ReefCleaners.org

TheKleinReef

How'd the indoor track and field ships go?

not good. i was ranked 23rd nationally. i needed to be ranked 17th to go to NCAA's. i had one meet left and i blew up, ended up running 14 seconds slower than i needed to. got knocked down to 25. ah well, i have outdoor track to look forward to. :/

Nope. I want to add the wxm and the feeder. And I need another EB8. But I'm gonna wait until fusion releases.

I don't know how you can wait to set it all up. When I get expansion modules in the mail I almost run to my tank to set it up :D

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Right. Now I know what it's like to follow my multiple tanks. :) Confusing.

Well, glad to hear this tank is staying around!

hopefully some big water changes on this tank will allow it to be SPS capable again. i keep looking at the old pictures and i get really sad...

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

everything in this tank looks okay. except my gold torch. 2 heads dies off. who knows when... the other 4 heads are fully extended and happy. i'll have to keep an eye on it. the tang may have to go. its darting around rapidly pissing off the clams. speaking of clams, the new one is a nice gold and purple squamosa. it doesn't have the most elegant pattern ever, but my mom liked it so i didn't reall have much choice there. the test acro is actually doing well.... it encrusted and everything, has nice purple tips and decent PE. but the other test acro that was doing well is MIA. i'm pretty sure that the urchin picked it up and dragged it into a cave somewhere. also found some new zoas my parent picked up. bright orange and doing well. hopefully they last. i've wanted to get on the zoa train ever since my acro dream turned into a nightmare.

TLDR?

new clam: squamosa

good news: test acro doing well

bad news: 2 heads of my gold torch melted. test acro MIA

• Like 1

Now I'm tempted to get one. I need a 1X macro lens.

The focal length is pretty short on that lens, might not work well for reef macro. Unfortunately everything with s focal range I want, 9 to 12 inches, start at $450 and climb rapidly. I was a sucker and bought a cheap telephoto macro .. the macro part being 2:1 at best.

TheKleinReef

Now I'm tempted to get one. I need a 1X macro lens.

The focal length is pretty short on that lens, might not work well for reef macro. Unfortunately everything with s focal range I want, 9 to 12 inches, start at $450 and climb rapidly. I was a sucker and bought a cheap telephoto macro .. the macro part being 2:1 at best.

i was looking at the 105mm, but my parents wanted this lens for other things so we kinda had to compromise. plus the 105mm is like $800... who knows after i sell the frag tank off i may have enough money to get the 105mm.

I just attempted to get the older manual focus 110 lens on Ebay. I was auto bid all the way up to $350, where I quit since that's the average used price. I never bid on Ebay, I usually use it as a store, and now I remember why. :) There's a cheaper one located in Japan but the notes mention some mold on the lens. I'm not sure how that happens or what it means, so I passed.

TheKleinReef

I just attempted to get the older manual focus 110 lens on Ebay. I was auto bid all the way up to $350, where I quit since that's the average used price. I never bid on Ebay, I usually use it as a store, and now I remember why. :) There's a cheaper one located in Japan but the notes mention some mold on the lens. I'm not sure how that happens or what it means, so I passed.

eek. i'd pass too. my parents are slowly becoming camera freaks so i wouldn't be surprised if they get some of the crazier expensive lenses. i saw a 105 AF VR on ebay a few weeks ago for like $400 but i hesitated and it was gone. *sigh*.