Cultivated Reef

Looks really good!

Seems over dosing kills more tanks than under dosing. Just saying. :)

and boom goes the dynamite :)

11896598684_356b051368.jpg

11896465573_2ea9c303fa.jpg

11896597654_ef7626f3a1.jpg
Currently dosing 20mL alk, 20mL Ca, 10mL Mag per day.
i'll upload a pic of the dosing regimen upon request
Some Tank Pics:

Bah, started a new page, so quoting. :)

Keep an eye on your mag., for my tank I hardly ever have to dose mag. even 5ml a week is too much.

Oops that's not per day. That's per week.

Sorry about that.

Looks really good!

Seems over dosing kills more tanks than under dosing.

Huh?

Auto dosing Mg in a nano is almost unnecessary, once a week by hand will do. Peace of mind though, I do it too.

Gotta remember though I'm trying to take as much care requirements off my parents as possible. This doser eliminates their need to dose while I'm gone. That way they just need to feed.

• Like 1

Hey you. Have you heard of the live Zoo product from alagagen? I was wondering how quickly it would work to color up corals in an ULNS tank like yours.

Also, in reading ionic imbalance posts by Christine I was motivated to email Randy Holmes Farley for some tidbits I could share with you and her. Hope he replies.

• Like 1

Hey you. Have you heard of the live Zoo product from alagagen? I was wondering how quickly it would work to color up corals in an ULNS tank like yours.

Also, in reading ionic imbalance posts by Christine I was motivated to email Randy Holmes Farley for some tidbits I could share with you and her. Hope he replies.

Colors are improving rapidly with feedings. Information on ionic imbalance would be a great resource as well

• Like 1

Ca: 375

Alk: 8.3

hmmm Ca consumption increase significantly. not so much alk. i readjusted the Ca dose to 24mL and left the alk the same at 20mL.

everything looked good. STN stopped completely and for once everything looked healthy. here's a quick pic. i'll edit it later:

somehow i have 2 flickr accounts? what the heck?

11989743894_318a3deafe.jpg
*birdsnest looks weird because of the shading that the return line is casting over the coral. weird.
  • Like 5

Glad to see some color coming back! You have a beautiful tank, Roger. I hope everything continues to color up for you :)

Also... feed your corals ;) haha

Ah! That means a lot coming from you!

That reminds me... Brb gotta add you to the inspiration list on my 1st page. :)

mille RTN'd at the base since last night.... :tears:

why can't everything do well for more than 10 hours. :/

checking parameters now, expecting everything to be normal.

What the hell is going on in there? Could it be a pest of some sort? Just doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry if I forgot ... have you ever checked PAR? Too much light putting corals on the edge?

What the hell is going on in there? Could it be a pest of some sort? Just doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry if I forgot ... have you ever checked PAR? Too much light putting corals on the edge?

I run 6 bulbs for only 3 hours. And I moved the fixture up 4". Every coral has been improving for the last 2 weeks then BAM. RTN. :/