Coral Vue Hydros

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Everything looks great! Nice new additions and welcome to club Katropora! ;)

That is a very pretty frag of Katropora!

Thank you Lily!

Thank you Kim!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it settle in and grow.

When you put your hand in the tank you have to let shrimpy at least check it out, maybe pull a few hairs. Just something that has to be done to keep the shrimp happy. :D

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

When you put your hand in the tank you have to let shrimpy at least check it out, maybe pull a few hairs. Just something that has to be done to keep the shrimp happy. :D

Yeah, he seems to like me. I fed him a mysis yesterday and it was the funniest thing. He held onto the thing and ate it like a squirrel. This little shrimp is more entertaining than any fish I've seen in a long time.
  • Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Now I'm dying to see a video :)

Good idea! I'm well overdue for another one.

sometimes they will stay on your hand even when you take it out of the water.

Cool! Yeah, I've been playing around with it. I'm amazed how docile they are.

i forgot to mention how photogenic that hurlock is. ;)

16022257968_4d3c2ecbb9_b.jpgmacro hurlock 1/3/15 by xMrKleinReef, on Flickr

Beautiful! Yes, the color pattern looks similar to the Bonsai but the Hurlock actually does more than just encrust. lol. I think I'm going to get rid of my Bonsai now.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

I'm done tracking growth on my Palmers Blue prostata and nasuta. I accidentally knocked a couple tips off the prostata while doing maintenance and there is a Joe the Coral growing over the nasuta which obstructs the images. I did, however manage to catch a series of pics for several months. I erased the background from each image, layered them in a stack, and carefully aligned them to make a couple of animations. Each frame represents two weeks of growth. Enjoy!

Palmer's Blue

PB-animation_zpsoi7k6tjs.gif

A. Nasuta

nasuta-animation02_zps9azrqjkz.gif

• Like 28

Those are awesome :) I've never seen growth shot like that, where you can really see the real details of how they grow. It's very interesting the see the difference between the encrusting growth and the branching growth. In the usual growth pictures you can only see the branching growth.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

those are very cool!

Thank you 1st!

Those are awesome :) I've never seen growth shot like that, where you can really see the real details of how they grow. It's very interesting the see the difference between the encrusting growth and the branching growth. In the usual growth pictures you can only see the branching growth.

Yes, the nasuta is encrusting well in addition to branching. The prostrata can only branch as it has nowhere to encrust but under the overhang.

That's awesome! I wish my acros grew that fast.

Thank you PC!

Amazing growth shots. when you made your tank a BTA dominant tank i thought to myself "he will be back." Your doing well for yourself too.

Yup..lol. I started threads this week on my local forums to start selling them off. I'm diving back in! ;)

AWESOME!

Thank you ninja!

That's how growth should be. Any new acros you have you eyes on?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the Kat develop!

Outstanding shots and growth micro

Thank you Rehype!

Awesome growth shots. whats the time period on those?

Thank you Arce! Two weeks for each shot.
  • Like 4

Yup..lol. I started threads this week on my local forums to start selling them off. I'm diving back in! ;)

Now that's what I wanted to hear! :D

Fantastic growth over time pics, I love these kinds of animations!

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Now that's what I wanted to hear! :D

Fantastic growth over time pics, I love these kinds of animations!

Thank you Mark! I think with the money I make from the nems, I may purchase a doser!

Agree!

:)

• Like 3