ReefCleaners.org

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

ORA Joe the Coral update at the one month mark..

A little growth, some encrustation, but a whole lotta wahwah when it comes to polyp extension!

Today, 2014.12.14

Joe20141214_zps8dbfaa0d.jpg

Joe20141115_zpsbfa94458.jpg

I have a feeling it's about to really take off.

That PE is intense

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

wow, some nice growth there!

Thanks Klein!

Almost looks like a 20K Lokani. Very nice - tanks looking great!

Never seen one up close. I thought those were purple.

Thanks latte!

That PE is intense

Thank you Arce! and thanks for the pic bump!

That's the kind of PE that makes me want more sps!!

Me too, lol!

Sheesh, wish my Joe looked like that. I had a nice big frag, now down to a little nub, but it appears healthy!

I'm glad you're piece recovered. larcat claims it's a tank of an acro and holds up well to stress. I really like the forest green polyps against the yellowish tissue and blue corallites.
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I love those pics of Joe the Coral. It's nice to see a color that isn't quite so common in an SPS, the PE is fantastic! Love the microscopy pics, too!

Thank you Teeny! And thank you for checking out my microscopy thread too. :)
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

aaw. it looks like a christmas tree!!!

Hee hee! How festive.

I really, REALLY like the way that Joe the Coral looks! I'm a big fan of movement in a tank, so mad crazy PE makes me happy!!

Thanks Kimber! Me too.

ORA Joe the Coral update at the one month mark..

A little growth, some encrustation, but a whole lotta wahwah when it comes to polyp extension!

Today, 2014.12.14

Joe20141214_zps8dbfaa0d.jpg

Joe20141115_zpsbfa94458.jpg

I have a feeling it's about to really take off.

Definitely getting ready to take off! It is a fairly good grower IME. Its certainly an oldie but a goodie ;) Nice color and that PE :wub:

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Micro...this tank is absolutely beautiful and it just keeps getting better. Youve nailed it sir...well done

Thank you Rehype! I sincerely appreciate it!

Definitely getting ready to take off! It is a fairly good grower IME. Its certainly an oldie but a goodie ;) Nice color and that PE :wub:

Yes, I really like the classic SPS. Next on my list is the Oregon Tort. Though, that's always been on my list. lol.

There's still so much left to explore of the oldies before I start getting into the crazy new stuff. By the time I'm ready, that stuff will be more affordable. Plus plus!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

How's the dosing been going - keeping things stable? What are you maintaining Alk. at?

Nope. Still falling pretty dramatically every day... I'm shooting for 8.4ish.

Oh the eye candy. What lights are you running? I know my torch isn't as neon green as yours, but I can't get it to look "green green" unless my blues are keyed up really high and it's like a black light party.

• Like 1