Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Polarcollision

Jumping in to see what solves this. I bleached mine even in the darkest part of my tank. It started coming back when I put it in a cave arch, but still pale. It also seems to like super low flow, almost a dead spot. I'm ordering Fauna Marin LPS pellets in hopes they give the best nutrition for recovery.

TheKleinReef

Jumping in to see what solves this. I bleached mine even in the darkest part of my tank. It started coming back when I put it in a cave arch, but still pale. It also seems to like super low flow, almost a dead spot. I'm ordering Fauna Marin LPS pellets in hopes they give the best nutrition for recovery.

Hmm. That reminds me if my old brain. It loved slow flow, but I never ran into a problem with lighting. This brain came from an sps tank so it was really pale when I bought it. Now it's under much less light and seems to be coloring up. Let me know how those pellets work. I've been contemplating getting them for my LPS but haven't seen the need since I usually just spot feed mysis.

Polarcollision

Cool. You're confirming my suspicion it's too much light. BRS seems to be out of the pellets and was hoping to combine shipping with reef chili. Darn. What are you feeding yours? The fish steal mysis right off it before it gets a chance to eat it.

TheKleinReef

Cool. You're confirming my suspicion it's too much light. BRS seems to be out of the pellets and was hoping to combine shipping with reef chili. Darn. What are you feeding yours? The fish steal mysis right off it before it gets a chance to eat it.

I feed silversides. And I protect the brain from theives with a long algae scraper lol. It's time consuming but efficient.
  • Like 1
TheKleinReef

How long were you running your lights?

Currently running the schedule on the first page. Can't remember the details specifically and I'm mobile so I can't check :P it shoul be something like 11H with 6 bulbs running only 4H.

This tank is very cool love the lower scape

Thanks Cameron! I've been debating on lowering the scape more but I feel it would limit the amount if hiding spots for the fish.

On a side note the nem split again. So now I have 2 in each tank. Ahaha

TheKleinReef

Let me get that baby rainbow nem!

i don't have one. just a rose nem.

Tanks still looking great, I like all the new lps

thanks! me too. my roots started in LPS and i forgot how much i loved them!

TheKleinReef

How's the sps doin

my test acro is actually doing really well! its growing like mad! i dubbed it :the stick of hope" :D

sps in the frag tank however are hit or miss. some STN'd all the way. so i removed every colony with STN symptoms.