Top Shelf Aquatics

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

You definitely should watch the movie..it's great :) Don Knotts is awesome! The goofyness of the song just made me think of the goofy movie :)

lol. Don Knotts!? Okay, yes. I will indeed need to check that out.

185$ new in box for the MP10ES (non wireless) vs 150-175 best case used.

Ah. I see.
Mr. Microscope

Great video, the music was crazy and now has me blowing bubbles at my wife! I love those clowns, tru perc or picassos? any luck with hosting the torch?

Thanks rooster!

I bought them as percs when they were very tiny, but they have taken on little picasso-ish features. That black developed over the last year. They hosted my gold torch for quite a while, but I haven't seen them mess with it in at least a month. Maybe they'll go back when it gets bigger.

Mr. Microscope

Hey all! I just finished making my second movie of my reef. This one is focused on the things that come out at night and clean up dead stuff and waste. I went for a general creepy vibe on this one. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, I totally enjoy your movies Mr. M.! Another great one. Loved the editing. Now I know that I shouldn't worry about that one tiny snail that I have in my tank. Seems like you have a few! :)

Love Aphex Twins! Awesome movie! Nice to see someone with almost the exact same CUC minus the hermits LOL.

BTW what are the tiny white snails? I have them too I can't id them though.

Mr. Microscope

Oh my gosh, I totally enjoy your movies Mr. M.! Another great one. Loved the editing. Now I know that I shouldn't worry about that one tiny snail that I have in my tank. Seems like you have a few! :)

Thanks Rain!

The tiny white snails are called collonistas. They are a great member of the CUC. I only see them at night.

Love Aphex Twins! Awesome movie! Nice to see someone with almost the exact same CUC minus the hermits LOL.

BTW what are the tiny white snails? I have them too I can't id them though.

Thanks FICandy! Yes, collonistas. I don't think they're available commercially, but I've gotten them in as a HH at some point. One of the best CUC members aside from bristle worms IMO.

I went for a general creepy vibe on this one. Enjoy!

Mission accomplished! I enjoyed it, but my skin crawled and now feel like taking a shower.

Those bristle worms really creep me out! :wacko:

Mr. Microscope

Nice video!!! But I noticed in one of the scenes, the hermits were munching on a dead fish. Did your cardinal die recently??

Thanks IIX! Good eye!

Yes, not my cardinal, but my tailspot. The footage of the blenny near the end of the video is actually during it's last hours, though I didn't realize at the time. I noticed it hanging out on the sandbed the other night. I thought it odd since I'd never seen him there before, but figured it was just being silly like usual.

Well, the next day I saw the crabs going bonkers over something. Turns out it was the blenny. By that time, there wasn't much left of him aside from the tail with the characteristic spot on it. D'oh! I was sad when I figured it out, but then I thought the crab eating the fish would be perfect for the video project and I couldn't let it pass without getting the shot. I know, a little morbid, but that's what I was going for. Making lemonade out of lemons, right?

At least I know my CUC is doing their job. I didn't end up pulling anything out of the tank.

Great Vid!

Thanks Ark!

Mission accomplished! I enjoyed it, but my skin crawled and now feel like taking a shower.

Those bristle worms really creep me out! :wacko:

Awesome! I was going for that kinda reaction. LOL! ;) Thanks eitallent!

Very cool video!!! You've really got it going on!!!! I like your style :) I know you sped up the video at the end with the TSB...but I was feeling sorry for him. He looked scared :lol:

Aside from the tank looking GREAT, I really appreciated the videos. Its rare that I don't get nauseous after watching a reef video when someone is casually sweeping their point and shoot around the tank :D. Hope to see more of them in the future for sure!

Thanks Gena. I think it's just the video. At the time he looked about the same as usual.

Well, now I feel bad. I watched the video and immediately commented. I completely missed your post about the TSB dying. Sorry about that. I thought he looked distressed in the video but figured it was just the speed of the video making him look like he was breathing fast. Maybe it still was? Anyways...didn't want to come across as being insensitive. I love those little guys.
Mr. Microscope

I feel like after watching that I should get a "7 days" phone call. Very cool :)

:lol: Thanks Anna!

Aside from the tank looking GREAT, I really appreciated the videos. Its rare that I don't get nauseous after watching a reef video when someone is casually sweeping their point and shoot around the tank :D. Hope to see more of them in the future for sure!

Thanks gabe! I agree. I've observed most high quality videos are usually montages of still shot videos or subtle pans at most. I tried to emulate those. I'm not really sure what to do next in this media. There's not a lot to shoot in 25 gallons. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way!

Oh no. Not the tailspot! That's my favorite kind of fish. :tears:

Me too. I was looking at some really tiny ones at a LFS yesterday. They also had a two spot that looked really cool. I'd love to get a tiny lawnmower blenny to help with my GHA, but it's hard to find them small and they get really big, too big for my tank.

Sorry about your TSB. :(

I am just getting to know the little guy I got yesterday from the Drs. and he is a goof, no wonder everyone loves them so much! :wub:

Glad to hear you're getting to experience one of these guys. They're a lot of fun. Good luck!

Well, now I feel bad. I watched the video and immediately commented. I completely missed your post about the TSB dying. Sorry about that. I thought he looked distressed in the video but figured it was just the speed of the video making him look like he was breathing fast. Maybe it still was? Anyways...didn't want to come across as being insensitive. I love those little guys.

No no. No worries. I didn't think you were being insensitive. I don't always read all the posts in a given thread. There's a lot of chatter to sort through sometimes.
  • 2 weeks later...