inTank Media Baskets

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Thanks for the info! Mine are going on the middle island in my new scape, so they will have the whole island to themselves and won't be able to walk near my other corals. That island has a cave in the middle that they can suck into while they acclimate. The goal is to hopefully get that whole island covered in BTA's once they puff up and grow.

• Like 1

That's what I've heard. The only place in the country to have above average temps this year. From what I understand it never gets too intensely hot there too. Ideal weather for me.

It'd sure make trading corals a lot easier! ;)

Yeah, it's absolutely gorgeous there. Seems like it's always in the 60s or 70s there whenever we visit...and that's anytime of the year :).

I hope you make the move! And heck yeah on the trading :happydance:.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Thanks for the info! Mine are going on the middle island in my new scape, so they will have the whole island to themselves and won't be able to walk near my other corals. That island has a cave in the middle that they can suck into while they acclimate. The goal is to hopefully get that whole island covered in BTA's once they puff up and grow.

Sounds ideal! I think if you just stick with those three, you should have the whole thing covered with clones within a year or so.

Yeah, it's absolutely gorgeous there. Seems like it's always in the 60s or 70s there whenever we visit...and that's anytime of the year :).

I hope you make the move! And heck yeah on the trading :happydance:.

Sounds perfect for me. I'm a big softie when it comes to hot weather.
  • Like 1

I hate hot weather and super cold weather, so northern California is perfect for me. Its so mild here. We don't even have AC and I rarely need to turn on the heat.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

I took a new FTS yesterday as it's been about a month. You can see my recently split orange rainbow nem in it as well as a few of the new BTA's. It's only been five days since I got my shipment, but everything is still alive and continuing to settle in.

Here's how everything looks at the moment:

FTS20140421_zps586f068e.jpg

Once again, I gotta take a shot with the blues. This is becomming somewhat of a tradition for me now.

FTSBlue20140421_zps2d253d51.jpg

The Glow Stick BTA seems to be one of the happier BTA's and has found a nice place on the side of the pillar. I believe it will slowly make it's way up. It's hard to see the orange tips in this pic, but in real life they're much more visible.

glowstick20140421_zps527486b4.jpg

This is a crappy pic, but of course, my favorite nem has tucked itself behind the pillar in the most hidden spot possible. Though, I imagine this one will make its way back up top as well. This was labeled as, "Rainbow Rose" and it's by far the most, "rainbow" of all my nems. I'll get better pics of it as it settles in, but here's a quick and dirty shot to show you what I mean:

rainbownem20140421_zpsd5c6be20.jpg

BTW, my clowns have been going Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs with all the nems in there now. Since some have moved down the pillar, they kinda make a staircase to the top. So, they're going from the gold torch (their original host), to the rainbow at the base, to the glow stick, to the orange clone, to the original orange, and back again. It's been a lot of fun to watch.

That's it for now. More E. Quad pics to come.

• Like 12
Mr. Microscope

Stunning!

Thanks Ruester!

Beautiful! Great photos

Thanks Reefed!

I didn't realize there were so many varieties.

Thanks 1st! Yeah, it seems that for every variety out there, there is a speckled version. So, that pretty much doubles them.

Should of bought the glow stick at work for 35$

*spits out drink* cough, cough, YES! That's an amazing deal. My pic really doesn't do it justice.
  • Like 3
Mr. Microscope

is that an acrylic piece under the rock work?

Yes, it's a half inch thick 13 x 13 base of the pillar. I have fiberglass rod going through the pillar and it is embedded in the acrylic base for stability. That's how the whole thing stands up.

Lovely as always Mr M, Like the Blue Light shot! And the Acan Garden

Thanks Friar!

If its there Friday its mine, we'll see if its still there, ifso I can probably get it for 25$

$25!? Wow. Good luck. I hope it's still there for you.

I love the yellow bubble tips. That's one of the prettiest rainbow ones with yellow I've ever seen.

Thanks opaquelace! There's not a lot of yellow in this nem in person. It's mostly green to orange to pink. I'd love to get a lemondrop though.

Wow, Mr. M!!!!! It looks fantastic!!!!!

Thanks Gena!!!
  • Like 1

Everything looks awesome! I'm so glad you finally got those anemones.

I picked up a decent sized green speckled with purple tips bubble tip in Milwaukee almost 2 weeks ago for $30. I don't know the types very well but it looks really nice.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Everything looks awesome! I'm so glad you finally got those anemones.

I picked up a decent sized green speckled with purple tips bubble tip in Milwaukee almost 2 weeks ago for $30. I don't know the types very well but it looks really nice.

Sounds like a Purple Rain! Great deal! Where'd you find it? Best Fish?
Mr. Microscope

Well crap...Thanks photobucket. The B in your name should be replaced with an F. lol. Dang bandwidth max out.

I've got a video in the making though. Stay tuned.
3f04.jpg

• Like 4

Well crap...Thanks photobucket. The B in your name should be replaced with an F. lol. Dang bandwidth max out.

I've got a video in the making though. Stay tuned.

3f04.jpg

Happened to me last year too :lol:. Apparently it means you are popular :).
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

lol

I can't use Photobucket anymore without paying for pro. I don't know which of my photos are getting all these views and where they're coming from (since PB disabled their photo stats, still mad about it a year later) so I would know which to go back and replace with Picasa links, but I don't, and I run out of monthly bandwidth in a few days. Oy.

• Like 1