ReefCleaners.org

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Deleted User 4

Yeah, I mean the camera I'm using is 2-3 times more in costs....and it can't even reach half the macro your camera does...lolol. Pretty sad, my brother paid for it though. It's his.

Yeah, I mean the camera I'm using is 2-3 times more in costs....and it can't even reach half the macro your camera does...lolol. Pretty sad, my brother paid for it though. It's his.

IIX, it's not about the cost. Some of the cheaper cameras do quite well with the macro setting. You just have to do the research and read the reviews - bonus if they add actual pics taken at each setting. It's surprising how well some of the point and shoot cameras do in certain situations. I have a Nikon SLR but the little point and shoot that my dad gave me recently from Samsung has an easier time with getting decent pics without me having to pull the tripod out every time.

Deleted User 4

IIX, it's not about the cost. Some of the cheaper cameras do quite well with the macro setting. You just have to do the research and read the reviews - bonus if they add actual pics taken at each setting. It's surprising how well some of the point and shoot cameras do in certain situations. I have a Nikon SLR but the little point and shoot that my dad gave me recently from Samsung has an easier time with getting decent pics without me having to pull the tripod out every time.

I see. Nikon slr is a nice camera :)

Mr. Microscope

Does it have a feature to select the focal plane? I wish this one did. It's autofocus or nothing with this thing. My seven year old P&S can do that though.

I will often take pics without a tripod to figure out if that particular shot will work out. Then, I later reshoot it with the tripod for publication. The subtle change in stability really makes a big difference crisping up the focus/movement blurr.

That progression timeline is pretty cool. Well done.

Thanks Ark! They're a lot of fun to make.

ORA is breeding Pandas?! That'd be great. Can't wait to see them. I saw the RB artical about them, but don't remember. I checked the ORA site and don't see Panda Bangaiis listed, but perhaps it's not public yet.

Yes, mine was captive bred. I like that aspect of this fish as well.

Yes I think they do .. search on reefbuilders there is an article there on it I seem to remember

I will often take pics without a tripod to figure out if that particular shot will work out. Then, I later reshoot it with the tripod for publication. The subtle change in stability really makes a big difference crisping up the focus/movement blurr.

This is a great idea and a reason for me to go and find my tripod! :lol:

Mr. Microscope

This is a great idea and a reason for me to go and find my tripod! :lol:

Check out craiglist and garage sales. I got mine for $3! It's not the highest quality, but does the job.
Mr. Microscope

I have been here for a while. Your tank looks great.

Pics are also great. Love the macro shots.

Paris!!! Where've you been? Thanks for visiting my thread. Here's a couple more shots for you!

DDPERedPlanet20130104.jpg

TealAcro20130104.jpg

Paris!!! Where've you been? Thanks for visiting my thread. Here's a couple more shots for you!

DDPERedPlanet20130104.jpg

TealAcro20130104.jpg

Man!!! Polyps.

I was very busy with work but the tank still running. I have more time to check in now.

Pics are really great. Who needs DSLR when you can take these kind of pics with point and shoot. LOL.

Mr. Microscope

Thanks Paris! I'm glad to hear your tank is still going. I made a movie with that $99 P&S this weekend. I'll be posting it tonight (probably lol)!

Thanks Paris! I'm glad to hear your tank is still going. I made a movie with that $99 P&S this weekend. I'll be posting it tonight (probably lol)!

Actually I just updated my thread around X'mas. May be you can check in and share your thought on the Zoas problem I am having.

Your zoas are looking good. I would be really appreciated.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/289604-parishilton-new-nano-tank/page-12

PS. Looking forward to see your movie.

Mr. Microscope

Okay, here's my first attempt at making a movie of my reef. It's also my first time using Final Cut. Enjoy!

BTW, Love that we can now embed videos in our posts! +1 for the new Nano-Reef!

Man! Some of the best photography I've seen! Very, very cool!
I was wondering what those tiny white snails were that I have.
Now I know. :) Guess I'm glad I have them as well! And yes,

I only see them at night when the moonlights come on. W-

Mr. Microscope

Great video!

Thanks Supreme!

What an awesome video! I prefer videos like that sometimes as they really show what's going on in the tank! Nice job!!!

Thanks Jessy-Ray! Yeah, I was tired of shutting off all my pumps to get a good still shot. It was satisfying to just leave everything on for once. :lol:

Man! Some of the best photography I've seen! Very, very cool!

I was wondering what those tiny white snails were that I have.

Now I know. :) Guess I'm glad I have them as well! And yes,

I only see them at night when the moonlights come on. W-

Thanks ward! Yes, Colonistas! I love those things. They're my micro CUC army of the night!

I was so entertained by that video, Mr. M! You have to do more of these! The background music was fun...almost soothing in a very odd way. :lol: Your tank is absolutely gorgeous and of course I was most enthralled by the acans and the crabs (of course), though I have to admit the SPS is looking REALLY nice.

Deleted User 4

Video was really creative hahaha.

Btw, what do you mean by point and shoot? I don't think my camera can do such a thing haha.

I have a canon s95 and s100.