inTank Media Baskets

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

The base is teal/metalic green with reddish/purple mouths. Glows like crazy in the blues.

Favia0120140607_zps609d1f2c.jpg

I've never been a big fan of favias but have always loved this color combination. Nice pickup!!!!! The fish is cool too :).
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

What a nice looking favia!

I've never been a big fan of favias but have always loved this color combination. Nice pickup!!!!! The fish is cool too :).

Thank you! It's growing on me, though still in the back of my tank at the moment.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Frag Swap Reveal Round 3!

I've got two more reveals after this, but here's a biggie. ACAN TIME!!! Nearly all of my current garden consists of rainbow and reddish variety acans. I've been really wanting to mix things up a little and add some green and pink. I succeeded in my goal of finding some gems. Check 'em out!

First up, the Ghost Acan! It's got a green center, but the outside is a killer white (with just the slightest hint of mint green)! It's a really stunning contrast to what I currently have. The polyps are nice and puffy.
Ghostacans20140610_zpsc8a059e6.jpg

Next up is possibly my favorite if I can keep it from redding out. It's hard to tell in the pic, but, this one is hot pink and with kinda neon green/white/yellow stripes. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow out.
hotpinkacans20140610_zps81bb8f89.jpg

Sticking with the pink theme, I think this might be the, "Candy Cane Acan." It's got powdery pink and red with white stripes. The center is almost blue:
pinkacans20140611_zps1148d01b.jpg

Again with the green, I've got the Hulk Acan. Green, green, green. This is another one that will add nice contrast to my garden.
hulkacans20140611_zps9afdac21.jpg

Finally, probably the most blahsay looking acans I got, but possibly with the most potential if I can get it to color up more. With daylights it looks a bit brown, but with the blues on I can see orange in the center with a pink/salmon outside. This is one to watch.
mysteryacan20140611_zpscc30e119.jpg

That's it for today. More to come!

• Like 6
Mr. Microscope

This tank should be called "Things that Sting" :D

Nice scans. Is that Ghost Acan supposed to stay white on the edges?

lol, thanks Ark!

Yes, those are mature polyps. I wonder what the babies will look like when they start popping out?

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

So, I found the blenny attached to my WP10. :tears:

51199458.jpg

I have NOT had luck with fish lately.

Orchid Dottyback disappeared three weeks before my move, Bangaii died during the move, and now this one...

Back to just clowns.

I'm so sorry to hear about the fish. He was super cute and unique! It seems like in this hobby that you'll just get on a streak of bad luck with fish for a while and then suddenly you'll start having great luck. This hobby is definitely full of ups and downs!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

:(

I feel your pain, man. I've seen more than my share of dead fish :/

Thanks man.. maybe we should start a support group. lol

I'm so sorry to hear about the fish. He was super cute and unique! It seems like in this hobby that you'll just get on a streak of bad luck with fish for a while and then suddenly you'll start having great luck. This hobby is definitely full of ups and downs!

Thank you Felicia. Not sure where to go from here. I think I'm just going to ride it out for a while with the clowns.

• Like 2

Yeah its rough when you keep losing fish. Stick it out with the clowns until you're feeling better about it and then try again. :)

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Alright. I give up. This is as close as I can get, but the color still isn't right. This is what they call a, "True Rose" or in other words, just a regular RBTA. Though, I have to admit the color in real life is blowing me away. It makes my rainbow BTA's look like pale orange blahs. The tentacles are super red and the tips are pink and the thing looks like it's on fire even in daylights (frankly, it looks amazing without ANY lights on). The base near the mouth is a dark, almost black blue with hints of green as it goes to the red. Here's frag swap reveal update number 4!

85e48983-5614-434f-af23-594173d21b82_zps

That makes 8 BTA's now. I used to have nine, but for some reason my glowstick decided to shrivel up and die.

Here's the last picture I took of it a couple days before it bit the big one. The thing just never really inflated.

droopynem20140610_zps08752b61.jpg

• Like 1

That new BTA is stunning! I love the true red color on it! Mine are definitely more of a pink than bright red like that. Nice find! Oh, and sorry about the glowstick. I hate when things are touchy and die on you when everything else is doing well. Its baffling.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

That mauve, or whatever, is extremely pretty.

Thanks 1st! It's definitely in my top two favorite nems. It's interesting how the tentacles are considerably bigger than the rainbows.

Yeah, I can't get the pic right. It's not mauve, but more red with pink tips. My dang camera can't quite get it. When I put on the white balance, it makes it look orange and there's absolutely no orange in it. Without white balance, I just get blued out by my LEDs. Grr.

That new BTA is stunning! I love the true red color on it! Mine are definitely more of a pink than bright red like that. Nice find! Oh, and sorry about the glowstick. I hate when things are touchy and die on you when everything else is doing well. Its baffling.

Thanks Felicia! It is a real stunner. I'm not sure what happened to it. All the other nems are doing well even the one that came bleached is still hanging around and seeming to recover. Perhaps it got sick or something.

Thanks Felicia! It is a real stunner. I'm not sure what happened to it. All the other nems are doing well even the one that came bleached is still hanging around and seeming to recover. Perhaps it got sick or something.

Yeah, maybe it did get sick. I hate when a coral just up and dies when others are doing well. Its just frustrating not knowing what happened. Well I hope all your other nems continue to thrive!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Yeah, maybe it did get sick. I hate when a coral just up and dies when others are doing well. Its just frustrating not knowing what happened. Well I hope all your other nems continue to thrive!

:happy:

Sorry for the loss of the glowstick.

That red looks fantastic. I have one of the multi colored ones and it looks good, but I was really hoping for a solid red anemone. :)

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Sorry for the loss of the glowstick.

That red looks fantastic. I have one of the multi colored ones and it looks good, but I was really hoping for a solid red anemone. :)

Thanks Mark! If you do find a red one....good luck stopping there. lol!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I've been continuing to scrub and soak my Pukani to leach out all the phosphates. Yestday, I got a small wire brush that I used to get in all the places that my toothbrush couldn't reach. I also separated some of the rock in different buckets to figure out if some are ready or if I have a problem child. Yesterday I figured out how the rock scape will come together.

Of course, when you take a two dimensional image of a three dimensional structure, you lose perspective. So, here it is from a few different angles:

Newrock01_zps7793e1b0.jpg

Newrock03_zpsd7608cc7.jpg

Newrock02_zps3b96decf.jpg

• Like 2