Pod Your Reef

Metrokat Feedback:

First off i want to say she is amazing. Almost two weeks ago i offered to buy some SPS from her and she set a reminder in her phone to contact me. Once i picked the SPS i wanted, she fragged them and showed the exact pieces i was getting. The SPS healed for a few days and she then contacted me with an estimated shipping day.

Sizing: Generous size frags of awesome stuff. I asked for a multi-branching piece of nasuta and Kat gladly obliged.

Packaging: each frag was individually wrapped in it's on little baggie. Out of four frags, only one leaked, and it didn't leak very much, it still contained half the water and the SPS was still fully submerged.

Health: once the SPS were acclimated polyps extended almost instantly.

overall rating for metrokat: 10/10! Once i can keep zoas alive i will for sure contact here again! :)

right out of the bag:

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/6D52AC75-2E2F-4EB0-B2DF-498911B3923A.jpg.html'>6D52AC75-2E2F-4EB0-B2DF-498911B3923A.jpg

10 minutes after acclimation:

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/30F32A7F-1A3A-45CB-B7CD-85A80C706A73.jpg.html'>30F32A7F-1A3A-45CB-B7CD-85A80C706A73.jpg

• Like 4

beyond the reef in schaumburg. amazing place IMO

Went there today. They had some good stuff. Corals were well priced, fish a bit expensive though. Great selection though.

Went there today. They had some good stuff. Corals were well priced, fish a bit expensive though. Great selection though.

they really stepped up their game lately with coral and equipment. but i think i've only bought a handful of fish there. i agree the fish are a tad expensive. they had a 2" purple tang for $170. sooooo tempting but i passed. lemme know if you're ever up to trade some stuff!

they really stepped up their game lately with coral and equipment. but i think i've only bought a handful of fish there. i agree the fish are a tad expensive. they had a 2" purple tang for $170. sooooo tempting but i passed. lemme know if you're ever up to trade some stuff!

For sure. I am still growing out all the frags I have gotten, but once they are grown out I would love to trade. All I have now is a huge galaxea coral if you would want it.

i turned off 2 of the blue+ bulbs to see what it looked like with just 2 blue+ 1 coral+ and 1 purple+ it looked like the warm whit i'm looking for just very dim. any way to keep the look and brighten it up?

i have it down to between this:

3 blue+

1purple +

2 coral+

and this:

2 Blue+

2 Coral+

1 Aquablue Special

1 True Actinic

For sure. I am still growing out all the frags I have gotten, but once they are grown out I would love to trade. All I have now is a huge galaxea coral if you would want it.

haha that's funny. i'm trying to get rid of my galaxae as well. :P

Actinic/blue bulbs are dim to the eye, 'white' bulbs are bright because they contain significant amounts of green spectrum.

that makes sense.

i think i'm going to go with nanotopia's recommendation and see how i like it:

2 Blue+

2 Coral+

1 Aquablue Special

1 True Actinic

jedimasterben

The Aquablue has significantly more green (traded for blue), and some say that they wash colors out compared to the Coral plus. I think I would do 2 each of Coral Plus, Blue Plus, and True Actinic, but I've been known to push a lot of violet around :)

The Aquablue has significantly more green (traded for blue), and some say that they wash colors out compared to the Coral plus. I think I would do 2 each of Coral Plus, Blue Plus, and True Actinic, but I've been known to push a lot of violet around :)

after seeing what 2 blue+ 1 coral+ and 1 purple+ look like. i don't know if i would like 2 of each. i don't think the blue would even be noticeable. ( i do like somewhat of a nice blue hue )

Wanna stop by and help me set up my apex when it comes in? :)

I would. If I knew what I was doing :P

My parents did the initial setup while I was school. I did the minor programming

I also like even numbers and lighting, so it would drive me nuts to have one bulb be different :lol:

I'm the same way with aquascapes. I have to have symmetry.