SaltCritters.com

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you planning to relocate all the coral to NM? I think you could do it. Just get a big cooler if you don't already have one.

When are we going on that field trip?

surgicalsense
Are you planning to relocate all the coral to NM? I think you could do it. Just get a big cooler if you don't already have one.

When are we going on that field trip?

I think I can. L said when we driving with the U-Haul. He said he is going straight though. So I will figure this out. Plus the LFS there (Southwest Reef Co) said to contact them and they will also advise me too.

They are the only fully stock reef store in the city :huh: but, better then none at all.

Soon :P I honestly did not think which weekend.

surgicalsense

Yay! I received my replacement controller and remote from Ecoxotics.

Boo! Once again, I have to call them because they still forgot the rubber install spacers and screws.

:rant:

... I just want to get this install completed, is all.

surgicalsense
How irritating!

Yes I know. <_<

Excellent news! Plugged in the lights and played with the awesome colors. Blues, yellows, oranges, purples, etc... I hope they respond asap and again mail the other part they forgot.

Big difference in the lights, right? Glad you finally got em up n running.

I've never moved a reef tank, but we went from Santa Clarita to South Texas in 36 hours in two cars with three dogs, two cats, two tourtises, two birds, a couple of african cichlids, and two primates ( the kids).

All were alive when we finally got there.

Just set up the RSM in NM, drive non stop and dump everthing in from the NC when you get there!!!!!

You should post before and after full tank shots of the lights. Did you get the RGB one? How many?

I've moved tanks before. Only a couple hours distance, but still no fun. What I hate is how it's inevitably going to be scaped differently. I just rent a room right now so I will be moving someday soon when I find something better. I was going to hold off on getting tons of coral until I was in a more long term situation. That didn't happen. :rolleyes:

surgicalsense
Big difference in the lights, right? Glad you finally got em up n running.

I've never moved a reef tank, but we went from Santa Clarita to South Texas in 36 hours in two cars with three dogs, two cats, two tourtises, two birds, a couple of african cichlids, and two primates ( the kids).

All were alive when we finally got there.

Just set up the RSM in NM, drive non stop and dump everthing in from the NC when you get there!!!!!

The bf said he was going to drive straight through with the U-Haul. So I will probably do the 24hr drive and stop in Flagstaff. However this is pending.

surgicalsense
You should post before and after full tank shots of the lights. Did you get the RGB one? How many?

I've moved tanks before. Only a couple hours distance, but still no fun. What I hate is how it's inevitably going to be scaped differently. I just rent a room right now so I will be moving someday soon when I find something better. I was going to hold off on getting tons of coral until I was in a more long term situation. That didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I have had the RGB's but just can not install them. Ecoxotics keeps forgetting to send the part I really need and that is the spacer. I know I could get this stuff at the hardware store. But, I should of gotten this stuff in the first place.

I screwed mine into the existing screw holes in my hood. The stock reflector is in between. This is giving me up to 82 degrees and it's winter... Plus I'm afraid touching the reflector might shorten it strip's lifespan. How do you plan to cool yours? My stock fans and power supply are completely dead. I'm thinking about dremeling out a slit in the plastic canopy and reflector for the strip to slide into instead of getting new fans and power supply. Any thoughts?

surgicalsense
I screwed mine into the existing screw holes in my hood. The stock reflector is in between. This is giving me up to 82 degrees and it's winter... Plus I'm afraid touching the reflector might shorten it strip's lifespan. How do you plan to cool yours? My stock fans and power supply are completely dead. I'm thinking about dremeling out a slit in the plastic canopy and reflector for the strip to slide into instead of getting new fans and power supply. Any thoughts?

My hood is a bit larger, I wish I could of screwed mine in like yours. But that is not the case, blah. I removed everything inside the hood. Including the on and off toggle button too. I left the fans in but I also have no power going to them. I thought they were getting power from the battery on the board but I am mistake or the battery is dead.

Well I am using the spacers provided for the lights and sense there are all these vents and the opening in the center from the button it seems to be okay for now. But once I add the RGB, I am sure this changes everything :huh: with the heat conduction and may have to come up with a plan. I will know later this week. They are shipping the spacers and I should get them any day now.

I do like the idea of dremeling out the hood and installing that way, too. But, I do not have the right tools for that in the meantime. Pondering....

I don't have a dremel either... I'm asking around to borrow one. I'll have to take a closer to look at my tank to make sure it could work. A little effort would be a free fix and not have to buy fans. Maybe it will make my room a bit warmer too haha.

surgicalsense
I don't have a dremel either... I'm asking around to borrow one. I'll have to take a closer to look at my tank to make sure it could work. A little effort would be a free fix and not have to buy fans. Maybe it will make my room a bit warmer too haha.

You would have to be in a pretty small room silly :P but, agreed it would be a quick fix. If I am not mistake, Gena still has her fans in and they are fully functional. I wonder if the original cord is still attached suppling the power. Considering she advised me to keep those fans in there for that reason.

Yes, not until the mid/late summer.

Oh, ok. I don't know how I missed that. I'll definitely be interested to hear how you end up moving the tank because I'm sure I'll have to do it eventually.

You would have to be in a pretty small room silly :P but, agreed it would be a quick fix. If I am not mistake, Gena still has her fans in and they are fully functional. I wonder if the original cord is still attached suppling the power. Considering she advised me to keep those fans in there for that reason.

lol positive thinking

I forgot about this until after I gutted my hood but the fans came on when I turned on the white lights. Maybe that will help...

Just found out that my roommates/landlords are moving in October so I have to find a new place by then. Oh the joys of moving tanks.

I may be moving my tank also...in august if I don't stay at the apt...its gonna suck and will be the last thing to go in the move so I can dedicate a whole trip to moving the tank...thank fully I have 3 heaters and 3 vortechs and can easily plug the vortechs 12v backup wire into a car charger. Eitherway moving tanks sucks

surgicalsense

:o I might to invest in the heaters, the 12v and oh crap... stressing over the move.

I know I saw my first tiny blood red bristle worm last month and Gena told me to chill out :lol: and not worry about it. Well this morning I saw two larger ones. Weird looking things. They were creamsicle orange and bristly 1.5 long. Highly senstive to light. I barely caught a glimpse of them.

... my palm cloves are pooping (term for you Eric) out on me. I think their dead :huh: However the good news with the Ecoxotic whites/blue that I have in now. My zoa are growing much faster.

YAY pictures lol. lookin good ss. When your rainbow zoas grow out a little more we should propose a trade. I just got a sweet deal on a nice king midas frag that I can frag once it grows out that I would be willing to trade. You should go check them out in my bc 14 thread.

Archived