Coral Vue Hydros

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
Upgrades are always awesome!

I know I said in several months, specially after my personal purchase :wacko: But, I figured I would get it started and break it up a bit.

I know I said in several months, specially after my personal purchase :wacko: But, I figured I would get it started and break it up a bit.

That's what I thought, but I ended up spending the $$$ on the bulbs anyways. Now for the stand and SUMP...... all will be DIY.

surgicalsense
That's what I thought, but I ended up spending the $$ on the bulbs anyways. Now for the stand and SUMP...... all will be DIY.

I have a plan ... just like how I ordered my filtration set up to get it done.

Oh DIY sump and stand... is the hubby going to assist with the stand. I am sure your awesome/experienced enough for the sump.

I have a plan ... just like how I ordered my filtration set up to get it done.

Oh DIY sump and stand... is the hubby going to assist with the stand. I am sure your awesome/experienced enough for the sump.

Yeah I know the idea! Slow and steady right? ;)

LMAO you flatter me! The sump I have had planned for a while just need to go get the glass and silicone. But I refuse to plumb it until I get the stand done as the plumbing will have to be cut shorter etc and I only want to do it once.

He is very concerned about building a stand as he is not a carpenter, I have told him he can do it, just to look at the DIY pages here and etc. I know what to do and what I want, I just don't like messing with the circular saws etc. So I need him to cut them. Otherwise I would do it all myself. I guess we are planning a long stand so I can use it for storage and put SUMP and eventually ATO in there. We are probably going to look at lumber this weekend. Maybe build the frame.

surgicalsense
Yeah I know the idea! Slow and steady right? ;)

LMAO you flatter me! The sump I have had planned for a while just need to go get the glass and silicone. But I refuse to plumb it until I get the stand done as the plumbing will have to be cut shorter etc and I only want to do it once.

He is very concerned about building a stand as he is not a carpenter, I have told him he can do it, just to look at the DIY pages here and etc. I know what to do and what I want, I just don't like messing with the circular saws etc. So I need him to cut them. Otherwise I would do it all myself. I guess we are planning a long stand so I can use it for storage and put SUMP and eventually ATO in there. We are probably going to look at lumber this weekend. Maybe build the frame.

Exciting! :D I could never do that, honestly. I think is so cool, I can not wait to see the frame even. Now, Q: After the stand is built, How are you going to move your assembled 40G onto that? :o

Exciting! :D I could never do that, honestly. I think is so cool, I can not wait to see the frame even. Now, Q: After the stand is built, How are you going to move your assembled 40G onto that? :o

That is the tricky part!

I am going to drain about 3/4 of the tank, and place the rocks that are unstable into a few buckets with the corals on top so they dont have the option of getting crushed. Then place the new stand in front of the old one (new stand will be shorter) and we will just move the tank from one to the other with a very slow controlled drop! LMAO we have lifted tanks with stock and water in them before with the FW planted when we moved it and I know the weight. SO I will plan on getting as much weight off the glass bottom before we do anything, but it will be done!

Then it is as easy as sliding the stand where I want it and then plumbing the SUMP. This will be a weekend affair and may give me a few gray hairs but it will be done by the end of Jan, so when I go out of town in February I have nothing to worry about.

That is my goal.

Man need a few more buckets though....... like 3 .......

surgicalsense
That is the tricky part!

I am going to drain about 3/4 of the tank, and place the rocks that are unstable into a few buckets with the corals on top so they dont have the option of getting crushed. Then place the new stand in front of the old one (new stand will be shorter) and we will just move the tank from one to the other with a very slow controlled drop! LMAO we have lifted tanks with stock and water in them before with the FW planted when we moved it and I know the weight. SO I will plan on getting as much weight off the glass bottom before we do anything, but it will be done!

Then it is as easy as sliding the stand where I want it and then plumbing the SUMP. This will be a weekend affair and may give me a few gray hairs but it will be done by the end of Jan, so when I go out of town in February I have nothing to worry about.

That is my goal.

Man need a few more buckets though....... like 3 .......

That is what Hair dye is for :D ... wow, that is pretty awesome. I can not wait to see this upgrade! B)

That is what Hair dye is for :D ... wow, that is pretty awesome. I can not wait to see this upgrade! B)

Do you know how impossible it is to find this color red I have????!!! I would pay 100's$ to get it matched. -_-

I will have a photo journal of the DIY for the tank thread.

surgicalsense
Do you know how impossible it is to find this color red I have????!!! I would pay 100's$ to get it matched. -_-

I will have a photo journal of the DIY for the tank thread.

I used to have the red highlights, but I am sure it is a pain to match what you want. I went back to coloring my hair myself <_< specially since I am growing my hair out and long.

It's my natural color so matching it would be super hard......

People ask all the time and I am like well do my roots look different? Nope it's all me even my eyebrows have red in them. :lol:

...... Someone is going to go further with that then I want but oh well.

surgicalsense
It's my natural color so matching it would be super hard......

People ask all the time and I am like well do my roots look different? Nope it's all me even my eyebrows have red in them. :lol:

...... Someone is going to go further with that then I want but oh well.

:lol:

Hey, I love those blue Zoas and for 10$!!!! I got three very tiny blue tubs zoas from Vivid but they haven't opened up yet.

surgicalsense
Hey, I love those blue Zoas and for 10$!!!! I got three very tiny blue tubs zoas from Vivid but they haven't opened up yet.

I have a nice size cluster (10 heads now) I purchased from Vivid of Tubbs. The are moderate growers. The purple/blues are pretty nice. Hard to come by the blue color like that. Since I found them I jumped on it (8 heads) was totally worth it and thanks darlin :)

surgicalsense
Blue in nature in general is hard to come by.

Are those blue tubs, naturally on the small side?

Yes so far I only have the 3 different types of zoa and they are the smallest in circumference compared to the others. However maybe that will change as it matures even more in my tank.

Not worried about it. They had so many colonies, and I haven't been there in a few weeks (2 to be exact) so if they have some they will be there tomorrow. If not oh well.

My theory no stressing over it, All I really want is the Yasha, or Yashas, after that I am going to hardcore stock this tank with corals.

Are you gonna decide on how many yashas when you get there???

I asked him to look for one with a black spot on the bottom and one without. He is going to try for me but can't guarantee it. I will only get 2 if I can be sure they are male and female. From everything I have read and all my research the ones with black on the bottom fin are the boys, and the ones with none are females. So fingers crossed I am aiming for 2.

Archived