Innovative Marine Aquariums

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
what's your mag? salt mix?

Squared, would you read my replies :huh: ... prior.

all water parameters have to due with salinity....well more so evaporation. But base parameters whe starting a water change have to due with salinity. example, water at 32ppt sal may be 420ppm cal, water at 35ppt may be 460calc

What? :P

... my Ca is running a bit on the high side.

surgicalsense
what the hell does that have do with anything?? you didn't post mag. sheesh

Kid what the hell is your problem? I posted my salt type and clearly stated I do not mix my salt water and I do not test magnesium because I would of posted that with my numbers I got today on my first post this morning.

Check yourself, Squared.

surgicalsense
none of your replies answered my questions, so i thought you were trying to shoo me away

If I was shoo'ing you away I would of told you to get off my thread.

I clearly post questions and go from there. You just jump in and ask questions with out even looking at what information I provide in my question. If you choose not to go back and read my original new post for the day (on my thread) that is up to you. But, do not come on giving me grief because you assume I did not answer your questions. Once again go back and read, because trust me if you did you would not of asked me those questions.

Basically your levels are dependant upon the ammount of water....as water evaporates - same effect happens with all the other minerals as does salt - its left behind...(this is considering that nothing would be using it

when you mix new salt - the higher the salinity(more salt) you use the more of the other minerals you use too...so if your mixing a higher salinity your also making a higher ppm of all other elements in the salt

so to answer your question about KH yes salinity affects KH....both during evaporation(causes kh to rise) and using more salt to create a higher salinity when you mix water will also create a higher kh then if you were using less salt to create a lower salinity

:lol: I am ... I have called Ecoxotics 3 times already wondering what the hell is going on with the customer service and tech support. I should just be able to mail this part back and swap it out for the same damn thing <_<

have you tried email, send it attention Ike.

and say Kat said to email him directly.

surgicalsense
have you tried email, send it attention Ike.

and say Kat said to email him directly.

Already spoke with him directly Thursday and replacement parts are shipped/intransit now. Will receive early next week ;) Kat I will call the corporate offices, I get it done, business, customer/client B)

Thanx :happy: you

i am a derp

No your not. Just get used to my posting style. I try to put all the data/input needed so that those who may help do not have to ask me the damn 50 questions ;)

Hey ss whats your mag? salt mix? :P

:lol: shut it ... silly!

surgicalsense
Basically your levels are dependant upon the ammount of water....as water evaporates - same effect happens with all the other minerals as does salt - its left behind...(this is considering that nothing would be using it

when you mix new salt - the higher the salinity(more salt) you use the more of the other minerals you use too...so if your mixing a higher salinity your also making a higher ppm of all other elements in the salt

so to answer your question about KH yes salinity affects KH....both during evaporation(causes kh to rise) and using more salt to create a higher salinity when you mix water will also create a higher kh then if you were using less salt to create a lower salinity

Ah makes sense.... now let me run this by you. Sense I have a hood and my evaporation is not much. But, I have the skimmer which does remove a very small portion of water. So since I do not mix my water, I should put in a very small amount of FW for this balance?

Hope what I said made sense Danielle :P

Yup :lol: ....

I need to get a picture up of my install handy work. I can not wait to get the rest of it installed. Yay, son ;)

We love you squared!

Top off water is good! Test your salinity often and make sure your top off water isn't causing the salinity to go down because u r replacing skimmer water

I have to add 1 third if a gallon a day.... Stupid heat from my hqi mh lights

surgicalsense
:mellow:

:mellow:

We love you squared!

Top off water is good! Test your salinity often and make sure your top off water isn't causing the salinity to go down because u r replacing skimmer water

It has been so minimal I can not visually notice looking at the main tank and the water mark fill line.

Oh Eric, the lights are so awesome :wub:

surgicalsense
I am so happy for you ss! I can't wait to see pics!

Fantastic work on upgrading your tank! We are so happy for you!

Thank you Eric.

:lol: Happy for me? Honestly did not think I was going to press forward with it. I really did not know what I was going to do. Bad really...

*Jordan :flower:

Oh sorry (typo) name spelling.

*Jordan :flower:

Your sweet I ball :P

Now that's a ladies man... Well kinda :D

Did you get dimmers ss?... Srry your thread goes so fast I can't keep p B)

Archived