers that I have had in the past. Very awesome fish.

if i got one will that limit my choices for wrasses down the road? like, if i stumbled across a leopard at my LFS would it be a no go?

i've also debated on adding some firefish. i've always loved those fish. :D

• Like 1

if i got one will that limit my choices for wrasses down the road? like, if i stumbled across a leopard at my LFS would it be a no go?

i've also debated on adding some firefish. i've always loved those fish. :D

Flasher wrasses only have issues with other flashers. I have had leopard, fairy, and flasher wrasses all in the same tank at the same time with no issues.

• Like 2

I'm hoping for a surgery-less recovery for you.

Thank you kat.

tumblr_inline_mr1a7eMkzr1qz4rgp.gif

Side note:

facetimed the parents today.

HOLY MOLY. The tank is looking soooo good. aside from the bad rock pile aquascape, and the un-scraped walls it looks amazing.

growth everywhere. I'm so excited to see it and share the tank pics with you all! The biggest up an coming coral in my tank is the setosa

IT LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOD!

but the dosing hose keeps slipping off the alkalinity dosing line. It's not happening to the Ca pump or the Mg pump... So my dad put a small zip tie around it. I'll have to call GHL when i get home to see what's up.

• Like 2

I'm still hoping your parents want to adopt a(nother) non furry child. AKA me.

i saw ellie and enzo on the face time too. i can't wait to take some pics and video of them playing.

i'm sure my parents wouldn't mind having you around if you took care of my tank! ;)

• Like 1