Pod Your Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

ooo that color looks good. Mine looks more white/washed out so I definitely need to add another strip :) But I think I'm going to get an all blue. More pictures!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I wonder if I should kill the Koralia 240 for a week or so and see if that helps my shrooms?

I do not know, can you adjust it's output?

ooo that color looks good. Mine looks more white/washed out so I definitely need to add another strip :) But I think I'm going to get an all blue. More pictures!

I will promise... Why all blue? What is the other shrip?

Hey! Nice job on the lights!!! And now you can do big girl pics. I'm very proud of you.

Thank you, Mark!

:lol: ... big girl pics.

I think I remember reading something about magenta being a good choice to add for growth. I think it was Brad who said so? It was one of the experts on n-r.

surgicalsense
Nice job. Are you happy with the color combo?

I am, however I am trying to get used to the variations of different colors. I have no moonlight effects but I figure that is okay. I will learn the controller and all the different color varations that I can not give the corals.

* last night, I turned off the whites and just had the blues. Poor clowns it freaked them out and they actually went into hidding in the rocks :o I had never seen that before. I wonder what they see and their natural flight was because of that.

I think I remember reading something about magenta being a good choice to add for growth. I think it was Brad who said so? It was one of the experts on n-r.

Cool... I have that color. I have all the spectrum. Its weird though how some things look.

surgicalsense
I can't wait to see it in person :)

:D yes me too, you can play with the remote ... and on another note. I think my palm clove is dead.

Uh oh...you got grammar policed on the FF thread! Be gentle :lol:

My cloves aren't looking too hot either.

Want me to bring the monti over this Saturday????

surgicalsense
Uh oh...you got grammar policed on the FF thread! Be gentle :lol:

My cloves aren't looking too hot either.

Want me to bring the monti over this Saturday????

:lol: I know, I know. Spelling police are easier to deal with then Tang police I suppose ... I honestly could careless. Not sure about Saturday, might be on a crunch because I am working that evening. May I come by Tuesday the 7th? I am not working that day, maybe late in the afternoon.

* Unless you allow me to swing by tonight real quick?

:lol: I know, I know. Spelling police are easier to deal with then Tang police I suppose ... I honestly could careless. Not sure about Saturday, might be on a crunch because I am working that evening. May I come by Tuesday the 7th? I am not working that day, maybe late in the afternoon.

* Unless you allow me to swing by tonight real quick?

You can swing by tonight! My son's "girlfriend" is coming over after school today and I'm ordering pizza so we'll be in all night :)

You can swing by tonight! My son's "girlfriend" is coming over after school today and I'm ordering pizza so we'll be in all night :)

Playa! :lol:

surgicalsense

:happy: cute. Okay, cool ... I will swing by around 7'ish.

:lol:

They've actually been friends for forever and a day. She's had a crush on him for forever and a day too :) It's quite cute! I have saved the mushy valentines she gave him when they were much younger. If they ever marry someday...they will appreciate having them :)

surgicalsense
:lol:

They've actually been friends for forever and a day. She's had a crush on him for forever and a day too :) It's quite cute! I have saved the mushy valentines she gave him when they were much younger. If they ever marry someday...they will appreciate having them :)

I love that stuff ... we have a paper we found that P wrote on several years ago. "I love Johnny" :lol: L has it in his organizer, he thinks it is so cute. But, he is also waiting for the right moment to embarrass her with it.

surgicalsense
Gramar polece suk!

i hopes never too get caught bye thems in my hole life.

great job on the lights SS!

Thank you Eric and how are you?

.. the grammer po-po are after me!

Thank you Eric and how are you?

.. the grammer po-po are after me!

they tells me you has a warrant for things! told them i did thats i hasnt sea'n you all days

Im great. So happy its Friday! Gonna do a water change... have some beers BBQ and get ready for super bowl weekend! :)

I will promise... Why all blue? What is the other shrip?

The one I have is white/blue. I figured I'd get a Pro instead of a Stunner for more power for future corals, right? So then that leaves me with all blue or RGB... and you have to have the controller for the RGB, right? I can't really afford that right now. I'm looking for a used Pro for sale.

surgicalsense
they tells me you has a warrant for things! told them i did thats i hasnt sea'n you all days

Im great. So happy its Friday! Gonna do a water change... have some beers BBQ and get ready for super bowl weekend! :)

:lol: ... I did thats i hasnt sea'n you all days :lol:

Go NE!

The one I have is white/blue. I figured I'd get a Pro instead of a Stunner for more power for future corals, right? So then that leaves me with all blue or RGB... and you have to have the controller for the RGB, right? I can't really afford that right now. I'm looking for a used Pro for sale.

Correct, that is why I got the RGB Pro to support those corals I want and to keep from the mishaps of overkill with the lights. I do have the extra remote but the issue with is the receiver is busted. That is why they sent me the extra. I would totally hook you up, but the receiver needs to work most importantly, other then that the remote is useless :(

:happy: :happy:Well if overkill can be an issue.. maybe I will get a blue/magenta stunner instead of a pro? I want a little more light but still keep the softies happy.

Thanks for the thought :happy:

surgicalsense
:happy: :happy:Well if overkill can be an issue.. maybe I will get a blue/magenta stunner instead of a pro? I want a little more light but still keep the softies happy.

Thanks for the thought :happy:

No silly what I meant is. I have one strip PRO white/blues and one RGB PRO is all. I wanted to make sure I did not add like 3 strips or 4 when, specially with not knowing what I was doing. I consulted with Ecoxotics and explained to them my plans and specs of the tank.

... sorry maybe I did not word it clear. I have had the spelling police on my tail today here on the forum so I am on edge :lol:

surgicalsense
lol well I don't know what I'm doing even more... or less...? ha

psst you mean "especially?" Trying to protect you.

What - where? :unsure:

I would go with the magentas. If you are deciding a no-go with the Pros.

You typed "specially." Wrong use of the word. Anyway, doesn't matter.

I'm so indecisive! I definitely want a nem in the future so I want plenty of light. Everyone seems to say you need more than 1 or 2 strips. But then a LFS had a 12g nano with nem and one strip set up for a year... and it split.

surgicalsense
You typed "specially." Wrong use of the word. Anyway, doesn't matter.

I'm so indecisive! I definitely want a nem in the future so I want plenty of light. Everyone seems to say you need more than 1 or 2 strips. But then a LFS had a 12g nano with nem and one strip set up for a year... and it split.

2 strips Ethan the most. Darlin, how come you haven't emailed Ecoxotics?

Archived