Innovative Marine Aquariums

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are really shopping on eBay lately. I relisted some items that I couldn't sell before and they are selling now...ka-ching $$$$$$ This funds my reef habit :)

surgicalsense
The drive and the zoa. Hubbie woudl kill me right now.

Ohh no he is playing call of duty, I made him mad. LMAO :lol:

Oh no bueno :lol:

All my skimmer is doing is fizzing :huh:

Oh no bueno :lol:

All my skimmer is doing is fizzing :huh:

poke it with a stick!

I can justify spending another hundred dollars on coral tonight - as I won the bowling brackets tonight - bowled my arse off too had to throw a 237 in the third game wtf too many good bowlers on our league

surgicalsense
poke it with a stick!

I can justify spending another hundred dollars on coral tonight - as I won the bowling brackets tonight - bowled my arse off too had to throw a 237 in the third game wtf too many good bowlers on our league

:lol: poke it with a stick

Yeah, thanks Trog for the insight :unsure:

surgicalsense
what not like my comment :unsure:

No you goof I laughed, I was hoping for some insight (again) on my skimmer and it's breaking in status.

No you goof I laughed, I was hoping for some insight (again) on my skimmer and it's breaking in status.

Photos to see what your description of fizzing is? :) might help

surgicalsense
Photos to see what your description of fizzing is? :) might help

I can't, sorry ... But I will explain it clearly. If you were to look down into the hole where the skimming cup goes. Well you see it fizzing with the water is all.

I can't, sorry ... But I will explain it clearly. If you were to look down into the hole where the skimming cup goes. Well you see it fizzing with the water is all.

bubbles? thats the real kicker if its making bubbles! mine blows bubbles all day long

surgicalsense
Sounds like it needs more air????? Maybe your water is all clean now. Throw some cocktail shrimp in there!

The water in the bucket is really yucky. I will open up the valve some more.

Trog, no bubbles ... fizzing, it is fizzing :lol: It has been fizzing from the moment I plugged it in.

:lol: I can not put the brain coral anywhere. The pistol shrimp keep moving it, I moved it away from their den. Well they decided to use the opening on the other side. Geesh, no happy medium here with these two.

surgicalsense

Took the skimmer apart... adjusted the air tubing inside. I am assuming it was kind of pinched. So I opened it up and also adjusted the blue air valve a bit more.

It is now bubbling inside (not inside the cup) just inside the neck of the cup ;)

I wonder if everyone is flat out lying to us tunze skimmer noobs. Mine has been up and running for at least three weeks and I think I finally got it figured out but I have to adjust the valve and the height every day.

surgicalsense
People are really shopping on eBay lately. I relisted some items that I couldn't sell before and they are selling now...ka-ching $$$ This funds my reef habit :)

:D I love your trade off. I am happy it is selling.

I have a few items posted for sale. Priced to sell even.

bubbles? thats the real kicker if its making bubbles! mine blows bubbles all day long

I got my hands wet with my skimmer lastnight. I corrected and found the issue ;)

I wonder if everyone is flat out lying to us tunze skimmer noobs. Mine has been up and running for at least three weeks and I think I finally got it figured out but I have to adjust the valve and the height every day.

What do you mean by, skimmer noobs? Why are folks lying?

Update on skimmer:

So after dismantling my skimmer and repositioning the hose line. It began to bubble correctly. So I opened it up a bit more only because I was not sure of intake on this thing. This morning the cup was full with about an inch of water. So I was pleased with this and dumped the water. Tightened up the air valve so that it will not dump the excess water in the skim cup again and will see how it responds today when I get home from work :)

Chief Reefer

I have the same problem with mine - I figured its what I get for buying used. The skimmer is in a part of my sump that the water level never changes. First the tube was pinched, fixed that, now it needs daily adjustment.

Think I am just going to stick with daily water changes and leave it plugged in for looks ;)

surgicalsense
I have the same problem with mine - I figured its what I get for buying used. The skimmer is in a part of my sump that the water level never changes. First the tube was pinched, fixed that, now it needs daily adjustment.

Think I am just going to stick with daily water changes and leave it plugged in for looks ;)

I am not worried all that much with the fine tuning of it. I feel it is somewhat natural to flucate like that. That is why we have the air valve to adjust it as needed. The balance of the tank will always change due to what we add/remove.

:D I love your trade off. I am happy it is selling.

I have a few items posted for sale. Priced to sell even.

I got my hands wet with my skimmer lastnight. I corrected and found the issue ;)

What do you mean by, skimmer noobs? Why are folks lying?

Update on skimmer:

So after dismantling my skimmer and repositioning the hose line. It began to bubble correctly. So I opened it up a bit more only because I was not sure of intake on this thing. This morning the cup was full with about an inch of water. So I was pleased with this and dumped the water. Tightened up the air valve so that it will not dump the excess water in the skim cup again and will see how it responds today when I get home from work :)

You are a skimmer noob.

surgicalsense
You are a skimmer noob.

And? The sky is blue ... point is I have the damn thing working accordingly now. Now it needs to separate the caca out of my tank :P

surgicalsense

I am going to run it in my bucket for another week or so, just to make sure. Before I dump it in Ch.2 :)

Yay, son! I got this!

And pretty soon you'll be filtering poo

... fishy/coral fecel matter :D

Your getting there though!

Glad it's collecting something now.

I know right, I was happy to see freaken water in the cup :lol: ... at that point I knew I had corrected the curculation issue lastnight when I took it apart.

And? The sky is blue ... point is I have the damn thing working accordingly now. Now it needs to separate the caca out of my tank :P

Just giving you a hard time sis. Mine is slowly coming into line.

Archived