Innovative Marine Aquariums

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
eBay? Nothing like overpaying..but if you really want it???

Yes and no ... because you know I will not over pay for it. So not worth it.

I'm glad you got all the lighting issues worked out! I can't wait to see how they look once you install them next week :)

What were you trying to get that sold out?

surgicalsense
I'm glad you got all the lighting issues worked out! I can't wait to see how they look once you install them next week :)

What were you trying to get that sold out?

No, not sold out. A part was faulty was all. However they wanted me to go through this whole lets rule out what is really wrong first when I have figured it out and I just needed a few minutes of the tech's time to explain to him. So they are mailing me the replacement part soon.

Oh I misunderstood. The sold out item was Pink's NE NFL gear :P

surgicalsense

Up date on lights:

Replacement part shipped, so since this is Friday I will receive it on Monday B) ... I will have the hood gutted and ready for the wrap up.

:o I do not work Monday. Not sure I want to make the commute to Santa Monica, oh to bloody hell.

surgicalsense
Bleh I would go just because I wanted to Git er done.

Drinking a Stella and gutting out the hood as we speak! Turns out I do not have to work the 0400 shift so I have time to at least put in the whites :D

surgicalsense

Done gutting and cleaning the hood. Now proper placement. I need to take a time out right now. As for placement between my PRO stunners with colors and the white/blues does it matter which is in the front and which is in the back?

Done gutting and cleaning the hood. Now proper placement. I need to take a time out right now. As for placement between my PRO stunners with colors and the white/blues does it matter which is in the front and which is in the back?

Yay! That's a good question. I haven't a clue. It probably doesn't matter???? Where are the guys??? :lol:

surgicalsense
Yay! That's a good question. I haven't a clue. It probably doesn't matter???? Where are the guys??? :lol:

Bump for the boys :P assistance...

It doesn't really matter but I would put the blues in front. The thought behind it is the whites have higher PAR and your scape is highest in the back. So if the white is above the highest point and the blue is over the sand you can nuke SPS at the top and still keep your mushrooms happy.

My lights are two rows alternating white and black so I don't think it makes a huge difference.

surgicalsense
It doesn't really matter but I would put the blues in front. The thought behind it is the whites have higher PAR and your scape is highest in the back. So if the white is above the highest point and the blue is over the sand you can nuke SPS at the top and still keep your mushrooms happy.

My lights are two rows alternating white and black so I don't think it makes a huge difference.

This means I should put the RGB Pros in the back since I can dim those while my white/blues in the front. Am I understanding that correctly (sorry beers while install, you know how that goes)

Thats how I arranged my leds. Royal blues up front, then whites, then blues. red & turquoise in the back. violets all over

no problem...and I know how it goes, I started on the left cabinet tonight. Like I posted in my thread

Blood bath anyone? haha(Giant was outta blood orange for garnish :( )

P1270283.jpg

surgicalsense

Success first bar is in the tank! Marked the location for the second bar once the missing parts come in and done, done, done.

So far even with just one there is such a big difference, I love the shimmer and I can see the blue/white effect and the clarity is awesome. I can not wait to get the other bar in. I promise improvement pictures :)

I also did pretty good making this install as clean as possible with zero help from the bf and thank you for the advise on which bar should go where and sense behind.

:D

surgicalsense
Girls can do everything boys can!

Yes, but still :) ... still sucked in a way :P

... so now to sell the stock lights,transformer, wiring and give away the other part :)

surgicalsense

Update:

LEDs are awesome :) had to write it again, can't wait to install the rest.

The numbers for today are:

Kh 12>

• So my question is this has to do with the salinity, right? Water hardness.

Po 0

Ca 500 ... again a bit on the high side, but not worried about it.

No 0

... skipping another Sunday water change :) ... Tunze Skimmer = awesome

My cloves look like hell, will probably remove them from the tank. Xenia is splitting, I will be fragging very soon. Duncan has more nubs. Zoas are looking good and I still have to place the other two new frags. Shrooms are shrooms :happy: Favia and GSP are happy. Inhabitance are happy and looking good. Will have to watch how much the girlie clown stuffs her little face :P

Lastly the frogspawn is still pretty pissed and I did injure it :( but, it is slowing opening. Not like what it was through.

surgicalsense
uhh what's your salinity?

Well first my question was: The Kh has to do with the salinity right?

I do not mix my water, I buy from my LFS.

Try spot feeding your frog with 1/4 cube of mysis soaked in selcon, take your finger and push it into its center where the oral cavity is and leave the flow off for an hour...itll help it heal

all water parameters have to due with salinity....well more so evaporation. But base parameters whe starting a water change have to due with salinity. example, water at 32ppt sal may be 420ppm cal, water at 35ppt may be 460calc

Archived