Pod Your Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

Good news and update:

Removed the microbubbles. All it took was for me to drop my arm into Ch.3 and move the pump back a bit... duh. The vibrations from the pump caused it to move/slid along the bottom of the chamber where it is still suction cupped.

Found a second stomella snail this morning while doing some tank watching in the dark :happy: yay... I really like those snails.

post-69207-1326036034_thumb.jpg clearer picture of the Tubbs.

post-69207-1326036070_thumb.jpg Vivid rainbows, I think they are moving/sliding off of the plug.

post-69207-1326036132_thumb.jpg closer shot of the rainbows.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

post-69207-1326036207_thumb.jpg Rising suns. These zoa grow super slow compared to the rainbows.

post-69207-1326036290_thumb.jpg tried to get a closer shot.

I have two new zoa I nabbed... the new ones are not speciality zoa like my others, but they are just as pretty.

post-69207-1326036378_thumb.jpg Aussie duncan, however this is a earlier picture of it. It has expanded its crown and now has two small buds on both sides now.

Also on another note: The skimmer is kind of running noisy. Vibrations only, I will fix this. Clearly just a simple water level adjustment ;)

* I will do my best to take some hardware pictures of the skimmer in Ch.2 and such. Routine tank maintenance (after my morning coffee) then which will include the 5g water change, clean/new filter floss, full feedings for fish and corals. Which will include; mysis cube, few pellets, and crop dusting (spot feeding for duncan) for all other corals.

i had a colony of blues slowly wither up and dissapear there is one or two left on the rock - from what I'm to understand... blues are some of the hardest to keep in captivity

i had a colony of blues slowly wither up and dissapear there is one or two left on the rock - from what I'm to understand... blues are some of the hardest to keep in captivity

I read this as well, I woner why? SS's seem to growing fine in her tank!

surgicalsense

Morning fellas!

Omg this mornings water change was kind of a challenge with the skimmer :o ... am I suppose to leave the skimmer on while doing the water change?

On the blue zoa note. My tubbs are thriving well, so are Gena's. They grow so freakin slow (mine are, could be my lighting?) Gena has a awesome crust of them on her lower rock face in the front of her scape. I can't wait to get those lavender blue zoa ;) to add to my collection.

My skimmer is kind of noisy. I so not mind the waterfall sound now coming from my tank, but the vibration is no so cool <_<

I actually have two types of blue zoas in my tank. The tubbs and a blue zoanthid from sealife inc. Both types have given me "trouble" at times. They get pox. They both have overcome it though. Right now the tubbs are looking pathetic. They are being overrun by the blue cloves. I tried to remove them from the rock but the putty has cemented them on pretty good. It won't budge.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will eventually lose that frag. The sealife blue are doing great though. They are bright blue with green skirts.

I think you would love this one, Mark:

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info...products_id=175

They have a neon blue variety as well. They actually have a nice variety of items...worthy of checking out and ordering from. They are great!

Those look pertty :) Me and x are going in on an expensive arse torch hopefully its still in stock by the time the lfs orders it for us. My frogspawn is doing soo much better now that i feed it daily

surgicalsense
I actually have two types of blue zoas in my tank. The tubbs and a blue zoanthid from sealife inc. Both types have given me "trouble" at times. They get pox. They both have overcome it though. Right now the tubbs are looking pathetic. They are being overrun by the blue cloves. I tried to remove them from the rock but the putty has cemented them on pretty good. It won't budge.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will eventually lose that frag. The sealife blue are doing great though. They are bright blue with green skirts.

They have a neon blue variety as well. They actually have a nice variety of items...worthy of checking out and ordering from. They are great!

Those are pretty. I had no idea the cloves were taking over the space :o ... Rising suns (main polyp) is looking somewhat ill. The smaller ones around it look okay so far.

Right now I am dealing with the microbubbles again. S-t-upid pump, blah. I have moved it around so many times this morning trying to fix it like I did last night. I am tired of sticking my arm in the back chamber trying to correct this. Maybe I should take a timeout and try in few again with this pump <_<

surgicalsense
Yep...take a timeout. That always clears the mind and makes things work better :)

Gena, I looked up zoa pox. Well that is it :angry: that is why they look like hell. Their sick with it (Rising suns) so now what? I have to allow it to pass?

