Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

Woohoo! Jawfish photos! Great shots :) They looks like they're doing great. Its funny that they've picked basically the exact same spot in your tank that mine have in my seahorse tank: off to the left side under the rocks. :)

That gorgonian you got looks like its doing really well and I love how it looks in your tank. I also really like that new island you made!

Yep pretty much same spot! The gorg is sweet I want more! And thank you the island is sweet!

Well, if you are not very low nutrients, I would run your alk a little higher in the 8-8.5 range.

For a long time I was getting ZERO encrusting and very very very little growth in my system. This could be because it was too clean (not my opinion, but it could be argued). Since I always had some phosphates and some nitrates, I decided to raise my dkh from 7.0 to 8.5 in my 40g rimless over the course of a week. I have noticed that some of my acro frags and colonies are starting to encrust again as a result after just one week. My reasoning for this is that low end DKH levels are recommended for low nutrient systems, but if you are not low nutrient I would run in the 8-9dkh range. This is just my opinion though. I also had my dkh at 9.5 in my 60g cube with biopellets running and saw great growth with undetectable nitrates and phosphates. Something to think about at least.

It might be worth experimenting with a little bit higher dkh. Raise it slowly and see how the corals respond.

Thanks for the suggestion I'm gonna roll with that and see what happens!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn it I want to get the bubble Magnus doser even though the marine color works fine now, and I want the full apex system aswell! All these 15% off sales are calling me.... But I may be ordering another tank from pico, same size 30x20x16 and do a ghost overflow similar to reef savvy, I really want a sump for more space, no more all in ones.

IMO, I wouldn't waste me $$ on the reeflink. Yes, it will control the radion, the vortechs, and other things (so they say), but you can buy the Apex WXM ecotech module and have the wireless control you want, with all the other cool functions of a controller, now. Why wait a year or more for Ecotech to roll out some other functions for the reeflink?

With the list of things that you have that you want to control, I would suggest the Apex lite over the full Apex. Unless you want to control a Ca reactor, Tunze pumps, or an ORP probe in the near future, the Apex lite will give you the ability to control what you listed. If you want to add a second ph probe for a Ca reactor or control some tunze pumps down the road, you can always buy a module for it.

HTH. PM if you have any other questions.

good choice. you're gonna love it. i'm so glad i committed to a controller. i just ran out of plugs :P

Yea I'm excited! Indy helped me with all choices! Thanks Matt and saved me 10bucks ontop of everything! Now I gotta figure out how to wirelessly connect it to the internet using my apple airport express, I pmed Brad on how to do so.

Nice. So no issues with the jaw fish and diamond goby? I always wanted to try a jaw with mine but was little worried.
maybe a little bit but not much, only when the diamond goby wants to steal food from them, I'd recommend a pearly jawfish over a blue spot though.

Just read the first 55 pages of the apex manual, I think my head exploded

Lol, it is pretty simple once you sit down and have the interface on your computer

Lol, it is pretty simple once you sit down and have the interface on your computer

Alright good! Lol, really looking forward to the fusion update, looks like it makes everything super simple to program and takes the whole control freak to the next level.

Yea I'm excited! Indy helped me with all choices! Thanks Matt and saved me 10bucks ontop of everything! Now I gotta figure out how to wirelessly connect it to the internet using my apple airport express, I pmed Brad on how to do so.

Np man. I hope you like it!

Have you bought the TP link bridge yet? I had tons of problems with it and had to return. I am a Network Administrator so it wasn't my technical skills that were lacking with this thing. It just would not hold a wireless signal for long. I ended up getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-GWU627/dp/B004UAKCS6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1385877743&sr=8-7&keywords=wireless+bridge

It worked the first time and I havent had issues with it every.

-Yury

• 2 weeks later...

Penthouse suite at the Bellagio this weekend! Hope my fishys are ok at home.... If I woulda had the apex setup is feel better but oh well soon enough

Nice. Staying at the Wynn in a few weeks. Gambling isn't really my thing, but one of my best friends from back home is going to be out there for work, so figured I'd fly down for a night.

Nice. Staying at the Wynn in a few weeks. Gambling isn't really my thing, but one of my best friends from back home is going to be out there for work, so figured I'd fly down for a night.

Yea we lucked out with this 3 bedroom 5 bathroom suite! It's awesome... Flying down from Cali for a night sounds like a blast.

I highly recommend going to Prime Steakhouse in the Bellagio. Probably the best steak I have ever had in my life.

Yea we are gonna try for there tonight, last night ate at SHē inside crystals and that was a good ass steak too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes been super busy with work the last month and a half, tested today alk 8.4 and cal was 490! Oops shoulda been testing and keeping an eye on the doser... Lesson learned, no wonder the Cali tort looks like hell.... And may or may not be ordering myself a new tank cough 30th bday present to myself coming up in febuary. Still haven't setup the apex, now that Christmas is over and I'll actually have days off again I plan to do this very soon!

Yikes been super busy with work the last month and a half, tested today alk 8.4 and cal was 490! Oops shoulda been testing and keeping an eye on the doser... Lesson learned, no wonder the Cali tort looks like hell.... And may or may not be ordering myself a new tank cough 30th bday present to myself coming up in febuary. Still haven't setup the apex, now that Christmas is over and I'll actually have days off again I plan to do this very soon!

All I can say is...I feel your pain. We get a comp week off for working 6 days a week for the last five weeks. Just can't wait until feb 15 when I can take it!! 4 day multi dive trip to cozumel. Woohoo!

All I can say is...I feel your pain. We get a comp week off for working 6 days a week for the last five weeks. Just can't wait until feb 15 when I can take it!! 4 day multi dive trip to cozumel. Woohoo!

Sweet at least you get a comp week, last 4 weeks I've done 6 days but no make up time, Cozumel dive?!?! Awesome man very exciting! How's the tank and your kid doing?

Archived