Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

ACAN HEAVEN :lol:

DANG.

It's looking amazing!

Those acans are beautiful!!

Amazing! Love the acans.

Fantastic looking, and the sticks look good as well!

Thank you everyone!!!

Very nice- looks like the frag rack is getting full. That bigger Mille looks like the same one in the front of my tank

Thank you Sk8n! Is yours a Bubblegum?

We are fuzzy rock brothers! Yay! :lol:

I'm an entire jar of jelly over those acans lol

Yeah, been dealing with a little bit of algae lately, but I think I'm getting it back under control. The Tech-M seems to to working on bryopsis. I'm holding Mg at 1800 ish. Thank you Ben!

Oh the eye candy. What lights are you running? I know my torch isn't as neon green as yours, but I can't get it to look "green green" unless my blues are keyed up really high and it's like a black light party.

Thank you Jaime! I've got some DIY LED's. That torch is super green even without lights on. I think it's just the particular variety.
  • Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Have to say that is looking spectacular!!!

Thank you NS! and thanks for the pic bump ;)

+10000000000

How's the color holding on the "fauxkins"? God I love that piece :wub:.

Thank you Gena! Yes, it still looks awesome. It's a really small piece right now. I'm looking forward to seeing it get a little bigger.

Though, I'm a little afraid to see where my alk is by the time I get home. I've been traveling for the holidays. Being away from the tank for 4 days is always nerve wracking..

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

So my urchin ripped that red delicate colony from the frag plug. You want me to remount it to a tile or leave it unmounted?

LOL! Dang urchins. Haha! No worries. You can leave it. I always remount frags anyway.

Whats your feeding schedule? Being BB have you upped your feedings? Just curious.

I'm experimenting now. I was recently feeding corals and fish on interchanging days, bit I've experienced a slight algae outbreak. I'm still feeding the fish every other day, but backed off on corals to let things clear up a little. Been feeding SPS every third day or so. Though, I realized that my BP reactor was also clogged. So, I fixed that and perhaps I can increase feeding again. I'm also going to change out all the filters and DI resin on my RODI water filter when I get back from visiting family. I'm planning to do a huge water change afterwards. So, I'll have to kick feeding into gear after that so my corals don't bleach from a sudden decrease in nutrients.

I'm experimenting now. I was recently feeding corals and fish on interchanging days, bit I've experienced a slight algae outbreak. I'm still feeding the fish every other day, but backed off on corals to let things clear up a little. Been feeding SPS every third day or so. Though, I realized that my BP reactor was also clogged. So, I fixed that and perhaps I can increase feeding again. I'm also going to change out all the filters and DI resin on my RODI water filter when I get back from visiting family. I'm planning to do a huge water change afterwards. So, I'll have to kick feeding into gear after that so my corals don't bleach from a sudden decrease in nutrients.

Since going BB in my system ive literally been feeding insane amounts with still no increase im nutrients. I guess my skimmer and chaeto just suck it all up along with waterchanges. Ive just been afraid of not having enough nutrients and being too clean.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Since going BB in my system ive literally been feeding insane amounts with still no increase im nutrients. I guess my skimmer and chaeto just suck it all up along with waterchanges. Ive just been afraid of not having enough nutrients and being too clean.

Nice. I'll bet your corals appreciate actual food instead of just dissolved nutrients.
Mr. Microscope

Oh wow I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet! Look at all em acans!

Thank you hypo!

Tank is looking awesome man.

Thank you 4x5!

Really like how this is coming along! That green torch is crazy!

Thank you kveekx!

I just got home from traveling and was relieved to discover that everything was in great health! PE on the SPS is actually incredible! I haven't tested Alk yet. I'm anxious to see how low it's gotten.

:D :D :D

Mr. Microscope

well..crap

Alk sunk to 5 over the long weekend. Gonna have to slowly bring that back up. An automatic doser is looking more and more attractive.

• Like 2

well..crap

Alk sunk to 5 over the long weekend. Gonna have to slowly bring that back up. An automatic doser is looking more and more attractive.

Ugh, down to 5? That sucks :( Does the tank appear to be suffering from the alk swings?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Ugh, down to 5? That sucks :( Does the tank appear to be suffering from the alk swings?

Nope, not yet. Though, I'm sure everything would be growing better if things were more stable. Color is still decent. Hoping it stays that way.

• Like 2

well..crap

Get a doser! You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner :D.
  • Like 1

I didn't know that frag in the rack was a bubblegum- it must be growing well for you? mine is s a slower grower. It's a different color coral for sure- it's one of my favorites but my wife just doesn't see my draw to to it?. Have you gotten a good closeup of it- mines hard to capture the true color

• Like 1

well..crap

I wouldnt be able to live without my doser lol

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Get a doser! You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner :D.

I wouldnt be able to live without my doser lol

Alright. I gotta find a way to make this happen... :ninja:

I didn't know that frag in the rack was a bubblegum- it must be growing well for you mine is s a slower grower. It's a different color coral for sure- it's one of my favorites but my wife just doesn't see my draw to to it. Have you gotten a good closeup of it- mines hard to capture the true color

Oh, you meant up there? No, that's a Palmer's Blue Milli (technically a. prostrata). The larger colony on top of my rock is a bubble gum. I'm not getting the best pink on it at the moment. It's pink, but not pastel pink.
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

A few new additions from the Nano-Reef Meet-Up II at Reefwise last Saturday.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/355136-nano-reef-meet-up-ii-jan-3rd-reefwise/

First of all, I traded with Klein. Here's my haul from that transaction.

Beautiful frogspawn! Yay euphyllia!

frogspawn20150105_zps41cd34c9.jpg

Second, a HUGE piece of Hurlock! It's a little beaten up from mounting. It fell off three times before I finally got it solidly in place. The base is purple, the polyps are neon green and very delicate looking, and the growth tips are blue (hard to see in the pic). I put it in the center of my tank and I think it's going to turn into quite a centerpiece. I can't wait to see how it looks in a few months.

Hurlock20150105_zpsa660dc76.jpg

Also, I'm now in club Katropora! ;) Gonna let this one settle in a little on my rack before mounting it to the display. The color is stellar! I can't imaging how awesome Kat's huge colony looked in person. I hope her's recovers.

Katropora20150105_zps0505c3d3.jpg

Finally, here's what I got from Reefwise. I've always wanted one of these and the whole family is really enjoying it. Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, "Shrimpy" named by my wife.

shrimpy20150105_zps87f09622.jpg

Happy New Year!

• Like 13