Top Shelf Aquatics

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... as for my microbubble issue. I have a jist of where and what is causing them.

1. I was having them prior to the skimmer install. So that is ruled out.

2. My pump is completely submerged so I know it is not sucking in air from that location.

But .... the line from the pump to the powerhead is now in question and I think I should update the hosing. So, I will assume I can go to my local Home Depot and purchase a rubber hosing that is the same diameter and make sure it is secure. I need zip ties anyways for my filter sox.

The cause is the air leaking in from the exposed top portion of the hose line (which is not submerged in water) to the powerhead, thus making the eye sore microbubbles ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cause is the air leaking in from the exposed top portion of the hose line (which is not submerged in water) to the powerhead, thus making the eye sore microbubbles ;)

fingerscrossed

surgicalsense
fingerscrossed

I know right :P so I will go sometime this week to Home Depot or Lowes. I need to measure the diameter and then fix this. I hope....

surgicalsense

Oh I see my inTank order on the UPS cart as it comes into the mailroom :lol: ... just filtration supplies :happy:

Cannot miss the inTank logo parcel tape on the box. Stands out on the cart.

Oh I see my inTank order on the UPS cart as it comes into the mailroom :lol: ... just filtration supplies :happy:

Cannot miss the inTank logo parcel tape on the box. Stands out on the cart.

I love that tape :happy:

surgicalsense
HA, hope that fixes it for you!

Oh this is the purigen and filter floss, blah blah stuff. I figure I could go to the hardware store for the hosing darlin. I think something more flexiable and rubber like would better then the standard tubing. However if I wrong, please someone chime in and make sure I am doing this right :lol:

I have those zoas (x2) on the way, macro algae (x3) also on the way, 1 frag of blue/purple palm tree cloves lastly :)

surgicalsense
Is this all ebay stuff?

Yes, some very local and midwest region.

Was talking about the hose and housing. LOL ;)

Ohhh pics when they arrive!

I am up to my ears in microbubbles :lol: I do not know I am having doubts. I honestly though I had it figured on what they most logical cause would be. But, after adjust it (tubing) again I kind of feel clueless. Geesh.

Still waiting on the other pictures :angry: which is now a pain...

surgicalsense
You'll get it. I bet you it's the tubing. ;)

I will buy the rubber tubing and see, I have to do something. I need to also find rubber that will not dry out from the SW :mellow: ... google time.

Really?

sorry i had to :), That is going to be difficult to be totally honest with you. I would just buy some tubing and replace it on a 6 month basis like when you replace RODI filter type stuff.. I had some serious troubles years ago because i neglected my water cooling kit.. yea I wont ever go water cooling again for the computer

surgicalsense
sorry i had to :) , That is going to be difficult to be totally honest with you. I would just buy some tubing and replace it on a 6 month basis like when you replace RODI filter type stuff.. I had some serious troubles years ago because i neglected my water cooling kit.. yea I wont ever go water cooling again for the computer

-_- um, yeah... okay.

surgicalsense
Danielle....its time to lurk your thread....lol jk

No please do so, I could use some additional advise/thoughts.

K leme backtrack and read up on what you got going on

Ok so I looked back and your having microbubbles.

You checked the inlet to the pump - not there.

You have the return pump going to powerhead? - have you disconnected this hose from the powerhead side to see if microbubbles come out of the hose? If not. Try it. If no microbubbles coming out of hose, and the waters path is 2ater >pump >hose>powerhead>water. And your having microbubbles come out of the powerhead but not the hose disconnected my next question would be since the hose > powerhead connection is out of the water. Are you using a hose clamp? If not then what's happening is there is not enough pressure for water to come out of the connection, but there is enough flow going past to create a venturi effect in the loose connection. Two solutions - buy a hose clamp if you don't have one as the hose is probably stretched out from removal installation during maintenance or buy a new tight hose, and a hose clamp. Cut the new hose in half and install a quick disconnect - when you do maintenance disconnect with the quick connect to prevent a relapse of hose stretching?

That's all I can think of with the info provided in past two pages

surgicalsense

@ Deckoz

I have and it is a lose fitting. The hose to the pump is on with a tiny white zipcord. But this part is submerged so that is why I figured the air leak is from uptop behind the powerhead, opposite side with Ch.3

That was what I was going to do was buy a new tight hose. But, I did not think to make sure I have extra to do a test replacement and see how it responds once installed.

K leme backtrack and read up on what you got going on

Ok so I looked back and your having microbubbles.

You checked the inlet to the pump - not there.

You have the return pump going to powerhead? - have you disconnected this hose from the powerhead side to see if microbubbles come out of the hose? If not. Try it. If no microbubbles coming out of hose, and the waters path is 2ater >pump >hose>powerhead>water. And your having microbubbles come out of the powerhead but not the hose disconnected my next question would be since the hose > powerhead connection is out of the water. Are you using a hose clamp? If not then what's happening is there is not enough pressure for water to come out of the connection, but there is enough flow going past to create a venturi effect in the loose connection. Two solutions - buy a hose clamp if you don't have one as the hose is probably stretched out from removal installation during maintenance or buy a new tight hose, and a hose clamp. Cut the new hose in half and install a quick disconnect - when you do maintenance disconnect with the quick connect to prevent a relapse of hose stretching?

That's all I can think of with the info provided in past two pages

Damn! Next time I am picking your brain! ;)

OMG what's up with you today!!!???

ehh just in one of those moods :P missing some sleep bored - pacing back and forth.. waiting for my boss to make up his mind on which way we are going on a project.. sooo that leaves me to the point where i need to go see civilization, as i work from home

I was saying take your current hose and discconect it from the powerhead and see if you get microbubbles. If not replace hose or get a hose clamp. Sorry if it didn't make sense

And any time FLcandy, if you got ???s I got answers.

Also, I don't have fleas....nor am I a monkey...more like an annoying chiwawa

Archived