You can dip them in furin 2? I believe. I'd have to research it again. There's a whole thread here on zoa pox. Put zoa pox in the search, it should come up.

This is why I try to stear clear of zoas. Palys do so much better for me. I never lose palys! I do love zoas though so I still try to maintain a few.

Those are purdy!

They looks so much better in my tank ;) That picture does no justice for them.

pfft he said she said :P gotta pick on her for not being able to take quality pics lul

pfft he said she said :P gotta pick on her for not being able to take quality pics lul

Trog...I would never do any such thing :P I was referring to the zoas on the sealifeinc website.

Gena, I looked up zoa pox. Well that is it :angry: that is why they look like hell. Their sick with it (Rising suns) so now what? I have to allow it to pass?

Blah! Not cool!

GL with the pox SS.

surgicalsense
Blah! Not cool!

GL with the pox SS.

Thank you chica .... yeah I just isolated the plug. The center zoa look like hell now :(

Thank you chica .... yeah I just isolated the plug. The center zoa look like hell now :(

ACK!

I found an Atipasta in my pink Zoa colony, so I had to take it out of the tank (that is, I have killed this one before and haven't seen it in over 2 months) stuck it with Boiling RO and Lemon Juice and then squished a bunch of reef putty into the crack in the frag rock he lives in.

Not their all PO and only a few are open. Oh well I had to do this before but I think a Hermit pulled the original Putty plug out so I made sure this one was in there good. And I managed to not cover any zoas.

I have fingers crossed for yours, I hope they do okay, I am now kind of glad I waited on getting blue Zoas as they seem to be finicky.... but then I thought pinks were too, but they love my tank. Hope they don't hate me now.....

i never had the zoa pox.. *knock on wood* i hope i never get it either.. the only zoas ive lost.. Eagle Eyes, and the blues.. im very upset on the eagle eyes because i had a 75+ polyp colony from a 3 polyp frag and it was starting to morph in an increadible colorful show

surgicalsense
ACK!

I found an Atipasta in my pink Zoa colony, so I had to take it out of the tank (that is, I have killed this one before and haven't seen it in over 2 months) stuck it with Boiling RO and Lemon Juice and then squished a bunch of reef putty into the crack in the frag rock he lives in.

Not their all PO and only a few are open. Oh well I had to do this before but I think a Hermit pulled the original Putty plug out so I made sure this one was in there good. And I managed to not cover any zoas.

I have fingers crossed for yours, I hope they do okay, I am now kind of glad I waited on getting blue Zoas as they seem to be finicky.... but then I thought pinks were too, but they love my tank. Hope they don't hate me now.....

I lost my Rising suns. Geesh, that happened rather fast :angry: I hope that I moved them fast enough saved my other zoas. It was like once the main zoa just fell apart, it spread to the other 3 next to it. The zoas mouth was open and it fell apart. Gross... poor zoa.

I lost my Rising suns. Geesh, that happened rather fast :angry: I hope that I moved them fast enough saved my other zoas. It was like once the main zoa just fell apart, it spread to the other 3 next to it. The zoas mouth was open and it fell apart. Gross... poor zoa.

Ewww, poor zoa!

Glad the pox doesn't do that to us! :mellow:

Oh my! That is crazy!!!!! Did you dip it in anything or just move it off of the rock?

surgicalsense
Oh my! That is crazy!!!!! Did you dip it in anything or just move it off of the rock?

I do not have anything (medications) to dip it in, however I did do some research on it. It is strange occurance also. It has something to do with the coral over compinsating with the ph of the water within itself. Weird stuff :huh: ... so now I am bit paranoid with my other zoa and the placement of my skimmer and media rack. I am wondering if there is a relation of course.

I removed the frag from the LR and then I, isolated it. But then I noticed how quick the first infected polyp died, then the 3 around ill. At that point all I could do was toss it :tears:

When I get home from work I will do a param check since I did my WC yesterday and have the skimmer in the tank and see what I get :unsure:

Archived