Innovative Marine Aquariums

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got it! It's all hidden underneath the hood so I would say go ahead and use electrical tape. I was concerned about the aesthetics of it, but it's hidden.

surgicalsense
Got it! It's all hidden underneath the hood so I would say go ahead and use electrical tape. I was concerned about the aesthetics of it, but it's hidden.

What about that wiring? It is coated and the male and female connection is a pain. I guess I can just electrical tape up regardless and leave that wire coiled like it is. Just cover it in the tape.

What about that wiring? It is coated and the male and female connection is a pain. I guess I can just electrical tape up regardless and leave that wire coiled like it is. Just cover it in the tape.

See cell for D's suggestion. He also said just put tape around the connection.

surgicalsense
See cell for D's suggestion. He also said just put tape around the connection.

Well it is a bust. Someone used my electrical tape and did not put it back and I have looked everywhere :angry:

surgicalsense
It's a bummer you dont live in my area, there is a local reefer here that is selling an amazing neon green toadstool for $10.00.

Omgoshness that is a bummer. Unless you score it for me, I pay you paypal for shipping and the toadstool ;)

Update:

Did the 4g WC today just to use the SW I have sitting that I purchased 2 weeks ago. Froggy is still pretty mad from yesterday.

I changed out my Chemipure (even though I did not have to) I wanted to see how to fill the sock and blah, blah. I have to come up with a better plan when laying this out. I know now ;)

Hate when things are not where they are supposed to be. Usually comes from the hubbie cleaning and deciding he is going to move my things and then can't remember where to.

Cool, learning your plan of attack is always the best. I may end up catching the Yasha and shrimp myself this next time as they couldn't and now it and the shrimp have been MIA in their empty BC29 over 24 hours. SOOOOOOOOO mad.

Oh well he is ordering me a new pair! LMAO haha he just ate 60$ as he is not charging me for that pair.

So how's the Mod going?

Omgoshness that is a bummer. Unless you score it for me, I pay you paypal for shipping and the toadstool ;)

Well let me contact the guy and see how big the toadstool is. It looks like a pretty big show piece so I'll have to see if it will even fit in your tank :) If I had my 120 gallon set up already I would get the toadstool and frag you off a piece but I'm slacking on getting the 120 up. :mellow:

surgicalsense
Oh well he is ordering me a new pair! LMAO haha he just ate 60$ as he is not charging me for that pair.

So how's the Mod going?

Well least there is no additional charge for the replacements. I think I have the whole microbubble thing corrected for good. Levels are higher in the back chambers and it seems to level itself out in Ch.2 once I turn the skimmer on. But, i will leave the sponges in the pump chamber just a back up.

Well the FW will need to stand by again. My electrical tape is MIA and I can not run out right now to get any (FB game is starting soon) ... I pisses me off when the boys use my tools etc and do not put things back and then it is gone forever.

Well the FW will need to stand by again. My electrical tape is MIA and I can not run out right now to get any (FB game is starting soon) ... I pisses me off when the boys use my tools etc and do not put things back and then it is gone forever.

LMAO funny to read that, the woman is mad at the men for using the tools! LMAO

It always turns up right after you replace it! Watch you'll find it.

Really glad you got the bubbles under control their a pain.

surgicalsense
Well let me contact the guy and see how big the toadstool is. It looks like a pretty big show piece so I'll have to see if it will even fit in your tank :) If I had my 120 gallon set up already I would get the toadstool and frag you off a piece but I'm slacking on getting the 120 up. :mellow:

And thank you for thinking of me when you came across the coral, very sweet of you. Right, right if it is to big then of course do not fuss. Unless you think we can part this up or this is just to sweet of deal to pass up you know.

LMAO funny to read that, the woman is mad at the men for using the tools! LMAO

It always turns up right after you replace it! Watch you'll find it.

Really glad you got the bubbles under control their a pain.

:lol: just makes me mad, when my tools are gone. Even when you use my clippers and etc. Missing :angry:

.... Oh did I mention I found the mystery frag plug. I am sure the cat found it and batted it around. It was by the tank. Good news is I did not break to much of the bottom base part of the frogspawn. It was a good break, just hurt my poor froggy a bit in the process :unsure: Mouth is gapping again. Did this during the water change. Now it is super sensitive.

They are temperamental. Just try to not mess round in the tank and make it mad again for a few days.

It will be fine. Glad the plug was found! Cat probably was like here ya go I found it give me the $5 now. :lol:

surgicalsense
They are temperamental. Just try to not mess round in the tank and make it mad again for a few days.

It will be fine. Glad the plug was found! Cat probably was like here ya go I found it give me the $5 now. :lol:

:lol::lol: or extra chow.

... and GO NE! :lockdown:

So I put the 24 LEDs in the FW 3g ... totally does not look light enough light :mellow:

Pics? fluorescent lights have a certain 'glow' to them and they just radiate light everywhere - this is why they are not as 'intense' as leds.. led's are specific targeting the area. So this gives the illusion that the tank is 'darker' however the light is way more intense for the corals

surgicalsense
Pics? fluorescent lights have a certain 'glow' to them and they just radiate light everywhere - this is why they are not as 'intense' as leds.. led's are specific targeting the area. So this gives the illusion that the tank is 'darker' however the light is way more intense for the corals

So I have enough?

surgicalsense
Give us more stats. Link to the fixture? LEDs? All LEDs are different, some better than others.

These LED's are absolutely nothing fancy like that or I would of. Cheap waterproof stand of 24 leds I found on ebay for $6 for my little 3g FW. So these are not super awesome. I just wanted a better output then the T5 9watt the hood is stocked with.

... and NE is blowing this game :angry:

surgicalsense

Up date:

Just ordered the lights from Ecoxotics! Looks like I will have then sooner then 60 days as I was projecting. I want to get these upgrades over with honestly and just grow these corals out!

:D Yay, son!

... So all that is left is the exciting install and gutting of the stock JBJ hood.

... So all that is left is the exciting install and gutting of the stock JBJ hood.

That is the least exciting part... installing... the most exciting is turning it on to seeing spots

surgicalsense
That is the least exciting part... installing... the most exciting is turning it on to seeing spots

;)

... I am just happy to be done with this plan. The only other spending I want to do is on corals (if needed) and/or the routine supplies along with maintenance.

Archived