ReefCleaners.org

Wanna stop by and help me set up my apex when it comes in? :)

PM me if you have some apex questions. I have some pretty elaborate programs on my unit and may be able to help!

I have my LEDs setup for sunrise, mid-day, sunset.

I have all 4 of my mp10s hooked up to the wxm to rotate different patterns throughout the day and a night.

I have moonlight cycles.

I have feeding cycles setup to turn on/off my pumps, skimmer, mp10s, etc.

I have fans/heater setup to control temp.

I have an ATO setup with multiple float switches for backup.

I have alarms setup for low/high temp, low/high ph, low/high ORP and low/high Salinity.

I have an alarm to let me know if I am about to flood my condo.

Everything also has fail-safes based on the probe reading like if the temp goes to high and the heater is off it will turn off the return pump then then off the biopellet pump and then turn off the GFO/Carbon pump to help lower the temperature.

I have more stuff, but can't think of it right now.

best way to treat an entire system for redbugs? :/ they're on my granuosa, garf bonsai, and suharsonoi...

ugh this is really frustrating.

Oh man...

Best way? Set up a QT tank, move all SPS over to it, and dip every 4 days in Bayer Advanced. You could also try keeping everything in the DT and dipping all SPS in Bayer Advanced and return to DT after a rinse.

You could also remove your inverts and use interceptor.

Oh man...

Best way? Set up a QT tank, move all SPS over to it, and dip every 4 days in Bayer Advanced. You could also try keeping everything in the DT and dipping all SPS in Bayer Advanced and return to DT after a rinse.

You could also remove your inverts and use interceptor.

i may go the QT route. i have a spare 10g. but the big rock that has 6 colonies encrusted on it won't fit in a 10g. :/

i may have to go pick up a 20L and dip the whole thing. what super sucks is i just went through $8 of super glue (loctite) mounting all of the frags and now i have to dip them all.

i may go the QT route. i have a spare 10g. but the big rock that has 6 colonies encrusted on it won't fit in a 10g. :/

i may have to go pick up a 20L and dip the whole thing. what super sucks is i just went through $8 of super glue (loctite) mounting all of the frags and now i have to dip them all.

Homer-Simpson.jpg

• Like 2
jedimasterben

The mass of just his acro colonies probably would displace more water than my whole system has, that put things into perspective for me lol. He dipped once a week in Bayer, but the colonies just couldn't handle the stress. Once they're in place, they can't really be moved as a whole.

kat's tenuis and mille are peeling :/

everything. is. going. wrong.

:(

Ya... When it rains, it pours.

The mass of just his acro colonies probably would displace more water than my whole system has, that put things into perspective for me lol. He dipped once a week in Bayer, but the colonies just couldn't handle the stress. Once they're in place, they can't really be moved as a whole.

If it were me, I would have bought 20 melanurus wrasses and not feed them for a week. That would take care of the problem right quick lol. OK, so maybe not... but it's fun to think about.

jedimasterben

If it were me, I would have bought 20 melanurus wrasses and not feed them for a week. That would take care of the problem right quick lol. Maybe not... but it fun to think about.

It would have been too late by the time they passed through quarantine, anyway.

It would have been too late by the time they passed through quarantine, anyway.

QT? Nah. Desperate times, my friend. :D

Where did you read/hear about this? Is there a writeup somewhere?