Cultivated Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another arranged marrige, I hope they like each other.

Ha but this will be legit!

Keep your fingers crossed that I can get 2 of opposite sex on Wednesday!

surgicalsense

I have skimmate! Frothy ;)

However the water I am using to break this bad boy in is not dirty enough to show it is removing the yuck. The froth is to clean looking to me, in my opinion.

Any suggestions?

surgicalsense
Cool!

I still mess with mine twice a day.

I am debating if I should drop in the chamber today, before Sundays water change or wait another week?

Would it even matter or make a difference? I am not sure...

Do what you do! dont do anything crazy actually time will help - since you just started bubbling.. you will still have to break it in i think!

surgicalsense
Do what you do! dont do anything crazy actually time will help - since you just started bubbling.. you will still have to break it in i think!

It ran several days with the fizzing, so I should run it several days with the foaming? Right...

If your tank is ready for the skimmer now, what's the harm of breaking it in, in the tank? I personally would just put it in today :)

I heard back from John at reef cleaners. He's adding those two items to my order. I don't think he's charging for it either. He never responded back about me sending payment for those. Great guy :)

Just put it in! I think you need dirtier water to get the skimmate you want. I skim wet but my bubbles are tinted green/brown and look thick.

Blergh that thing smells so bad when I clean it. ;)

surgicalsense
Just put it in! I think you need dirtier water to get the skimmate you want. I skim wet but my bubbles are tinted green/brown and look thick.

Blergh that thing smells so bad when I clean it. ;)

... and your right Randi! I just put it in. I have been adjusting it for the last hour since it skims differently in the chamber then it does in the bucket. I am almost close to the correct air flow for it :)

my new blenny is awesome :) he is more of an algae eater already than my previous blenny!... He is parked on top of the koralia 750 and nomming on the gha that is on the powe rhead lol

surgicalsense
If your tank is ready for the skimmer now, what's the harm of breaking it in, in the tank? I personally would just put it in today :)

I heard back from John at reef cleaners. He's adding those two items to my order. I don't think he's charging for it either. He never responded back about me sending payment for those. Great guy :)

Matter of fact, I went for it and just put it in moments ago ;)

Thats awesome! Well either way if you want me to transfer the $$ into your paypal please do not hesitate to have me do so. I went to Scales'n'Tails today and dropped off my 3g hood. It will be ready Tuesday. However I was not pleased with the FW fish selection there so I cruised over to Marks and got L 2 cherry shrimp (prego female) for his tank and some cleaning snails.

my new blenny is awesome :) he is more of an algae eater already than my previous blenny!... He is parked on top of the koralia 750 and nomming on the gha that is on the powe rhead lol

:) good that he is nom nom nom

surgicalsense
Cool on the skimmer!

Thanks darlin ... After running around to my LFSs, I was like screw it. I am putting it in and breaking it some more this way. So after my complete tank maintenance tomorrow morning I am going to run back to Marks and get my SW refills and maybe some more goodies. I am looking forward to the Vivid trip next weekend with Gena. Also I have the zoas I purchased on ebay coming next week :D

I think this thread is missing something.....something that is probably the most important part of the thread! Pictures! I'm gonna leave for a couple hours and when I get back the issue better be fixed...or else! :P

surgicalsense
I think this thread is missing something.....something that is probably the most important part of the thread! Pictures! I'm gonna leave for a couple hours and when I get back the issue better be fixed...or else! :P

:P I know I am way behind on my pictures for my most current updates. B)

:P I know I am way behind on my pictures for my most current updates. B)

I'm pretty sure I counted about 10 pages without pics. I'm a little dissapointed, I come to see some reefer madness and I leave empty handed. -_-

surgicalsense
I'm pretty sure I counted about 10 pages without pics. I'm a little dissapointed, I come to see some reefer madness and I leave empty handed. -_-

Sorry, sorry ... I take awful pictures and I depend on my bf to take them. I will do my best to update tomorrow.

surgicalsense

Q:

I am getting tiny bubbles from my powerhead. My pump is completely submerged in 5 to 6" of water. Is it going out?

Good news my skimmer is nice and foamy, but it is clean foam building up in the cup ;)

Q:

I am getting tiny bubbles from my powerhead. My pump is completely submerged in 5 to 6" of water. Is it going out?

Good news my skimmer is nice and foamy, but it is clean foam building up in the cup ;)

adjust the level down some - you want the bubbles to break before the top.

Bubbles from your powerhead - are they microbubbles being sent in from the skimmer?

surgicalsense
adjust the level down some - you want the bubbles to break before the top.

Bubbles from your powerhead - are they microbubbles being sent in from the skimmer?

They are microbubbles but this was happening before I even put the skimmer in Ch.2 ... I just never made mention of it only because I really did not think it was a big deal, but now I am having doubts.

Archived