ReefCleaners.org

Very nice. I used my fixed 50mm lens last night to take some pics. I forgot how much better (contrast, distortion, colors) a good lens can be. Unfortunately in my D3100 this becomes equivalent to a 70mm lens which means I have to stand across the room to fit the entire tank into the pic. :)

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Very nice. I used my fixed 50mm lens last night to take some pics. I forgot how much better (contrast, distortion, colors) a good lens can be. Unfortunately in my D3100 this becomes equivalent to a 70mm lens which means I have to stand across the room to fit the entire tank into the pic. :)

i'm still learning a lot about cameras. the more i hear people talk about them the more i spend time on google. :D

TheKleinReef

new brain! 13313057623_b9e0174ac0_c.jpg

New brain by xMrKleinReef, on Flickr
also got a huge zoa rock with at least 4 different colors. i'll snap a pic when they're all open
half ass fts
  • Like 7
TheKleinReef

I love the cute red panda. Zoas look happy, and that brain coral colors are insane.

and for only $80 it was a good deal imo.

but it shriveled up pretty bad.. hopefully it'll turn around. it might just be normal acclimation stress.

TheKleinReef

Lawn knows more about LPS and brains than anybody I know. Ping him.

it doesn't seem too bad. just not as puffy as my old one. i'll see how it acclimates, and if need be i'll message lawn tomorrow.

regardless look at this!

• Like 4

i hope so too i love them so many colors packed in such a small animal i wish i didnt take the dive into sps sometime because i would love to just have zoas and acans all over.

TheKleinReef

i hope so too i love them so many colors packed in such a small animal i wish i didnt take the dive into sps sometime because i would love to just have zoas and acans all over.

i dove into sps and i regret it completely.. haha i'll try again some day, but for now i just drool over pics

tested today!

Ca: 440

Alk: 9.0

Mg: n/a

K+: n/a

pH: n/a

temp: 79.4

SG: 1.026

look back at my testing log these parameters have been rock solid for almost 5 weeks straight!

SPS = stability promotes success. Sounds like you are doing this right.

TheKleinReef

SPS = stability promotes success. Sounds like you are doing this right.

now i just need the other parts to fall in line so i can keep acro again. i've been doing some water changes to get everything stable again. did a 10G today, and i have 10G mixing for friday as well.

the test acro i have in there now is doing really well. that little stick is my last shimmering stick of hope. hahaha

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

just got back from a run and was inspecting my new brain coral. it seems like something is wrong:

13413934643_a5dd5a3465.jpg

the mouth is open and you can see the flesh is really tight around the skeleton.

here some flesh peeled off, but it seems like that happened a while ago:

https://flic.kr/p/mrkXq4'>13413941303_f3c3d621cc.jpg

this is a bad pic, but it seems like its sliming or something. not sure if something was caught in the mucus, or its originating from the brain itself.

https://flic.kr/p/mrkooV'>13413830225_cc57dc10b5.jpg