Pod Your Reef

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

wow.such.chris

Everything looks awesome! I'm so glad you finally got those anemones.

I picked up a decent sized green speckled with purple tips bubble tip in Milwaukee almost 2 weeks ago for $30. I don't know the types very well but it looks really nice.

$30?!? I never see BTAs there for under $50, and I've been looking. You lucky dog!

• Like 1

How are all the new anemones doing? I know they were settling in during that last full tank shot. Have they gotten themselves established now?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Here it is for the record. 2 years, 2 months. I'm moving in 10 days. So, who knows what'll happen with that. Though, I have a plan and I'm not extremely worried about it.

How are all the new anemones doing? I know they were settling in during that last full tank shot. Have they gotten themselves established now?

Yeah, they're doing well. Though, I seem to have lost the tiny Purple Rain. I don't think it's dead, just lost somewhere.
  • Like 16

Wow! THAT VIDEO! Seriously just amazing! I love how you played with the speeds and put some time lapse in there. That time lapse of the acan eating is just epic. Also, I cannot get over the color on those new BTAs. Drool! Oh, and the final shot of your clown is super cute. Too many things to love about this video!

You're moving? Somehow I missed that. I hope the move goes well. A really well thought out plan is definitely a good idea. I'm sure you've got it under control :)

And sorry the purple rain went MIA. I'm sure it'll pop back up at some point or you may find it during the move.

• Like 1
wow.such.chris

I'm sure you mentioned it but where is the move to?

Edit: Also, Awesome video, nice song choice as well! What's the colony at 0:33? 2 acans, 1 acan, acan +blasto?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Wow! THAT VIDEO! Seriously just amazing! I love how you played with the speeds and put some time lapse in there. That time lapse of the acan eating is just epic. Also, I cannot get over the color on those new BTAs. Drool! Oh, and the final shot of your clown is super cute. Too many things to love about this video!

You're moving? Somehow I missed that. I hope the move goes well. A really well thought out plan is definitely a good idea. I'm sure you've got it under control :)

And sorry the purple rain went MIA. I'm sure it'll pop back up at some point or you may find it during the move.

Thank you Felicia! It's been a long time since I made a tank video. So, I was going for epic. Yeah, while I was filming for the timelapse, my clown photobombed me and I thought it was cute. So, I had to include it.

Yes, since I already removed the sandbed I anticipate moving the livestock at least will be a breeze. I'll just set up a holding tank in the new place (probably a rubbermade bin or two), move the livestock, tear down the tank, move it, set it back up, and re-establish everything. I have two weeks to get it done, but I don't think it'll take longer than a weekend.

I'm sure you mentioned it but where is the move to?

Nope, I haven't. Just a few blocks away. No biggie.
  • Like 1

Well you definitely succeeded in your goal of making it epic! That's the best tank video I've seen in a long time :)

Sounds like the move really shouldn't be too bad at all! Its nice you have time and don't have to rush. Not having the sand bed anymore will definitely make things easier.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Edit: Also, Awesome video, nice song choice as well! What's the colony at 0:33? 2 acans, 1 acan, acan +blasto?

Thanks sooch!

Are you talking about these?

acans20140320_zps249abd77.jpg

They're all acans. The babies start green in the middle and rainbow up as they mature.

Spectacular video !

WOW

Thanks Christine!

Damn that orange bta is legit! And the onyx clown? Awesomeee

Yeah, I love that one. The clowns just started out as regular orange percs (yearling pups). The female keeps getting blacker and blacker. The male too, but slower and not as pronounced.
  • Like 6
Mr. Microscope

I like dem acans.

Ringa dem bells!

Awesome video, Mr. M!!!!!

Thanks Gena!

very epic video!

Thanks Giga!
  • Like 1