ReefCleaners.org

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense
So does coralline growth! LMAO I am watching patches pop up on the back wall and the old white BR and am getting all excited!

Silly us! :lol:

:lol:

That is great that your getting patches like that. Mine are so faint, without putting any additives for coralline. I hope it grows once the LEDs are in.

Oh geesh, the new lavender zoas are so freakin moody, something. Yesterday they looked like they were all going to open. Now they look iffy today <_< which is why I still have them on the frag rack.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I thought skimmer scum was supposed to be dirty dark green like olive drab in color. No?

Yes, once the skimmer matures and is completely doing the job. Mine is only 2 weeks old in the rear chamber. It will darken as time passes and it builds up also.

surgicalsense
Mines solid black.

... and yours is broken in, duh ;)

Morning! It's flippin cold outside, isn't it????? I don't like it :)

My new skimmate always looked exactly like yours. It's just breaking in.

... exactly, it is just starting to break down the proteins ... yes, it is cold. But, I did not notice until I got to Santa Monica. I ran out the door this morning to the office.

On a side note. I am going to have to tinker around with the pump/skimmer this weekend. After reading abit more with Kat's bubble issue and water flow space, I am going to see if I can increase some water volume in the back. So I am going to see if reversing the skimmer to hold on the other wall will open the waterfall up and raise the level in Ch.3 ... kind of a tricky overview when I picture this, because of the media rack in Ch.1 :huh:

That's gun powder Joel.

... or hot cocoa power he is mixing in there ;)

surgicalsense
Is the skimmer making the bubbles? or is it a waterfall in the back chambers?

It is the waterfall from Ch.2 into Ch.3 .... for sure! Right now I have sponges softening the waterfall to stop the bubbles, it is only helping a little bit. I know I have a solution for this completely, just haven't gotten there yet :happy:

I don't get a waterfall in my chambers at all. Can you just raise the water level back there?

+1

i think you just need to fill the tank up more. I have read about that on here all the time and 99 % of the time its from not having full chambers

surgicalsense
I don't get a waterfall in my chambers at all. Can you just raise the water level back there?

In Ch.2 there is a small slit in the wall were the waterfall is created and dumps into Ch.3 ... when I had the old fitration media back there the levels were different of course because the way the flow passed through. It hasn't changed to much since the upgrade, but something is still a tad off plus this added occurance.

+1

i think you just need to fill the tank up more. I have read about that on here all the time and 99 % of the time its from not having full chambers

I have added more water. But, figuring I am still trying to keep the water at the water mark line on the skimmer and everything else.

I have added more water. But, figuring I am still trying to keep the water at the water mark line on the skimmer and everything else.

just be somewhat careful dont add tooo much water ;)

surgicalsense
Can the skimmer be raised to meet a higher water level?

Not sure, there is a waterline indicator on the outside of the unit. I know that is where I am suppose to keep the water at for that at atleast.

surgicalsense

Look at this cool video I found on how to mod out a Tunze 9002 for better air control.

... maybe in the near future I will consider doing this. I just received my 24 LED light strip so I will be modifing out FW 3g hood this weekend of if the mood stricks me maybe later :P

Look at this cool video I found on how to mod out a Tunze 9002 for better air control.

... maybe in the near future I will consider doing this. I just received my 24 LED light strip so I will be modifing out FW 3g hood this weekend of if the mood stricks me maybe later :P

I can't see you tube at work, but I think I have heard of this mod to the tunze.

Are you putting the leds on the 3gal fw?????

surgicalsense
I can't see you tube at work, but I think I have heard of this mod to the tunze.

Are you putting the leds on the 3gal fw?????

I am ... just a simple stand of 24 lights. My bf little guppy tank :lol: that I take care of. I was going to just break it down and put it away. Now its my other tiny project. I will order my Ecoxotic stunner next month. First week of Feb ;)

surgicalsense
72 pages!!!

lucky... <_<

I think those lights will be kickass for ur tank!

Thank you and I can't wait either :)

... and most of those pages are us acting silly and goofy.

Archived